Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Int on Fox? No!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Int on Fox? No!

I have seen a lot of posts on people putting intelligence on a fox and I just don't see the point. In ~theory~, intelligence is what ups your poison needle damage but it does not actually work out that way in practice. During the free respecs around level 50, I figured I would check it out, and pure dex actually has slightly higher needle damage then pure intelligence. This is because the points dex puts into pure damage goes straight into skills and is higher then what the intelligence puts in. It of course also has A LOT higher damage on the other skills which benefit from both the dex and the dex damage. Other then M/S which can be gotten from gear at higher levels or a couple bucks in gold for pots there is no reason for intelligence on the fox.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Agreed on what Sam said, which is true in ~theory~. The skill damage part of the poisons scale with Int and not dex. Difference is:
    Actual Skill Damage = Skill Damage + Base Damage.
    With Dex compared to Int the character base damage scales up faster then the skill damage part making the actual skill damage on poisons higher when using Dex. Wish I posted this yesterday when people could test it for free.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I'm with you, Fluff! Everything I tested indicated that int on fox would be of no extra use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Full int crafted 70 set with elite staff gave the same, or better, stats than 70 crafted elite ship set. The dodge proc is helpful too, and around the exact same skill damage. But dex works better due to dodge. Although str with beastly set is beastly :P great damage, armor, health and dodge.
    Ign - Who -- My guess is 1837.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Well if you want your fox to keep guzzling pots dont do int. Started using int gear at l25 and still havent bought any more pots (l43) Either way as long foxes dont start getting treated like int bears. As a int fox is very handy over when i tried pure dex
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

I wanna see someone own in int fox.

Kind of like how I was the only int bird, and owned.

(and people think int birds were underpowered)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

@mike and D I am not arguing against using int as a secondary stat to equip certain gear, I am only saying that dex should be the only primary stat, since it benefits the fox the most.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff:899065
    @mike and D I am not arguing against using int as a secondary stat to equip certain gear, I am only saying that dex should be the only primary stat, since it benefits the fox the most.
    I was talking full int or int with 67 dex for dex ring. Tried both with elite staff with the free respecs and stats were the same or better than phantom/ship set in pure dex. But still think pure dex was better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What do u think about str/dex fox? Any good? I think this would do just fine..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nytcrow View Post
    Ssshhh! Don't give away the secret! No one understands the concept of giving weak characters survivability! It will be our secret

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mike1298 View Post
    I was talking full int or int with 67 dex for dex ring. Tried both with elite staff with the free respecs and stats were the same or better than phantom/ship set in pure dex. But still think pure dex was better.
    If you are going for equipment, I would put all extra points into dex since that boosts the stats you need the most.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nytcrow View Post
    This seems the most natural since the fox has to get in close for its melee strikes. Tried it out in 56 pvp and the issue I ran into was 12 armor buff and 36 damage debuff was not enough to keep me alive against birds and mages. It is never going to be a tanking class so you need a way to end the fight quick which means a higher damage output. Still trying to figure out the balance.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    This seems the most natural since the fox has to get in close for its melee strikes. Tried it out in 56 pvp and the issue I ran into was 12 armor buff and 36 damage debuff was not enough to keep me alive against birds and mages. It is never going to be a tanking class so you need a way to end the fight quick which means a higher damage output. Still trying to figure out the balance.
    Im a pure dex for now but im thinking about going str/dex. We will see. Maybe with dodge buff lasting long will do the diference
    Thank you for this useful info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I am minimum strength for beastly and rest dex. Has amazing damage and survivability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Lmao I read what the devs were suggesting & put intelligence too but it doesn't do squat for poisons. I respecd too to dex/str

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Full str fox with max fury skill (+90% hit rate?) = OP. kakaka.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Int on Fox? No!

I have to say, enough int to equip your gear an rest dex isn't a bad build...

Wands are one of the strongest one handed weapons and they are ranged. You do lots of base/skill damage without having to go close and your m/s is good....what's the point of goin pure dex for amazing base damage when you never have the int to use your skills :/

It's not a horrible build, but it's equivalent to being an int bird, except int in the build doesn't dramatically change the skill damage
    LVL 75 SUPERDEXME... LVL 62 XXSNIPESHOWXX... LVL 37 SUPERTWINKME Lvl 15 VBC
    PROUD GUILD MASTER OF MASS FARMING

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I had my fox at 75 on Saturday and respecced many times. I noticed the same as the OP for the INT part. Most valid builds seem str/dex, or pure dex.

I tried both PvP and PvE. In PvP I seem to have a better chance (mainly tested vs INT mages) when being pure dex with talon set. I tried a ton of different skill specs and combo's and it seems that if I can break a mages' shield with the combo attack, it's almost a sure kill. The problem is that the combo attack doesn't always seem to combo at all, leaving the mage shield intact.

It's kind of a weird class IMO. Most skills bring you right in the opponents face and spells like break armor have a measly 3m range, making it feel more like a melee class. The 3seconds evade seems also a bit short, but it's long enough to get hypnotize (only 12m spell) to land, which stuns the opponent, with a fair chance to dodge their drain. This leaves you with a 3 sec window (3-4skills) to finish off your opponent. but, as said, if you don't manage to break that shield it's really hard. The main thing I noticed is that in STR gear the Dmg output suffers too much making you unable to finish the opponent off quick enough.

So yeah, for now I respecced back to pure dex. I have to try it out more but it doesn't seem like the best class for PvP at the moment. Maybe it's because I don't have an elite ring, or maybe I just suck at PvP.

For PvE it's also kind of a weird class. It does nice Dmg output as pure dex, but you need to get up close to the enemies, which as a pure dex character is generally not something you want to do.

So yeah, all in all I haven't found a place for the class yet. For Dmg in PvE I'd go for a bird with elite bow. For PvP probably too. Maybe if I get to 76 and can use the elite bow, things might change but somehow I doubt it.

Looking forward to reading more people's experience with the class.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

JaytB, That sounds perfect. I thought maybe it was just me testing that noticed that about foxes. Very excellently put. I agree with everything you said.