Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 in 1 Dragon Vanity set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default 4 in 1 Dragon Vanity set

We all know that getting a True Legend title nowadays is so rough. Some players are so lucky they had the title before sts added the dragons' requirements. Now, I was thinkin about.... for the new players and for the ppl who wants the title..... Is it worth it to get all the drags just for a title? I say no. Now my point is, what if sts add some special title for the dragon collectors (for all ppl who has the 4 set). The fact you craft the set and let it stuck up in your inv or stash and unable for you to trade and you can't even wear them all at the same time.
    Another suggestion to this... I'm not commanding sts on what they do but I think it would be more awsm if they made a dragon crafter that crafts all the 3 sets! With a new color or maybe something special & regardless on stats. This will add more challenge to players and all our hardworks will not be worthless getting those sets. I think this will bind the devs and players once again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Not sure if you're aware of this but to get the True Legend title all you have to do is get all the points granted from achievements. It's a total of 26,750. If you look carefully at the dragon achievements they do not grant any achievement points. So having them or not having them will not affect your chances of gaining the title.

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Umm... What? No idea what your ranting on about lol sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by renegade View Post
    not sure if you're aware of this but to get the true legend title all you have to do is get all the points granted from achievments. It's a total of 26,750. If you look carefully at the dragon achievements they do not grant any achievment points. So having them or not having them will not affect your chances of gaining the title.
    lol buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn wamm!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade:900193
    Not sure if you're aware of this but to get the True Legend title all you have to do is get all the points granted from achievements. It's a total of 26,750. If you look carefully at the dragon achievements they do not grant any achievement points. So having them or not having them will not affect your chances of gaining the title.
    Lol iknow... im a true legend . Why dont you check under FLAIR?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Craft all of them for a rainbow dragon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wammm View Post
    Point is, you're claiming that to get the true legend title you need to have all the dragon set achievements. Which is not the case. Doesnt matter if you already have the title. You seem to be under the impression you need every single achievement to get the title. When in fact all you need is the achievements that grant points. I am well aware that the dragon achievements are in the flair section. Maybe you should take your own advice and check them. You will clearly see under the achievement they grant no points.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

We all know that getting a True Legend title nowadays is so rough. Some players are so lucky they had the title before sts added the dragons' requirements. Now, I was thinkin about.... for the new players and for the ppl who wants the title..... Is it worth it to get all the drags just for a title? I say no. Now my point is, what if sts add some special title for the dragon collectors (for all ppl who has the 4 set). The fact you craft the set and let it stuck up in your inv or stash and unable for you to trade and you can't even wear them all at the same time.
    Another suggestion to this... I'm not commanding sts on what they do but I think it would be more awsm if they made a dragon crafter that crafts all the 3 sets! With a new color or maybe something special & regardless on stats. This will add more challenge to players and all our hardworks will not be worthless getting those sets. I think this will bind the devs and players once again
    Cool! I love this idea!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I suggested last month that they add a title "Dragon Master" (or something similar) for anyone who crafts all 5 (black, blue, red, gold & green) dragon sets. Techno said she liked the idea, but there's been no mention of it yet. Maybe they can add it in the next update.

As I'm sure you all have noticed, dragon items have taken a big hit in value recently. The reason is that some folks that had multiple sets no longer need them since you now only need one set, even if you got many toons. You can just pass the set around and every toon gets a ring with the stats. So all the extra sets are then put up for sale, and flooded the market. If there was an achievement added for crafting all sets, then folks will want to buy extra sets again and prices will go back up. It will help the economy and also would make for an interesting and prestigious title, perhaps even more prestigious than "True Legend".

But Renegade is correct, you don't need it for "True Legend".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

@ Renegade .. whooops .didn't noticed that they doesn't comes with the points. Mybaaad

@Energizeric TRUE. Economy will be good again when drags' prices raised up, but including black drag will be so hard imo, the fact that they are discontinued so no new players can have that unless they got the big hit and got some 12-15M if black drags still exist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Im not sure how jacked up Dragon set pieces again helps the economy. It only helps those people who have dragons, just like before. So it makes the rich, richer. I think having dragon pieces under the gold cap makes the economy more balanced. Money has more meaning again and less scamming by trying to trade over gold cap items.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    Im not sure how jacked up Dragon set pieces again helps the economy. It only helps those people who have dragons, just like before. So it makes the rich, richer. I think having dragon pieces under the gold cap makes the economy more balanced. Money has more meaning again and less scamming by trying to trade over gold cap items.
    Dragon prices were already well below gold cap before the dragon crafting came out. I don't think making a title will cause them to go up that much, but it's getting to the point that they're not even the most expensive items in game anymore. I think such a title would cause them to go back up to the 4-6m range per piece.

Having dragon items go back up a little would indeed help the economy. The problem lately if you haven't noticed, is that almost everything is dropping in price. Everything that was expensive that is. The result is that the wealthy players are dumping all their items for fear they will lose money by holding them. And this then results in prices dropping even further. The only items that seem to be holding value are Demonic items. Nothing seems to be increasing in value anymore. The economy is in freefall basically. If PL had a "stock market" or other financial index, it would be taking a big crash the past few weeks.

As far as the black dragon pieces, I still see them for sale in the CS. Yes they are expensive. But that is part of having such an achievement -- having the money to purchase the sets. Very few players actually get a dragon drop of any kind. Originally people complained that the black dragon pet cannot be obtained anymore. But then it was revealed that the gold pet works just fine for any of the sets including the black one. So that solves that problem. The black dragon items are tradeable, so anyone can obtain one.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-19-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Dragon prices were already well below gold cap before the dragon crafting came out. I don't think making a title will cause them to go up that much, but it's getting to the point that they're not even the most expensive items in game anymore. I think such a title would cause them to go back up to the 4-6m range per piece.

Having dragon items go back up a little would indeed help the economy. The problem lately if you haven't noticed, is that almost everything is dropping in price. Everything that was expensive that is. The result is that the wealthy players are dumping all their items for fear they will lose money by holding them. And this then results in prices dropping even further. The only items that seem to be holding value are Demonic items. Nothing seems to be increasing in value anymore. The economy is in freefall basically. If PL had a "stock market" or other financial index, it would be taking a big crash the past few weeks.

As far as the black dragon pieces, I still see them for sale in the CS. Yes they are expensive. But that is part of having such an achievement -- having the money to purchase the sets. Very few players actually get a dragon drop of any kind. Originally people complained that the black dragon pet cannot be obtained anymore. But then it was revealed that the gold pet works just fine for any of the sets including the black one. So that solves that problem. The black dragon items are tradeable, so anyone can obtain one.
    fair enough, 4-5M would be fine, they are close to that today (3M-5M). I just dont think $30M prices are reasonable.

Everything dropping in price because people are selling instead of hoarding? It sounds like a good thing to me. So instead of super wealthy players having everything, it get distributed more and people get to actually enjoy using some of the unique items in the game. Players win. I doubt people will feel too sorry for someone having $50M instead of $200M in value.

I didn't know the black dragon pieces were sellable. I've never seen one in CS but will keep an eye out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

ill post a picture later on......True Legend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I didn't know the black dragon pieces were sellable. I've never seen one in CS but will keep an eye out.
    That's because you didn't know where to look. Black dragon pieces are NOT vanity prior to crafting them. They are level 71 regular armor and helms. Just look up the pink items for level 71 and you will see a few of each in the CS.

As for not feeling sorry for someone having 50m instead of 200m, that is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that once you reach 50m there is nothing more to accomplish in PL and so most of your elite players have now exited the game and are playing other games, myself included. To get me back into PL I would have to actually have something to achieve. And in the current environment of everything being cheap, I can buy whatever I want, and basically I'm bored. What used to keep it interesting was working towards some kind of goal or achievement. First it was working/saving towards a good crafted set. Then it was working/saving towards a dragon set. Then it became a goal of getting all dragon sets. Then I wanted a demonic set. And then.... nothing because there is nothing that's even a challenge anymore.

I'd like it if there was one thing that was super rare and actually did cost 30m. Because then I could set obtaining that item as a goal and work hard for it. But if STS did make such an item, the "I must have every item" folks would complain that it's too rare and expensive, and would cry until STS made it common and cheap. So that is where we are today. I guess I'll keep playing AL for now and will only stop by in PL once in a while to have a look around. Maybe I'll get lucky and someday STS will add something that is actually a challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    That's because you didn't know where to look. Black dragon pieces are NOT vanity prior to crafting them. They are level 71 regular armor and helms. Just look up the pink items for level 71 and you will see a few of each in the CS.

As for not feeling sorry for someone having 50m instead of 200m, that is one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is that once you reach 50m there is nothing more to accomplish in PL and so most of your elite players have now exited the game and are playing other games, myself included. To get me back into PL I would have to actually have something to achieve. And in the current environment of everything being cheap, I can buy whatever I want, and basically I'm bored. What used to keep it interesting was working towards some kind of goal or achievement. First it was working/saving towards a good crafted set. Then it was working/saving towards a dragon set. Then it became a goal of getting all dragon sets. Then I wanted a demonic set. And then.... nothing because there is nothing that's even a challenge anymore.

I'd like it if there was one thing that was super rare and actually did cost 30m. Because then I could set obtaining that item as a goal and work hard for it. But if STS did make such an item, the "I must have every item" folks would complain that it's too rare and expensive, and would cry until STS made it common and cheap. So that is where we are today. I guess I'll keep playing AL for now and will only stop by in PL once in a while to have a look around. Maybe I'll get lucky and someday STS will add something that is actually a challenge.
    Yes, i saw them. Pretty pricey stuff.

Yes, fair enough. Once the challenge is gone from the game it becomes stale. But 30m items seems excessive since only a small portion of players could ever amass that kind of wealth to be able to throw away. I think the new Elite challenges (capping within 4 days, special dungeons) seem to address giving new challenges to the Elite players. Also, the achievements came into play as well.

Every game becomes stale at some point once you've conquered it. Hard to get around that. Just because you have too much money and can afford things, doesn't mean the system is broken. You should be happy that you can buy what you want, isn't that what you worked hard for? If you want the challenge of saving up more money, just do a charity event and give away ALL of your gold and start over. You will see it's not so easy to amass 200M again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wammm he is right you dont need for True Legend. The foresaw this issue before you complained about it. Its already resolved. Not all achieves are required for true legend only the ones with point values. You can't kill forgotten treasure boss anymore, or if you didn't get smoke you cant get black dragon pet for black dragon set. And most of the black sets are gone now. They make it still obtainable. The only issue I have with it is the vanity packs. I paid alot towards them and havent gotten a single rare pet. That's what makes it not worth it to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

... if black drags still exist.
    They do lol. I have one for sale if anyone has good offer. I'll never craft it. Most likely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the new Elite challenges (capping within 4 days, special dungeons) seem to address giving new challenges to the Elite players. Also, the achievements came into play as well.
    Yes, the subject of this thread is a good start. I'd like to see them add some more achievements for things that are a challenge. True Legend of course is, but truthfully the most difficult parts of the True Legend achievement are just spending a ton of plat on the vanity items including the rare pets. I'd like to see some very difficult achievements be added such as the one suggested above about crafting all the dragon sets. How about an achievement for 100k kills? That's something that not many players have. How about they increase gold cap to 100m and then give a title higher than "zillionaire" for those who can achieve it.

I know everyone's gonna cry and say that it's impossible for them to get that much, but for some of us it will keep us interested. I just don't understand the thought process of some of the players here who complain about anything that is difficult. I guess it's just a bunch of kids. I feel bad for them when they grow up and find out that they will never own a Ferrari or won't ever fly to the moon. How will they live with themselves?

You know, you can still enjoy the game if you don't achieve everything offered and don't own every rare item. If something is too difficult or time consuming for you, then just don't pursue it. Don't instead complain that it shouldn't exist. It's this idea that "if I can't have it then nobody should" that has really turned me off from PL. And the developers seem to listen to these complaints and adjust the game accordingly.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-20-2012 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Super Elite achievements would be a great start.

Getting the last level for a Cap WITHOUT Elixirs should be an achievement. Mad props to non elixir users who can get 100k XP!!
    100k kills would be cool too. Too bad the kills stop counting after you cap. You should be able to farm the last campaign (Blacksmoke) for kills at least, to prevent you from busting Magic Castle for kills.