Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Overachiever's helm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    and to add:

"It's not special enough because there is another item that now looks similar to it, but is not exactly the same, and i got what was advertised"
    "and I payed money so treat me special!!!"

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Dem does have a valid point. More than likely, though, it was a mistake by STS, that I'm sure they can fix.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalCyr View Post
    Dem does have a valid point. More than likely, though, it was a mistake by STS, that I'm sure they can fix.
    It's pretty invalid if you ask me.

Hes complaining that the special item that he has that already looks good on one character doesnt look good on another and looks too similar to something everyone else got for free on that character.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

If you don't have the item in question, then it's hilarious how you have such a strong opinion about it.
    AL name: CriticalCyr and CrucialCyr
    Guess: 221

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #25
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Uh oh... Thanks for the report! No, generally we do not allow players to stash these types of items. So, you are correct - you should not be able to wear this helm on you other characters. It's not the end of the world, since it least it looks just like the promo code helm if you do.

We can't really change it to be un-stashable, because it could get stuck on your other characters, leaving you with only a baby blue helm. Given that, it is unlikely that anything will change with this helm, since functionally, you have the helm as advertised. Fixing the bug would cause more harm than good, since the bug (which is that the helm can be stashed) doesn't cause any visible harm. However, fixing the bug (which would mean locking it to whatever character had it were a "fix" to go in) would leave you with only a baby blue promo helm. Making the Overachiever Helm show up dark red on all your character is not an option, because 1. those items don't exist for the other classes, and 2. it makes the bug worse, by allowing it to have a visible impact in-game. My suggestion - stash it and wear it on your Rhino or Fox, and be merry that you get to wear this helm on all of your RHino's and Foxes, forever more due to this incredulous bug that I don't think we should fix. *dodges thrown shoe*

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #26
    Developer - Inactive Techno Email's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I like that it only shows off for your rhino/fox, after all that's who achieved it. I doubt they wanted to make it so it could be worn on all the toons who could not have got it. That's just me tho
    This is correct. It should not be stashable. If I fix this now, folks who have already stashed it could lose their helm altogether. That doesn't sound like a good option.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

So they dont get a red helm?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    *dodges thrown shoe*
    Woah, too much dodge. *nerf*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Montanabro View Post
    Congrats. Next time you make a thread I'm going to post in it why you're doing things wrong.
    How did I offend you, this isn't even your thread...

Oh wait, you're from Montana, that explains it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    wait, there are stats with the helm? I thought Vanity items with stats was a no-go with STS anymore?
    My egg has stats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Uh oh... Thanks for the report! No, generally we do not allow players to stash these types of items. So, you are correct - you should not be able to wear this helm on you other characters. It's not the end of the world, since it least it looks just like the promo code helm if you do.

We can't really change it to be un-stashable, because it could get stuck on your other characters, leaving you with only a baby blue helm. Given that, it is unlikely that anything will change with this helm, since functionally, you have the helm as advertised. Fixing the bug would cause more harm than good, since the bug (which is that the helm can be stashed) doesn't cause any visible harm. However, fixing the bug (which would mean locking it to whatever character had it were a "fix" to go in) would leave you with only a baby blue promo helm. Making the Overachiever Helm show up dark red on all your character is not an option, because 1. those items don't exist for the other classes, and 2. it makes the bug worse, by allowing it to have a visible impact in-game. My suggestion - stash it and wear it on your Rhino or Fox, and be merry that you get to wear this helm on all of your RHino's and Foxes, forever more due to this incredulous bug that I don't think we should fix. *dodges thrown shoe*
    I get you so just like the egg cant be stashed and worn on any other of my level 76's neither was the helm suppose to be. What about this compromise. Is it possible to make all the promo helms green or something so that even though the elite cap helm isn't red it's still shows its not promo on my main? Cause like I said I honestly dont plan to play on my rhino and wont cap a vixen for quite some time now that im out of plat from capping rhino.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ogbuehi View Post
    My egg has stats
    Your egg is not vanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalCyr View Post
    If you don't have the item in question, then it's hilarious how you have such a strong opinion about it.
    Whether or not I have the item in question is irrelevant as this situation has come up literally dozens of times before, and I've been around for every one of them.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Demthres View Post
    It isn't though. I already have a few 76 toons. I wouldn't have done if not for the Helm. My guild tries to hold a standard of having some of the most elite members in all of alterra. So when STS issues a challenge like this we have to take it. Only reason I was the one in guild who decided to jump on the grenade was because I felt it would be worth it to have a very rare helm on my main that only a few others in game have. I collect items like that. Founders, Black Dragon sets, all discontinues, Dragon Egg shield, etc. And to make it turn blue is silly. I capped it and should be able to wear it on any toon without it looking like free promo helm.

LAWL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demthres View Post
    Is it possible to make all the promo helms green or something so that even though the elite cap helm isn't red it's still shows its not promo on my main? Cause like I said I honestly dont plan to play on my rhino...
    This made me laugh...

If the devs wouldn't have made the mistake of allowing this to be stashable, you wouldn't be able to wear it on your main anyway....get over it already....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

To all complainers, you got more than original intended. As most similar items (cap vanity items, elite vanity armor, egg), it would only need common sense to suspect that the current lvl cap item for a new challenge, would only be for that 1 char.

To me, it's seems logical that they supposed to be special on, and bound to, the class you got them with. But you even got more due to a mistake STS made. You can use the red helm on any other rhino or fox class that didn't really earned the achievement, organization you got an extra blue helm to show off on your other characters.

The way I see it, you already got more than what common sense and the original advertisement promised you'd get

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    "and I payed money so treat me special!!!"
    Pumpkin stop the crap!!
    U spent plenty of money on STS!! And U have cried even worse about your pumpkin head!! U even threatened to quit over and over.

Pumpkin I love u dearly and miss u but i am disappointed in your comments Please don't sit here and troll someone who is upset with a very valid reason. When u have done the same!!!!

This deal with the helm also upsets me and I made posts about it in the other thread.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

This is correct. It should not be stashable. If I fix this now, folks who have already stashed it could lose their helm altogether. That doesn't sound like a good option.
    Techno

What is the harm with being about to stash elite vanities. They have no stats! I would love to hear STS thought rationale in this. The only thing I can think of is that it is a money driven decision.

Some of sets STS has designed are soooo ugly I would like to cover them up with my elite armor!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxler View Post
    How did I offend you, this isn't even your thread...

Oh wait, you're from Montana, that explains it.
    You were being rude--you told the OP in a thread he made seeking help that he wasted his money. No need for that here. Be respectful of others and take it to PM or another thread if you feel compelled to tell people how they should play.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Montanabro For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Inb4l.