Thread: New weapons pointless?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    16, but even if the skill damage evens out with level 20 (which is what my gun is), the main advantages are range and the ability to fire at a target not in front of you while running. I just checked on the CS and even a level 20 flamestrike has lower "damage". I'm still not clear on what you want for skill damage though, damage or bonus damage. I'm not saying they couldn't use a little tweak, or that they're the best weapons out there, but I'm running elite pretty effectively while I toy around with mine.
    I will have to agree. You really have to be careful just looking at the dps of a weapon to evaluate it effectiveness. The gun (particularly the brutality version) actually has really good skill damage and is very good if you are an aoe nuke mage. I am just happy that noboody likes them bacause they look unimpressive on the stat page. Made it so they were cheap in the auction house and I didn't have to waste plat to gamble to get one

2. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

you're right but other then skill damage being up the rest pretty much sucks, it's not what i expected from new level cap gear and weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I will have to agree. You really have to be careful just looking at the dps of a weapon to evaluate it effectiveness. The gun (particularly the brutality version) actually has really good skill damage and is very good if you are an aoe nuke mage. I am just happy that noboody likes them bacause they look unimpressive on the stat page. Made it so they were cheap in the auction house and I didn't have to waste plat to gamble to get one
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

4. The Following User Says Thank You to azefekie For This Useful Post: