Thread: Nexus pet bonus severely reduced =(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Exclamation Nexus pet bonus severely reduced =(

With the new map expansion, what I noticed is I die in one shot a lot even with best gear available.
    Then I noticed my Flap Jack only having 4 h/s and 4 m/s instead of 8 h/s and 8 m/s.
    Nexus having Incoming Damage reduced by 1% ONLY instead of 5%. That's a 400% reduction! Like normal mobs do 300 damage, there's no difference in having it put there. As a mage, I got most of my incoming damage from mobs, so Incoming Damage bonus really spells everything.

The patch has fixed Flap Jack regen issue. Probably because a lot of Flap Jack owners than Nexus owners.
    Please fix my Nexus asap.

Nexus before Dead City:
    Name:  nexus-1.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  106.4 KB

Nexus now:
    Name:  nexus-2.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  106.9 KB

While I'm at it, Nexus mana regen is way too little, and doesn't keep up with mage mana bar. Currently I have over 2000 mana, pure int might have up to 3000. And Nexus only heal about 130 mana every 12 sec! (level 17)
    Each level up gives me *120 mana, while Nexus level up gives like 5 extra mana. It's a huge gap.
    Please make the mana gain on par with mage heal skill.
    I'm finding Nexus less useful at higher level.

And if you do nerf Nexus, I'm furious, please announce the change if you do something so random like this. I spend hours leveling my pet and it really sucks to start finding a new pet to help me in battle, not to mention plats wasted.
    Last edited by Silverpegasus; 12-22-2012 at 06:55 PM. Reason: *not too sure how much mana I got for each level up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    any items or pet passives/bonuses that "reduce damage by x%" effectively work as an addition to the algorithm. If given the amount of armor you have you have say, 37% damage reduction (behind the scenes mind you) that extra 2% damage reduction applies directly to that number, giving you a 39% damage reduction. It's a huge stat, because it's circumventing the normal armor associated algorithms that determine armor value based on things like level, level differences and the like and sticks it straight on. Damage reduction is a very powerful stat. The power of it this stat is why the damage reduction stats were reduced across the board for pets because they were incredibly overpowered with the revamp.
    That's why.

-----
    Dear STS,
    Make a squid buddy pet for AL.
    Sincerely, everyone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

oh, bummer... now my bunny gonna die a lot.