Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 Solution to bring OLD PVP BACK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Things are just right. I made all 3 characters for low level to see if things were bird dominated and it wasnt. It its not true, mages dominant level 20 and below. I find myself winning alot more then as a bird or bear. My bear wins alot more then my bird. And my bird wins less more then my mage and bear, but still wins. I think things are balanced just as they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich:909097
    Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    Mate, the last time I pvped in low level properly forgotten bows didn't exist. Now I just jump into it every now and then. I'll use whichever weapon my opponent is using, therefore skill is the only thing separating us. When I get teamed I don't care, I PvP to have fun not to keep a spotless record like morons like you do. If you complain about getting teamed you're probably a bad player. In fact, if you complain about any aspect of PvP then you're probably a bad player, otherwise you would find a way to overcome the problem, if that means buying a forgotten bow then buy one and stop whining. I'm sorry but talon bears were op for a long while. If forgotten birds are owning you now it's obviously because you aren't a good player, you just got used to doing the same thing over and over to beat opponents.
    Lmfao, talon bears were OP... No. You show your ignorance when you say talon bears were OP and so its ok that forg birds are now. Forg birds are ridiculously OP, talon bears were just a good 1v1 class. IMO, mages>bears before the forg update. Mages had huge potential but no one bothered with them because they didnt get kills as fast. Birds were similar, and some decent birds showed up. Sure, bears were OP if you ran in close while they were buffed, but that's your own fault.

A team of 3 birds or 2 birds and a mage can beat any other team. 18 birds just arent beatable. My solution, lower the damage on the forg bow to make them even. Yours it to make everyone become a forg bird. I dont think I need to tell you which solution i prefer, and some individuality is still badly needed in low level.
    So everyone was a talon bear because they looked good? Mate, get a grip. The reason low level PvP was dominated by dex bears is because they were the dominant class. Yeah, SOME mages and birds were decent, but absolutely anyone could be a dex bear and rack up kills, mages and birds took real skill, hence bears were OP.
    And also, yes, it's perfectly fine that forgotten birds are OP now, bears have dominated low level PvP for long enough.
    Last edited by Matutd; 01-10-2013 at 01:18 PM.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

So everyone was a talon bear because they looked good? Mate, get a grip. The reason low level PvP was dominated by dex bears is because they were the dominant class. Yeah, SOME mages and birds were decent, but absolutely anyone could be a dex bear and rack up kills, mages and birds took real skill, hence bears were OP.
    And also, yes, it's perfectly fine that forgotten birds are OP now, bears have dominated low level PvP for long enough.
    I agree with your first statement. I don't agree that forgotten birds dominating is fine. Good post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yich View Post
    Lmfao, talon bears were OP... No. You show your ignorance when you say talon bears were OP and so its ok that forg birds are now. Forg birds are ridiculously OP, talon bears were just a good 1v1 class. IMO, mages>bears before the forg update. Mages had huge potential but no one bothered with them because they didnt get kills as fast. Birds were similar, and some decent birds showed up. Sure, bears were OP if you ran in close while they were buffed, but that's your own fault.

A team of 3 birds or 2 birds and a mage can beat any other team. 18 birds just arent beatable. My solution, lower the damage on the forg bow to make them even. Yours it to make everyone become a forg bird. I dont think I need to tell you which solution i prefer, and some individuality is still badly needed in low level.
    Jake, Marc, and me? Or Jake, me, and your 17 Mage. We would dominate lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBedtBird View Post
    Things are just right. I made all 3 characters for low level to see if things were bird dominated and it wasnt. It its not true, mages dominant level 20 and below. I find myself winning alot more then as a bird or bear. My bear wins alot more then my bird. And my bird wins less more then my mage and bear, but still wins. I think things are balanced just as they are.
    You say you're best bird? Yet you fail to realize how op birds are? LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah:924253
    I agree with your first statement. I don't agree that forgotten birds dominating is fine. Good post.
    I'd prefer a balance, yeah, but it's the dex bears that are upset about not being OP and finally have a challenge and then whine about it is what annoys me. Like yich said, mages and birds were good when bears were OP, so a minority of skilled players wi'll also beat OP birds.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default 1 Solution to bring OLD PVP BACK!

You children need to quit your complaining. STS is coming out with a whole new pvp system for AL and shifting it to PL soon after.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by readtitle View Post
    You children need to quit your complaining. STS is coming out with a whole new pvp system for AL and shifting it to PL soon after.
    You must be new.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Why take away forg bows? So mages can rule 35 and bears 29 and below? All classes have a chance against each other now. The other bows are underpowered. I'd delete my twinks if I had to go to using a warbird or intel bird. Anyways the forg bows are here to stay('

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    You must be new.
    Oh no, no. Joshypoo is old. Lols.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBedtBird View Post
    Why take away forg bows? So mages can rule 35 and bears 29 and below? All classes have a chance against each other now. The other bows are underpowered. I'd delete my twinks if I had to go to using a warbird or intel bird. Anyways the forg bows are here to stay('
    You make a good point, but there are other ways to balance stuff instead of just an extremely powerful bow. The problem is that now skill doesn't play as big of a factor in determining who wins. Whereas, before I really think it did. Even thought we were forced to embrace a "if you can't beat em, join em" kinda mentality, skill was still the determining factor. I, for one, miss that big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default 1 Solution to bring OLD PVP BACK!

Just Sayin JustG said it himself about how the new pvp system soon to be in AL will be migrated to PL. Expect changes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by readtitle View Post
    Just Sayin JustG said it himself about how the new pvp system soon to be in AL will be migrated to PL. Expect changes.
    I know haha. Manly I was just kidding. Everytime a dev announces something new, there are problems. (Gcd, forgotten, Halloween, skill points at 9)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The biggest issue is if you get rid of these items or nerf them people who spent ALOT of gold and sometimes all of it to get these items will be screwed over with no money and no weapon
    Forget California girls, Joysey girls are where it's at!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ersana View Post
    The biggest issue is if you get rid of these items or nerf them people who spent ALOT of gold and sometimes all of it to get these items will be screwed over with no money and no weapon
    Tough cheese, bro. If a game is messed up, sts will lose money in the long run. They've screwed over plenty of oldies due to money. If there's a problem (and there is) it should be solved regardless of raging customers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

In the title it said 1 solution, and there's 2. Anyone catch this?