Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pigs in last elite map suppose to 1 hit k.o?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Lightbulb Pigs in last elite map suppose to 1 hit k.o?

I'm a rogue with around 1.3k hp and 450-500 armor and everytime i try to go up against one of those red bull dog looking thing i get 1 hit k.o. I could say out of 100 new deaths, more than 50 are from pigs. I think whatever skill they are dishing out is really OP. Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

They are overpowered specially in the first Floor (where there's like 6 of them) of Elite Towers. They can kill me in 1-2 shots, I've died several times there. And I'm a warrior with max 953 armor and around 3100 health. Best technique I have developed with the group I run with is to hit and run!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ohh man they really are overpowered. Most of my kills are from them, then i saw my deaths and stopped doing them. Even with a party i end up being the last one, which ofcourse end up dying. Imagine the Boss with the two mages lol.
    AL| Eldestking & Eldestmage
    Check out my All New Profile *Wink*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I've seen them kill a warrior with 3k+ hp in one hit. we were actually going to be asking about this, good thread. i also have 1.8k hp and 463 armor and i die in one hit. bosses can't even get close to doing that to me.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    I've seen them kill a warrior with 3k+ hp in one hit. we were actually going to be asking about this, good thread. i also have 1.8k hp and 463 armor and i die in one hit. bosses can't even get close to doing that to me.
    Aze I beat you to the punch tho lol. Yeah they need to take a look into these mean little piggys or just use our strategy of hit and run!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Basically their skills hurts those skills that slow u down also does alot of dmg and when all the piggies use on u , u dies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duflie View Post
    I'm a rogue with around 1.3k hp and 450-500 armor and everytime i try to go up against one of those red bull dog looking thing i get 1 hit k.o. I could say out of 100 new deaths, more than 50 are from pigs. I think whatever skill they are dishing out is really OP. Thoughts?
    Yeah, they really hurt. Run around the circle and throw Aimed Shots at them if you have to kill.

I'm a rogue with 1.2k HP and 710 armor and they bring me to near death. D:
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

that because they hit you at one, if fight 1 vs 1 they not a big problem, even skeleton or witch in watcher tomb 4 can kill warrior in instant when too crowded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No pigs that i know of do any One-Hit-KO stuff. Mostly, if you're a warrior, you'll lose 6-9% of your health in one hit from the pigs. But the real worry for the last map are those big demons with the arcane demonlord's helm. They can do long range, can leap right in front of you, and deal massive damage. As for the boss, he's not that challenging if your party has a warrior that's willing to spam pots. Just remember to stay out of his 'red zone' attack, which is meteor shower. Just skoot away when the red zone light flashes on and hope the meteor doesn't home in on you. Yea, it homes in on people. Scary, right? The two mages at the boss room do low dps, but have a knockback effect that gets seriously annoying. There.
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Let's nerf anything that we find challenging.

Maybe this was the reason they are there, so a War needs to Tank, instead of a Rogue being able to solo the lvl. (War being made redundant after this update, except for small parts like this. Though its still possible to Kite them on Rogue if done correctly, 722 armour)

It's possible to stay alive with 900+ armour, War.

Why not concentrate, on the reason Old Scaled gear 20/21 is OP. And Demonlord Gear has no significant stats to be worth what they look like.

StS rushed the Elite side, farming Jarl in 30s to get the best gear in game is ridiculous. So much gear with same Stats diff colours, Or same Name diff Stats, rushed is all that comes to mind. (Shame because it makes the new maps redundant already, and I personally am loving the new maps look, just not the effort for under-stat'd gear)
    Last edited by BodMaster; 12-24-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

the fact that once ur mobbed you don't see the poison on the ground doesnt help either. Its my strong feeling a warrior should tank, which at this point isn't really possible on elite in it current state.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Actually, I can´t understand why you guys are so upset with those pigs(okay rogue and sorcerer are different, but a tank?). I have nearly 3.1K HP with my pet, and some gear with 875 Def. I can do the whole tower on elite with a rogue. Got my juggernaut 4/5, horn 5/5, etc., i only hit one of them, then run away, to lure only a few of those pigs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

im a mage i just charge up my firball and stuned and when they get up i charge my gale and knock them down and repeat the process

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

a good player will always figure a strategy based on the tools he or she has .

It does seem the drop rate of chests is higher on the more challenging encounters at least. I get a chest probably 3/5 kills in tower farming vs. 1/10 on Jarl---so not worth doing Jarl. The only reason people farm Jarl is risk vs. reward, remove the reward no more farming Jarl.
    <Khylara 41 Rogue> The Collective

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I whirlwind in charge hor shield pray mage placed time clock on them and spam potions. Rogues do the rest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidah View Post
    They are overpowered specially in the first Floor (where there's like 6 of them) of Elite Towers. They can kill me in 1-2 shots, I've died several times there. And I'm a warrior with max 953 armor and around 3100 health. Best technique I have developed with the group I run with is to hit and run!
    Hummmm I already said hit and run and yet almost everyone keeps posting the samething lol. Anywho's for the tough guys here, if you go in and try to Tank all of them at once good luck! Even with a good team there's a high chance you getting KO'ed, because they hit really hard in packs! So yeah it's challenging!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm not there yet but maybe a Los kite technique could work. Hit them from range then if there is a wall or something you can hide behind to draw them to you. It's another classic tanking move.
    Toons:
    Bigtokes: 25 commando
    Bigsmoke: 16 operative
    Bigheals: 17 engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Prose View Post
    I'm not there yet but maybe a Los kite technique could work. Hit them from range then if there is a wall or something you can hide behind to draw them to you. It's another classic tanking move.
    No walls. Just open space, and pigs, pigs, pigs.

On my very first Elite Towers run, I'll admit I thought I was badass and charged the pigs. Rogue with 1.5k hp (lol), 702 armor and 45.8% dodge with razor shield running. Also using the purple fart cloud for more dodge. I joined the KO club pretty quickly. Those SOBs hurt. The sheer number of them is enough to overcome the average defense.

Hit and run like Spidah said is definitely best. Or just major pot spam for those who don't want to run.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Yakiniku For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khylan View Post
    a good player will always figure a strategy based on the tools he or she has .

It does seem the drop rate of chests is higher on the more challenging encounters at least. I get a chest probably 3/5 kills in tower farming vs. 1/10 on Jarl---so not worth doing Jarl. The only reason people farm Jarl is risk vs. reward, remove the reward no more farming Jarl.
    i

I've done 100+ runs about 59 at each pace and all I've got was 1 worthless pink...
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    No walls. Just open space, and pigs, pigs, pigs.

On my very first Elite Towers run, I'll admit I thought I was badass and charged the pigs. Rogue with 1.5k hp (lol), 702 armor and 45.8% dodge with razor shield running. Also using the purple fart cloud for more dodge. I joined the KO club pretty quickly. Those SOBs hurt. The sheer number of them is enough to overcome the average defense.

Hit and run like Spidah said is definitely best. Or just major pot spam for those who don't want to run.
    Pot spam will work like 50% of the time trust me. I'm a Warrior with 3K+ Hp and can get 950+ Armor and still they can 1-2 hit KO you if you decide to stand still and pot spam. Hit and run for now is the best way to avoid any deaths, just make sure you let your party know hehe!!