Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: High Level Gear NOT Useful!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    yes i tworks 100% for in the center of a mob. thank you for trolling all my threads and harassing me i will send an email sam and delphina
    I've never had a problem freezing all the enemies around me after i charged an ice, not once. I understand what you're saying, i think it says 25% chance to freeze nearby enemies. Not sure what's that about cause it works 100% for me. Also sounds like you're wasting a lot of skill points on stuff you may not really need and could be making your main skills stronger with those. i understand it's your build so by all means make it the way you want.
    So tell me how a sorcerer can fail to freeze 15 mobs at once after believing your OWN posts as above.

I'm not even the only one questioning the statement. Patrick here is taking the thread in the right direction. And so am I. The difference is someone here has a vendetta and refuses to take back any errant statements he made.

... like that #3 from just now? Post that you were wrong to imply I only had a rogue? Where is it?

Totally ignored. I'm not surprised.
    Last edited by primaeva; 12-25-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

you're right I'm sure there are limitations. I'm just not to sure what they are yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    I dont disbelieve you. I was asking that maybe the leftover of after 4 enemies could be the result of the 20% chance upgrade.

There are definitely limitations to the stationary center of mob release of charged ice. I thought it was a simple 4 enemy limit. But i guess im wrong as far as that goes. There IS limitations tho. Cant just stun like a 15 mobs at once with this method thats for sure.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

you're right I'm sure there are limitations. I'm just not to sure what they are yet.
    Wow. That's all I asked for. And he gets it so easily. I'm out of here, my job is done.
    Looking for dedicated leaderboard players with a sense of perfectionism and patience. PM me on the forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I also said it could depend on the mob size, listen dude you get really annoying. you take what i say and distort it. i've had several people pm me IG and show them i was right. you make your post, cool. I'm done with these " i can't be wrong" posts. then prove you wrong to others. lets take this down a notch, and admit we can both be right. I don't need you to keep following me to all the threads i post on anymore just to have you say I'm wrong and you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    So tell me how, with your very own words, you can fail to freeze 15 mobs at once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I also said it could depend on the mob size, listen dude you get really annoying. you take what i say and distort it. i've had several people pm me IG and show them i was right. you make your post, cool. I'm done with these " i can't be wrong" posts. then prove you wrong to others. lets take this down a notch, and admit we can both be right. I don't need you to keep following me to all the threads i post on anymore just to have you say I'm wrong and you're right.
    I'm not 'following you around'. That would be you and the incessant 'WoW blah blah etc'. I only show up to challenge and argue when I feel a statement of fact in a post is wrong and will misinform other readers. Complete with tests, etc.

And you said it could depend on mob size like six posts ago after the entire flame war. Before that, I quote, it was "100%", "all", "never had a problem". Am I distorting anything or just quoting verbatim?

So you see where I came from. Wrong statement needs fixing. Now fixed. It's nothing personal, at least not for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

yes but we were talking about elite village mob, you pushed this in another direction.

We solved it, took a while to clear everything up. if anything these threads are good a lot of testing done by many of us for the players that need information.

Quote Originally Posted by primaeva View Post
    I'm not 'following you around'. That would be you and the incessant 'WoW blah blah etc'. I only show up to challenge and argue when I feel a statement of fact in a post is wrong and will misinform other readers. Complete with tests, etc.

And you said it could depend on mob size like six posts ago after the entire flame war. Before that, I quote, it was "100%", "all", "never had a problem". Am I distorting anything or just quoting verbatim?

So you see where I came from. Wrong statement needs fixing. Now fixed. It's nothing personal, at least not for me.
    Last edited by azefekie; 12-25-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Ok, so before I spend 5 plat to respec and trade Gale Force for Frost Bolt, I want to make sure of the following:

1) When I use charged Frost Bolt, it will indeed SLOW all of the enemies in the area around the target? (I ask this again, because I've read the description on the skill page and I find absolutely no mention of this at all anywhere)

2) Which upgrades do you suggest for Frost Bolt? I have 5 skill points to work with at the moment, so I can max out Frost Bolt, or I can save one or more of the points and put them in passives. From looking at the descriptions, here's what I think:

Ice Wielder - Seems like a "maybe". I guess if I'm already using the skill charged most of the time, then probably a good choice, but 20% chance is not so high so I'm not sure.

Jagged Ice - this one seems like a "must".

Shiver - this one also seems like a "must". 3 seconds is a long time when you are talking about a target being frozen -- at least enough time to get off a couple more attacks.

Arctic Shatter - this one seems like a "no". If you figure that only once in a while will the target die from the initial impact of Frost Bolt, and then only 20% of those times will this ice patch appear, and even then if you are moving fast the mobs will be dead before they get to walk over this ice patch. And of course it would be useless on a boss because the boss would be the target so he would not die from the initial impact of the Frost Bolt. So seems like a waste of a point.

Please give your comments and suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:907442
    Ok, so before I spend 5 plat to respec and trade Gale Force for Frost Bolt, I want to make sure of the following:

1) When I use charged Frost Bolt, it will indeed SLOW all of the enemies in the area around the target? (I ask this again, because I've read the description on the skill page and I find absolutely no mention of this at all anywhere)

2) Which upgrades do you suggest for Frost Bolt? I have 5 skill points to work with at the moment, so I can max out Frost Bolt, or I can save one or more of the points and put them in passives. From looking at the descriptions, here's what I think:

Ice Wielder - Seems like a "maybe". I guess if I'm already using the skill charged most of the time, then probably a good choice, but 20% chance is not so high so I'm not sure.

Shiver - this one also seems like a "must". 3 seconds is a long time when you are talking about a target being frozen -- at least enough time to get off a couple more attacks.

Arctic Shatter - this one seems like a "no". If you figure that only once in a while will the target die from the initial impact of Frost Bolt, and then only 20% of those times will this ice patch appear, and even then if you are moving fast the mobs will be dead before they get to walk over this ice patch. And of course it would be useless on a boss because the boss would be the target so he would not die from the initial impact of the Frost Bolt. So seems like a waste of a point.

After all that has been said in this thread, if you still have reservations about ice and dont wana spend 5 plat, you should just start an alt account, level mage to 5, and test the skill out yourself. Its very fast to get to level 5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

After all that has been said in this thread, if you still have reservations about ice and dont wana spend 5 plat, you should just start an alt account, level mage to 5, and test the skill out yourself. Its very fast to get to level 5.
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the switch, just was wondering which upgrades are suggested.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:907489
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to make the switch, just was wondering which upgrades are suggested.
    I put in all except the ice patch. While u r at it, please reconsider the fact the u have 5 points in HEAL! Such a waste!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

ice wielder is actually the only one i upgraded on this skill. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Ok, so I did the respec. I definitely can cause way more damage now. What's interesting is that I don't think Frost Bolt is any more useful than Gale Force, it's just that the cool down is 3 seconds vs. 5.5 seconds, so I can use it twice as often. You're also right about it being nice that you don't have to aim it. Because of that and because of the quick cooldown, I find myself using Frost Bolt way more often than I used to use Gale Force. As I result I'm also running my mana down way faster, and am actually using mana potions quite a bit now, where as before I was mostly using only health potions which mana potions only on occasion.

13.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Edit:
    Please follow the forum rules when replying to threads:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules
    Last edited by Delphina; 12-26-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com