Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Hes saying, the tanks are scared/hesitating to go into battle, so obviously the rogue or mage would have to take aggro.
    The tank hesitates, so the obvious thing is for the rogues and sorcerers to run ahead, pull the boss, and get killed? I'm just not getting that logic. If your tank hesitates, perhaps the rest of the team should simply hold back for a second and wait for the tank to take the lead. You don't know that he's scared. That's just an assumption.

As for the reasons, if the warrior is not ready or busy, then why go into a serious farming place? And another reason could be that the tank doesnt want to waste pots
    This is a mobile MMO, many people play on a phone. Things happen.

Communication? Elite map? I dont think its possible, mobs will OHKO you hehe.
    I don't mean during combat, of course. I mean if the team is gathered before the boss and looks ready to go but your tank isn't charging in. I'm simply saying that a little communication might yield better results than simply rushing the boss.

Im not burning your post but look at the situation from a different perspective.
    Same here, not a burn, just offering a different perspective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    The tank hesitates, so the obvious thing is for the rogues and sorcerers to run ahead, pull the boss, and get killed? I'm just not getting that logic. If your tank hesitates, perhaps the rest of the team should simply hold back for a second and wait for the tank to take the lead. You don't know that he's scared. That's just an assumption.
    Here's the thing. We run ahead of the warrior because while said warrior is hesitating at the end of the bridge, the mob train is biting at our butts and we could die. So better to just run ahead and engage so the mob train resets and goes away.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    Here's the thing. We run ahead of the warrior because while said warrior is hesitating at the end of the bridge, the mob train is biting at our butts and we could die. So better to just run ahead and engage so the mob train resets and goes away.
    Exactly what he said
    If u happen to come across a lvl 7 tank w ss and hj please pm me ign and guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Ah, I see. You're all specifically talking about rushing to jarl, not about the game in general. That definitely changes the context of this entire thread! Just went back and read the first post again and now realize I fail at reading comprehension, lol. I hadn't had my coffee yet, so I blame it on that! Haha.

Yeah, if you're all rushing to jarl and the tank just stops and lets the team run ahead, then I can see the problem.

Of course, that mob train shouldn't be biting anyone's butt but the tank's, assuming the tank is grabbing aggro along the way and the rest of the team lets him go first and they aren't doing anything to peel the trash off the tank.
    Last edited by Wizard_Mike; 12-25-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

It's the holiday, at least for some of us. So you're excused for the brain fart.

Yesterday I had a warrior say "go" at the beginning of the Jarl rush. Then he said it again. Being the only other melee in the group (was playing my rogue atm), I assumed he was taking to me. So I lol'ed and led the train. Then he left the instance mid train. Haha.

People might call bs on my story, but that really happened lol.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku:907424
    It's the holiday, at least for some of us. So you're excused for the brain fart.

Yesterday I had a warrior say "go" at the beginning of the Jarl rush. Then he said it again. Being the only other melee in the group (was playing my rogue atm), I assumed he was taking to me. So I lol'ed and led the train. Then he left the instance mid train. Haha.

People might call bs on my story, but that really happened lol.
    No I believe it. I do get tired of waiting for warrior to lead the way in maps so I will go ahead and run ahead with rogue or mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

People still use warrior?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patricks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marrypoppins View Post
    Lil poppins christmas rant post for kicks lol I'm so sick of noob scared warriors on weak elite jarl runs. May I ask why you insist on hesitating before only mob that has to be killed? Lol don't worry we shall keep you alive cowardly warrior. What these noob warriors need to understand is that when u hesitate before this mob "we" roges/sorcorer die almost every time. I have 205 deaths and I'm proud to say that 85%+ are due to this stupidity... I mean just tank for this one little mob and then most of us can tank boss np now a days.
    Oh... Merry Christmas all!!!!!!!!

I agree. 100% tired of sitting there while warriors tell me to "go" in elite towers and I'm a rogue like Wth?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Actually you can avoid the bridge mobs biting your butts by hiding up against the little niche by the rocks right at the end of the bridge in the Jarls area, right before you can even encounter that mob next to the Jarl.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Tanks take the hits and the rest kill fast and heal him, that simple. Problem is so many warriors care a bit to much about kdr I believe. I understand I often farm with a warrior. Difference is I know what my assignment is and yes I do sometimes die
    If u happen to come across a lvl 7 tank w ss and hj please pm me ign and guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marrypoppins View Post
    Tanks take the hits and the rest kill fast and heal him, that simple. Problem is so many warriors care a bit to much about kdr I believe. I understand I often farm with a warrior. Difference is I know what my assignment is and yes I do sometimes die
    With that said then the question is how much gold are they willing to spend on pots? Some still can't afford to have hundreds to drop on Elite maps. Hate to sound like a broken record but if this is annoying you too much don't join PUGS plain and simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spidah View Post
    Actually you can avoid the bridge mobs biting your butts by hiding up against the little niche by the rocks right at the end of the bridge in the Jarls area, right before you can even encounter that mob next to the Jarl.
    True. But you need to scoot up just post the little point in the rocks for the mobs to reset. Almost nobody knows that, so they hang too low, then hit the mobs because they don't know what to do, and aggro becomes fixed on the group.

But whatever let's not let this degenerate into a complete warrior hate fest. For every two bad ones I meet, I run into an excellent one. So don't let this thread make it seem like us squishies don't appreciate what you do out there.
    Last edited by Yakiniku; 12-25-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Hehehe well hopefully at least the peeps who have posted in this one now know the little spot that can save them lol. I think the best solution is to run with a Tank or as matter of fact a party that you know is reliable and know what they are doing. I'm a Warrior and when I got into PUGs I make sure I'm prepared for the worse (buy extra pots, use gear that helps me stay alive longer, use a pet that's rightfully going to help out my stats for the task etc.) Because just as there are "noob" Warriors, there is also plenty of "noob" Sorcerers and Rogues out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    I may be reading into this thread the wrong way, but the gist I'm getting here is that some dps players are getting ahead of the warrior, pulling the boss themselves, and getting killed. How is that the warrior's fault, again?

If a warrior is not moving fast enough for you, it could be for a number of reasons. Might be his first time on that map. Perhaps he's not geared yet, so only pulling what he knows he can handle. Maybe he's making sure everyone else is caught up and full of health/mana before pulling the boss. Maybe he got a text message popup or a phone call he needed to dismiss. Maybe he had to deal with something IRL for a second. Who knows?

Next time, instead of rushing ahead of the warrior, use the most powerful tool available for multiplayer games: communication! Use the chat system and let him know you're ready, make sure he's ready, etc. But if you simply rush ahead of the warrior and get yourself killed, don't blame it on him. Patience is a virtue!
    Very well spoken

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    People still use warrior?
    Lol your posts make me laugh.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

At least, please play as a warrior for a while, then make your judgement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This is going to come from someone who has maxed warrior, mage, and rogue. I am not running with anything to great for gear just the level 20 plat gear including bow/sword/gun.

Before the update I would say my warrior could take on anything easily after the update I find myself now logging in as my mage more and more and actually tanking elite jarl runs with my mage and I actually survive better against elite jarl with my sorc vs my warrior (not that I die with my warrior but the battle just seems easier on pots for me)

As far as noob clases I think this should be titled Noobs in general.

I have seen way to many warriors who had to be noobs leave a full party for a Jarl run where it was themselves and either 2 sorcs and 1 rogue or 2 rogues and 1 sorc purely thinking it was a loosing fight and no way they would survive as there wasn't 2+ warriors. When this happens I rush with my rogue or mage and we end up taking down the run in 90 seconds or less and I laugh at the warrior who probably left that run to join a run with a bunch of warriors which probably ended up in 4+ minutes.

90% of warrior full or partially full runs I have seen on Jarl end up in 3 1/2 - 4 minute runs. I actually love when I see a jarl run that has absolutely no warriors or no more than 1. The problem is if the party is full of rogues and mages and there are no warriors everyone just parts. This is where I would call them noob sorcs and rogues as that was a easy 90 second of less run they gave up.

My warrior used to be my main character and he has now been mostly collecting dust as I can tank the normal and even Elite jarl now on my rogue and sorc and push out more damage per skill and the runs are quicker.
    AL - AGROCRAG - My guess is 12,345

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnonymous View Post
    This is going to come from someone who has maxed warrior, mage, and rogue. I am not running with anything to great for gear just the level 20 plat gear including bow/sword/gun.

Before the update I would say my warrior could take on anything easily after the update I find myself now logging in as my mage more and more and actually tanking elite jarl runs with my mage and I actually survive better against elite jarl with my sorc vs my warrior (not that I die with my warrior but the battle just seems easier on pots for me)

As far as noob clases I think this should be titled Noobs in general.

I have seen way to many warriors who had to be noobs leave a full party for a Jarl run where it was themselves and either 2 sorcs and 1 rogue or 2 rogues and 1 sorc purely thinking it was a loosing fight and no way they would survive as there wasn't 2+ warriors. When this happens I rush with my rogue or mage and we end up taking down the run in 90 seconds or less and I laugh at the warrior who probably left that run to join a run with a bunch of warriors which probably ended up in 4+ minutes.

90% of warrior full or partially full runs I have seen on Jarl end up in 3 1/2 - 4 minute runs. I actually love when I see a jarl run that has absolutely no warriors or no more than 1. The problem is if the party is full of rogues and mages and there are no warriors everyone just parts. This is where I would call them noob sorcs and rogues as that was a easy 90 second of less run they gave up.

My warrior used to be my main character and he has now been mostly collecting dust as I can tank the normal and even Elite jarl now on my rogue and sorc and push out more damage per skill and the runs are quicker.
    This issue is actually being discussed in the Warrior's section of the forum. Since the update we have lost a lot of our effectiveness due to the fact that now Sorcerers and Rogues a) have learned how to survive more and b) their gear upgrades are much better than that of Warriors! (don't get me wrong there are several other reasons, again being discussed already in the Warriors section). However go try and run any of the Watcher maps or the new Elite dungeons without a good Warrior lol. Don't forget Jarl is not the only place to play!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i used to stand in the entrance for sme secs coz whenever i enter elite map ping goes crazily high to bout 60k. nd again settle dwn. idk y. most of ppl having these ping spikes wenever they enter lol. also i dnt take lead as usually atlast i hold aggro of all mobs using HoR besides my gear is still lvl16 (all equipments lvl16)