Thread: "consignment" shop

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default "consignment" shop

Typically a real consignment shop collects a fee from you once your item sells, not before. I've listed over 10 items in the past 24 hours at the lowest price that did not sell. This has set me back a large amount that I will never get back. It would be great if we could get a full or even partial refund on unsold items. Just a suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I've brought this up before as well. Good luck! I hope it makes a difference...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd like to give my support but I'm a mercher and I understand more how the economy of a game works.

There are so many items being put into the store, it would drop the price of items so quickly and without a floor from buy prices it would just be kinda crazy.

The tax is a great way to sink money out of the economy and allow people to value their sell offers. It puts skill in trading.

To be honest, I make a lot of money as it is. I'd be getting SO MUCH profit if the tax was removed. And I don't even farm...
    Username : Jimmeh
    Guild Name : Arcane Energy
    Position : Guildmaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

CS take 5.5% fee if u list for 12hrs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I support this idea. There is one thing though.

1- The fees should remain the same.
    2- If you decide to take your item off the market, either to trade it or re-list it, you should have to pay the same exact fees as when you sell the item.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I completely agree I still make money, however that is only because I put an insane amount of time into getting drops.. as well as having buddies who are willing to loan me the fee if funds get low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmeh View Post
    I'd like to give my support but I'm a mercher and I understand more how the economy of a game works.

There are so many items being put into the store, it would drop the price of items so quickly and without a floor from buy prices it would just be kinda crazy.

The tax is a great way to sink money out of the economy and allow people to value their sell offers. It puts skill in trading.

To be honest, I make a lot of money as it is. I'd be getting SO MUCH profit if the tax was removed. And I don't even farm...
    I agree somewhat with this post....

In AL the auction house fee is 5% + a listing fee. The listing fee is a flat amount depending on whether you choose 12 hours, 24 hours or 3 days (I forgot what those flat amounts are).

In Pocket Legends, the system works the same, except the auction house fee is only 1% plus the listing fee. The result of this is that folks are always listing items for much higher prices than they are worth hoping they will get lucky and sell them. The penalty for doing so is not that high since the listing fee is only 1%. If it doesn't sell you can just relist again and again. I sometimes see the same rare expensive item listed by the same seller for 2 weeks straight at the same crazy high price. This results in sellers holding the line on very rare expensive gear. In PL you tend to see this often with items like Demonic gear. Anything rare is way overpriced. The reason is that these sellers are not usually serious about selling these rare items, but they figure if they can get someone to overpay way more than the item is worth, they'll take it. If the listing fee was 5% instead, you would not see these listings clutter the CS, and instead you would only see items listed for reasonable prices where the sellers are actually serious about selling them.

Another issue with the lower fee in Pocket Legends is that folks are always trying to undercut eachother on more common items. Seller A lists an item for 100k, Seller B comes along and lists the same item for 90k, then Seller C lists his for 85k, Seller A then removes his listing and relists for 80k (and pays another listing fee) even though he only listed his item the first time an hour ago. This then becomes a cat & mouse game until the price falls to 50k. With 1% listing fees, this goes on all the time. With 5% listing fees I'm seeing most folks leave their listings until completion as paying another listing fee is not an attractive option. The result is that prices don't fall nearly as fast on items, and selling your items in the CS is not a full time job.

In the end, what I'm seeing is that Merchants do not make as much money as in PL, due to the high listing fees. However, I do think in the end more folks will decide to sell to merchants since listing expensive items in the CS costs quite a bit. I think many folks will decide they would rather sell to a merchant at a lower price than risk paying a high listing fee and not have their item sell. On the other hand, Merchants will have to know their items and prices very well, as listing an item for too much and not having it sell could eat up much of your profit margin.