Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Glob/Mardrom Boss Fight Tactic

The Merri-go-round Maneuver?

Description: When you fight Glob and Mardrom, there is an easy albeit long way to beat them.

It took a little while but a lvl. 17 Sorcerer and a lvl. 20 Rogue beat both by exploiting the lava crater-like objects in the area.

Stock up on potions if you mess up. I'd carry at least 35-40 health pots and 20 mana pots.
    Just get one character to aggro the boss ****around the crater**** in a circle. It will slow them down because they are trying to run around it to attack you.
    Your main damage dealers can whittle away without really worrying about getting hurt*.
    Glob's charging abilities get disabled because you are always turning.

*I know Glob summons two shark monsters to attack but they also kind of follow you around the crater as well.
    *Mardrom's blue minions stop to attack you halfway through the battle, you need a fighter to aggro them away from the hero leading the boss around.
    Things like movement speed may affect how this tactic works.

I would call this an exploit because I'm 100% sure we'd be destroyed if we tried a head on fight. Who else is using this tactic/exploit and seeing consistent results?

Edit: Side Notes:
    -This is probably obvious, but get rid of all minions/summons that either boss will throw out at you asap. They're annoying.
    -I said carry x amount of potions. If I were you, then I'd say more wouldn't hurt.
    -The Rogue laid down health spikes like a bauss and aggro'd minions away. Delegate them roles.
    -We had two people. If one dies, the other needs to have potions and/or healing abilities.
    -Glob will change directions while you are leading him around the circle. Keep your eyes peeled.

I haven't spent a dime (yet) so I don't have the best gear. It took us a decent amount of time to do this but trust me it works like pepto on a bad day.
    Last edited by Tauss; 12-27-2012 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention that it's the crater you aggro the boss around.