Thread: a little something

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default a little something

what affect skill dmg is it bonus dmg% or dmg??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Both I believe. Bonus damage is calculated into damage.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It's dmg, not bonus dmg. Bonus dmg is what is used to calculate your dmg. For example, if you weapon has stats of 30 dps, and your bonus dmg is 200%, then your dps would be 60. Ring & Amulet damage stats are also calculated the same way. If your ring has 3.0 dmg, and your bonus dmg is 200%, then the ring will add 6.0 dmg to your dmg stat. Then your skill damage is based on your total dmg stat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It's dmg, not bonus dmg. Bonus dmg is what is used to calculate your dmg. For example, if you weapon has stats of 30 dps, and your bonus dmg is 200%, then your dps would be 60. Ring & Amulet damage stats are also calculated the same way. If your ring has 3.0 dmg, and your bonus dmg is 200%, then the ring will add 6.0 dmg to your dmg stat. Then your skill damage is based on your total dmg stat.
    I don't think that is correct. Damage is like your basic attack damage, whereas bonus damage is based upon your skill damage. Your primary stat's change the bonus damage as well as your damage, but a weapon's dps doesn't change the bonus damage. That's why high tier weapons with added primary stats allow the user to not only hit more, but their skill damage will be higher.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless View Post
    I don't think that is correct. Damage is like your basic attack damage, whereas bonus damage is based upon your skill damage. Your primary stat's change the bonus damage as well as your damage, but a weapon's dps doesn't change the bonus damage. That's why high tier weapons with added primary stats allow the user to not only hit more, but their skill damage will be higher.
    umm no dps is ur basic attack(aka auto) and ur skills are affected by dmg.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23165&d=1358582883
    Legends Don't Die They Just Fade...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Here is what I was saying above in more detail. Afaik, it works like this. Your primary attribute provides bonus damage. You base damage and weapon damage multiplied by your bonus damage gives you your damage. So bonus damage does affect skill damage, but you don't need to look at both stats since the bonus is already calculated into the damage stat. Please don't bring DPS into this conversation. It is not related. That's a derived stat influenced by your weapon damage and weapon speed.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless View Post
    This is not correct. Easy way to test this is to try equipping a ring that changes your base stats but not your damage. You will see that bonus damage changes too. So for example, if you are a mage, try equipping a ring that changes your INT but not your damage, and you will see your bonus damage also changes, which then in turn causes your damage to change as well, since damage = weapon damage x bonus damage.

To be more complete, it works like this:

Damage = [Weapon Damage + (Damage added from Ring + Amulet)] x Bonus Damage

This formula always works, but it usually a point or two off because I believe they round the numbers for display purposes.

Skill damage is then a multiple of Damage. For example, someone previously figured out that the sorcerer skill Lightning Strike = Damage x 1.7
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-27-2012 at 08:26 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thank you I had a similar question, was confused by this post helps

DL: xxkimmyxx and Fianeloz
    AL: Fianeloz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Skill damage is then a multiple of Damage. For example, someone previously figured out that the sorcerer skill Lightning Strike = Damage x 1.7
    actually i figured out to be 1.8 or 2.07 with the +15% damage skill included. Lightning, Frost Bolt, Time Shift are 1.8 at level 20-21. Fireball and Gale Force were about 1.348 and Lifegiver is 3.6.

I have found some cases where the Damage calculation is really funky (try testing it with a Mighty Flamestrike of Assault and your Damage is way off from the calculation, but aside from that most of them seem to work with 95% accuracy.

lol, i play with my spreadsheets open constantly testing this crap out and other things =)
    Last edited by CosmoxKramer; 12-28-2012 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

My bad, that's what I get for not looking up your post, but I did remember it, just got the number wrong.

Regarding the Mighty Flamestrike Rod of Assault, there is indeed something strange about the stats in that weapon. I think something is wrong, maybe needs to be fixed. Even though the damage is slightly less than Clever Flamestrike Rod of Force, and you get less INT which would also negatively affect damage, it still shows as having more damage -- very strange. I think it's a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Oh yea, I didn't even look close at that, I was just typing in numbers lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Further clarification of some likely related point: +% are calculated individually. ex. player with 200% bonus attack equips pet giving an additional 10% bonus has a final attack of 210% as opposed to 220%. Probably stating the obvious for most.