Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Sorcerer Build since update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Best Sorcerer Build since update

Since the update increased the level cap to 21 and now there are passive skills, what is the best way to go with the Sorcerer? Right now I'm only Lv15 and have 3 on Fireball, 3 on Gale Force, 3 on Time Shift, 3 on Lifegiver and 2 on Durable. Lifegiver doesn't seem to heal much at all and Durable seems a little week at 2%, so I might put up lightning strike and go 100% nuker. What is everyone else doing, especially towards lv21?

Also, how are your attributes distributed? Right now I have like 65/35 on INT/STR just to get some Health but should I go 100% INT? In PL my mage is 100% INT and it works out great but that might not be the case in AL.

Thanks for all the help!
    PL - Snapbax (Lv76 Mage), Ianjones (Lv76 Bear), Supermcnassty (Lv75 Bird)
    SL - Davinci (Lv40 Engineer) / DL - Dhampyr (Lv31 Male) / AL - Drebeast (Lv22 Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Here's a link to the Sorcerer's class guide thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/foru...***-Discussion if you need more help from your fellow sorcerers! Goodluck!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanJones View Post
    Since the update increased the level cap to 21 and now there are passive skills, what is the best way to go with the Sorcerer? Right now I'm only Lv15 and have 3 on Fireball, 3 on Gale Force, 3 on Time Shift, 3 on Lifegiver and 2 on Durable. Lifegiver doesn't seem to heal much at all and Durable seems a little week at 2%, so I might put up lightning strike and go 100% nuker. What is everyone else doing, especially towards lv21?

Also, how are your attributes distributed? Right now I have like 65/35 on INT/STR just to get some Health but should I go 100% INT? In PL my mage is 100% INT and it works out great but that might not be the case in AL.

Thanks for all the help!
    Well, ever heard the saying that someone is a "jack of all trades, master of none"? Well, if you spread your skill points around to more than 4 skills, then that is exactly what you will be.... very weak, but very flexible. If you want to be strong, then figure out what it is you want to be good at, and load your points in that area.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yea find out what your missing, it might be that your running too fast out of mana or you die too often. If thats the case go for those types of passives, unless you respec your entire mage.
    AL| Eldestking & Eldestmage
    Check out my All New Profile *Wink*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I've gone for total damage and have full int with maxed passive int. I have 156 dmg 194 dps with 1750 health and 490 armor. I don't have the best gear, and those stats are with malison as my pet.

I've tried around 10 different skill builds, and currently I'm using 4/5 fireball 3/5 lightning 3/5 heal and 5/5 curse. I drop insane damage and am killing elite mobs in no time, but I have a lot less defensive ability not having gale for knockdown and dodge. There isn't a 'best' build, it depends how you play, and what's best for you. I am constantly changing my builds to see what I like. Your concern should be to reach level 20 before you start tinkering with stats.

Are you charging your heals? its pretty ineffective simply using the skill. Also try increasing your damage as it directly affects the power of your skills. And like energizeric said putting points in more than 4 skills is a waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Am i the only one who maxed out his skills?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DataPunk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

for a mage im more in damage skills 4 for fire, 4, time, max for curse and timeshift!! and max passive for int!!! i dont need heal because my mage has 684 armor and 1600 life!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Maxing out skills doesn't make any sense, at least for end game. A majority of the skills only provide benefit door kill trash mobs which is pointless. The highest you should go is 3/5 with the exception of fireball which if you choose can go 4/5. The rest of your points can be used for passive abilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Well i love it. I don't see why you wouldn't want to have ur skills as powerful as they can be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cater your character to how you play, do you elite run, do you farm, quest, hauntlet .. really depends on how you play.

Personally i'm full INT with passive in +INT & Crit for a DPS that is 260+

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TheWeps For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Making your skills as powerful as possible is a good idea, but seeing as how most of the perks aren't even slightly useful the skill points would be better suited in a passive that not only makes ALL of your skills more powerful (by adding damage) but also gives you some survivability by giving you a little health.

At the least int passive should be maxed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

The "strongest" mages will be pure int with maxed passive knowledge maybe a little on passive critical shot (I have 3, the more you can crit the better). 4 power attacks, fire, time, ice and light. There is no skill that needs to be maxed if you're looking for an all out power mage. Using points to max out skills isn't the best idea, there are a lot of pointless "add ons" to skills. I have 4 on fire, 3 on lightning, 2 on ice and 3 on time.
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I agree with azefekie 100%. And for those that don't understand his quoted "strongest" I think he is implying solely a damage oriented spec. A mage with curse is better than a mage with 4 attack spells for elites.

Though I'd choose gale over time shift that's just my preference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

yeah I tried gale at the beginning I didn't like it, both time shift and gale you have to aim. Time shift does dmg while enemies are under it, roots them than blows up. IMO gale is really just for running through lvls and knocking people down. As for curse, you get more dmg out having 4 power skills than you would using curse and 3 power skills. we've tried this out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonik View Post
    I agree with azefekie 100%. And for those that don't understand his quoted "strongest" I think he is implying solely a damage oriented spec. A mage with curse is better than a mage with 4 attack spells for elites.

Though I'd choose gale over time shift that's just my preference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Ask eni how i do with my maxed skills the only upgrade I'm not sure about is the ice path that a mob will leave behind. Would u mind to elobarte on which upgrades u exactly did?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is passive skill "DAMAGE" usefull for a mage?
    - Bamisoup - Rogue - Proud Recruiter of Enigmatic -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

While I agree that 4 power skills is better for a solo mage, elites you have 4 people doing dps and everyone benefiting from 15% more damage would overshadow a single ability. I don't have math on it but it seems like common sense.

And with time shift I've more often than naught the mobs inside the clock would die long before explosion took effect. So to me it was a wasted talent point. While the initial damage is nice you can get almost 3 gales off for each time shift, which is more overall damage.
    Last edited by Dragonik; 12-30-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

i don't use the exploding clock. Curse lasts how long? 4 secs? with the added 2 sec point. might as well equip ribbit for this. If curse works for you good, i don't see it as an added benefit. also time lasts a lot longer and has the same cool down time as curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonik View Post
    While I agree that 4 power skills is better for a solo mage, elites you have 4 people doing dps and everyone benefiting from 15% more damage would overshadow a single ability. I don't have math on it but it seems like common sense.

And with time shift I've more often than naught the mobs inside the clock would die long before explosion took effect. So to me it was a wasted talent point. While the initial damage is nice you can get almost 3 gales off for each time shift, which is more overall damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Sure, for my ice i upgraded "ice wielder". I don't see much use of the others, "jagged ice" you still need to charge for it to give additional dmg same as "shiver" and the time "arctic shatter" would be dropped out most the mob would be dead. IMO ice wielder is the only one you need, the time you go from mob to mob it will have recharged several times. I tried to save as many points as i could to use on passives.
    Quote Originally Posted by DataPunk View Post
    Ask eni how i do with my maxed skills the only upgrade I'm not sure about is the ice path that a mob will leave behind. Would u mind to elobarte on which upgrades u exactly did?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to azefekie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Critical shot, damage and knowledge are all good for mages. but make sure you max out knowledge before the others its the most beneficial to your mage, I'm working on maxing out critical shot next, the more your mage can crit the better he is and the more dmg he deals out. damage is still good this passive i will be maxing out next, but you'll crit out more dmg then you'll deal just upgrading your damage passive.
    Quote Originally Posted by KaKiT View Post
    Is passive skill "DAMAGE" usefull for a mage?