Thread: Time shift=Rookie mistake

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carter View Post
    This thread was a rookie mistake.. time shift is a great AoE skill for doing tomb runs, and the root is a totally invaluable skill if you do a lot of damage.

As a mage with 250+ dps, I pull aggro a lot.. but not when I drop a clock on the group I just fireballed, because when they get back up, they can't move and the rogue/warrior is finishing them off while nobody takes any damage because the enemies are still trying to attack me. If anything is still alive after the clock expires (and explodes, doing another fireball's worth of damage for free) then I can just fireball them back down.

I love time shift for elite runs.. it keeps mobs together so warriors windmill and rogues smoke bomb/noxious bolt/other mages AoE affects all the enemies, plus it damages the enemies when you drop it AND when it expires (equal to 2 fireballs). This thread is almost completely false, except for the boss part, but if you're using time shift as a main source of DPS to attack bosses then you don't know how to play a sorcerer anyways. That's what fb/ice/light are for.
    If you 250 dps and need help cleaning stuff up in tombs, or your party members need the root to clean up what you can't, there's a serious efficiency issue in your game.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 01-04-2013 at 11:10 AM.