Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default End Game Rhino in PvP - Not as bad as you think

A lot of people have been saying that the Rhino class is really underpowered. So I decided to deck my rhino out with a full crafted savage set, pure STR, and maxed out the buff spells.

Obviously this build isn't good for killing... but it's practically invincible for CTF.

I was in a 3v3 rockwall game with my buds, and the trick is to not really attack when you go for the flag. That "charge!!" spell? Yeah, it's basically a speed skill. Just spam it to run away from your opponents, and if you get hit, you cast your buff spells for protection. What I'm saying is that people have been complaining about the charge!! spell being only 8m... the skill can be used for more than just attacking.

Most people would think that having a pure STR character is ridiculous considering the hit% loss. I normally used 67 dex to bring my hit% pretty high, but using pure STR, it's only a mere 66%. Bad, right?

So the solution was this: Use a ring/face to bump up the hit% a bit. Max out the buff spell that grants more damage... 27 additional hit% when maxed out. That solves the hit% problem.

And because people complained about the Rhino having such a low health pool: stop whining, when you max out STR attribute + a ring/face that grants more HP, problem solved.

At this point, you're a tanking machine. Fully maxed out buffed grants an additional 93 armor to what you already have... that's over 400 armor. Not to mention, my Rhino doesn't have a founder's helm, or any vanity rings.

The only con is that this class is not meant for FFA. It's meant to be a support class. I maxed out resurrect so it can res up to 14m... as well as maxing out heal. I can really only kill birds if I'm buffed, and have some crits here and there(which is good because they deal the most damage) and dex bears. You're pretty much useless against a bear, or a mage. Mages don't kill you instantly since Rhino's have the ability to heal (and have up to 75 h/s when healed)... but mages win in the end.

Let me know what you guys think! I'm thinking the Rhino will emphasize different gameplay, and encourage more CTF. They can get a ton of captures if you use them right.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 12-31-2012 at 06:57 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: