Thread: Pets in pvp?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Hello I wanted a discussion about pets in pvp, we know our pets are great in pve but pvp will be different, some people may have an unfair advantage such as Flap Jacks stuns or ribbits crit arcane etc.

This is my opinion: Pets should NOT be allowed in pvp, why? Because they make a huge difference - some people may have a great pet such as malison, and some people still may have a rocky, it may create disadvantages. Lots of pets have stun abilities - so is this REALLY fair? I dont think so. Pvp really shouldnt be reliant on a pets ability, its about the players skill. The only attacks that should be allowed are single target normal pet attacks.

Even if sts do allow pets (which even I want), their arcane abilities and stuns/freezes shouldnt be allowed in pvp, this will make it a bit more fair because its not about the pet again, its about the players skill. I really hope devs think about factors involving pets.

Most of you will probabaly hate or flame me but its the truth - I DONT want AL pvp to turn like PL's. Pets are like the forgotten bows, a newbie can farm a pro.

Feedback?

~ Bless
    Weapons make a huge difference as well. So by that logic, should we not allow weapons in PvP too?

Look, pets are part of your equipment. You farm/buy it like any other gear in the game, which means each player is given a chance of an even playing field. I do see your point regarding the arcane ability. However, nobody can say for certain that it would cause imbalance to PvP since we don't know how it would look like yet. I for one had different expectations from the PvP in SL, and it came out different than what I expected.

If anything, we might see some diminishing returns on impairing effects to prevent people from possibly stun-locking enemies as I can already see that happening with a Sorcerer with a Flap Jack or Colton.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ProSophist For This Useful Post: