Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Suggestion adding an constant auto attack option onto PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Suggestion adding an constant auto attack option onto PL.

Before I place my suggestions on here, I want to thank Spacetime Studios for creating this mobile MMO! I understand this is probably in beta stage but it's pretty entertaining so far and I'm sure there's a bright path ahead for you guys.

Allowing the character to retaliate when being attacked instead of having to press auto attack again. This should be an option that can be turned on and off.
    Last edited by Artomos; 09-24-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Clarification

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I personally don't like this idea. I thought of it, and thought it through. While playing the game, you'll just have to hit 1 button, and boom, you will be getting kills like crazy, and it would be lame in PvP, I don't like the idea, it just seems lazy, and seems like it would be weird. Some people only want to target 1 or 2 enemies and not the rest believe it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

to do this just switch to another enemy before the current one dies, leaving him for the team to finish off.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    to do this just switch to another enemy before the current one dies, leaving him for the team to finish off.
    Nice suggestion, I find myself doing this a ton.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We actually had it implemented like this at one point. It seems like a cool option, but really what happens is the game just plays itself. And it was no fun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We actually had it implemented like this at one point.
    This cannot be true. At all.
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGLORD67 View Post
    This cannot be true. At all.
    First of all, why not? Second, I'm pretty sure it was like that for a while...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

What we need is smart tabbing, not auto-auto attack.
    No, pally, not the mummy on the other side of the room. Yes, that djin that just took out half your hp. Well done. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You mean you want the game to bot its self for you?

Lamest idea I've ever heard.
    Iela // Staffs and Spells // 45
    Columbaguinea // Blasters and Bows // 45
    Tankteddy // Swords and Shields // 32

10.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    First of all, why not? Second, I'm pretty sure it was like that for a while...
    We initially had it like that when we were developing the feature.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Oh the possibilities! Since level 45's warriors can't die in the re spawning Sarcophagus the exploits would be off the charts. Just click auto once, then go to bed! Yeah, enough exploits already in that level as there are. BTW, quick suggestion for that level, instead of having those two mages spawn, spawn a couple guys that break armor. That could solve the AFK problem as they would enable the bosses to kill the 'napping' characters. Also, so they don't make it insane for level 25's, give them low armor / health themselves so if you are actually paying attention they are easy to kill, even for appropriate level characters.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Oh the possibilities! Since level 45's warriors can't die in the re spawning Sarcophagus the exploits would be off the charts. Just click auto once, then go to bed! Yeah, enough exploits already in that level as there are.
    Lol, but what if one of the mages, that like to back up as you attack, backed all the way out of the room, and then your autoattack took you all the way down the hall to the beginning of the map? It might be kinda fun to watch what happens like cellular automata or something.
    Last edited by Royce; 09-20-2010 at 02:07 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

zombie homicide. punto.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys fail to realize people with iPhones and iPod touch have to deal with loads of lag, specially when attacking mobs. I failed to mention this should be a 'retaliate' option, meaning your character attacks when attacked.

I've played many games similar to Pocket Legends before and all offer or automatically have a retaliate option if attacked, these games are very successful. Not to mention MMO's out there now a days have a system if the game detects no human movement for a long period of time, it automatically kicks the player out for being AFK. I know PL can develop such tool and kick players out of the game to prevent people from using bots. This would prevent players from having accidental deaths in a game or trying to bot or auto the game.

Like I mentioned before if people don't want to use this, it should be an option that you can turn on and off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I play on a 1st gen iPod touch, so I'm not failing to realize anything there lol. I am just completely opposed to any further automation in this game. It's too easy to play as it is. Leave at least a couple things for the player to have to actively do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My girlfriend has the 1st gen of the touch and she deals with loads of onscreen lag, I have an iPhone 3g and my brother has the iPhone 4 plus my sister in law has an iPhone 3gs. We have all played together and have experienced on seperate wi-fi connections this lag at the same time. Meaning, the animations are probably overloading the device.

Then again, can you explain to me why are games like WoW, Runescape, and Fiesta so successful if they provide these options?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

1st part, have you tried unchecking "high quality" in the options? That helps me significantly with lag.

2nd part, people like to do nothing and be rewarded for laziness. Just because other games are successful allowing people to do that, doesn't mean PL should give in, and reduce the experience of playing this game, to be just like other ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, there's high quality in this game? lol. Sarcasm btw. Yes, I've done that yet large mobs still over load the device.

2nd, you're sitting on your butt playing a game. If I wanted to be rewarded for doing 'something' I would go out side and do 'something' and be rewarded. I mean come on you're just using your finger to auto attack, don't tell me that takes loads of ATP.

Actually, like I mentioned before and you didn't probably read, this is an "option".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

You're not really respodning to my points at all. Yes, auto-attacking is too easy. It would be great if they got rid of that as well. I am just opposed to any more automation whatsoever in this game. Anyway, I'm not a fan of the attitude so I'm going to move away from this thread. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, I just happen to disagree entirely, and it sounds like the devs do too. I think it will take more than a snippy attitude and an argument of "WoW does it" to convince them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually I did respond to your points.

This game is not just famous enough for people to even bother to make bots since there basically a few to no one who is willing to spend real currency on a level 45 character. The game has a little to no market, it's understandable it's brand new and the market is barely picking up. Wait another year when the game finally gets going and expands to other mobile phones. I bet there's a couple of people who make real currency out of bots willing to bot this game.

I'm in no way promoting bots, I'm actually against it and I empathize with the Devs and even you about bots. I've seen many great games on consoles and computer be ruined by bots such as Runescape go from once amazing/fun game to a manipulated market/little to no freedom MMORPG. Yes bots do ruin games but I honestly fail to see how this will make the game feel less, specially when you want to focus on other areas of the game instead of getting attacked and watching your character just stand there and not retaliate due to the major lag and large mobs lagging your device. As far as bots go, no matter what they do, this game will eventually end up with bots.

P.S. I did state "successful games, never stated "WoW" towards the Dev's but to you I did, then again you're not a Dev. :/

Not being snippy, just pointing out facts. May be you just don't enjoy reading.

Thanks for your time, have a nice day.
    Last edited by Artomos; 09-24-2010 at 11:20 AM.