Thread: time to revisit elite weapons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Default time to revisit elite weapons

Now that they've been out for a while, it's time for STS to revisit the design of the elite weapons in BSM. Specifically, they need to reevaluate the decision to make int and str requirements so high on branch and boulder.

The community's rejection of these weapons is clear and unambiguous. You can buy either in CS for around 100k, give or take. I recently finished spending about 25 hours of play time capping in BSM runs, and during that time I saw exactly one of these weapons in use: a bear with the boulder. I never have seen a branch in the wild.

The problem is that going pure int or str just has way too many disadvantages. These weapons are nowhere near good enough to justify such a build. (I can't even imagine what stats they'd have to be to tempt me to go full str with my bear.) If you ever want these items to see any significant use, you'll have to adjust their requirements to something more in line with a reasonable stat build. I'm glad you put forth the effort to make elite items to strive for, but you really missed the mark here. You need to go back and fix them so they serve an actual purpose.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post: