Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chance of looting eggs on boss monsters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Chance of looting eggs on boss monsters

What Im about to share is based on my personal experience, im not sure if it is true or just luck or just plain coincidence.. having looted 4 of ribbit and 3 of blight made me think its possible that what i do is applicable.

I have just tried this with 2 bosses Mother and Klutus

For Mother (Rook's Hideout) try to avoid being stunned or hit by her strings web or ball of web and kill her not faster than 30 seconds more or less and finally make sure you get the final blow.

For the Klutus (Ydra Forest) keep away from the red marks on the ground (which serves as a warning on where will his Bat hit) MEANING DONT GET PUSHED AWAY. but you have to do it without yourself moving a far from him, hard to do cause he has a 360 degree splashing damage. but Ive been ocassionally dodging it by simultaeously using skyward smash, and finally make sure you get the final blow.

BUT TAKE NOTE for both Bosses, you must get the final blow with a critical damage (because that's where the drops happens as far as I experienced) thats why i always use ribbit when killing these bosses and save the arcane ability for the final blow.

it's always up to you if you wanna try and believe everything that has been shared on this forums. I just shared my part so you can experience it too. post back in here if you accomplish what I posted and let me know what is the result. good luck!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It also helps if you wear green pajamas while you're playing AL. Much better drops for sure. Trust me, I've done lots of testing on this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    It also helps if you wear green pajamas while you're playing AL. Much better drops for sure. Trust me, I've done lots of testing on this.
    LOL i tested it wearing tight jeans. hehe. well too bad you did not have much on ur tests )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As the developers have posted in the past over and over, drops in all of the STS games are random. The only way to increase your drop rate of better items is with a luck elixir which will allow you to get rerolls. Other than that, it doesn't matter which player gets the last hit, which player gets the hardest hit, which player causes the most damage, if someone opens a chest, or if you wear green pajamas while hanging upsidedown and smoking a cigar. Drops are always random.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Let the myth continue................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I always open my chests in the same spot even though I know it doesn't matter in-game.. maybe on some higher level beyond the code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As the developers have posted in the past over and over, drops in all of the STS games are random. The only way to increase your drop rate of better items is with a luck elixir which will allow you to get rerolls. Other than that, it doesn't matter which player gets the last hit, which player gets the hardest hit, which player causes the most damage, if someone opens a chest, or if you wear green pajamas while hanging upsidedown and smoking a cigar. Drops are always random.
    Obviously that's what they will say..I don't buy it.
    You can't have both - drop of chests and drops from chests - random..They say the drops from the chests are not predetermined, which means there's a possibility of getting a good drop, and nothing at the same time..There has to be some facts affecting the outcome of the chest drops, which are never specified - to not ruin the game..I strongly believe there are few people who have succeeded to discover these but for obvious reasons will not share..This theory would have totally be thrown out of the window if chest drops were predetermined, which means certain items are already put in the chests, before you opened them..

So..There are so many things that could be affecting the outcome..Could be number of chests opened in that specific minute, hour, day..Could be the time you open the chests..Could be your level..Could be number of chests being opened all at once..A lot of things to consider, but I'm sure there is a way(s).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rasittt View Post
    There has to be some facts affecting the outcome of the chest drops, which are never specified
    Why? Why does there have to be. Why do you think it's more likely they created a complex non-random system than a simple random one?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i have looted 3 ribbit in one day, thats why this cheap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

For them to have something more complex than a simple random outcome would require a ton of extra programming, and there is no reason for STS to do this. Yes, certain items are made more rare than others. But that does not mean the outcome is not random. The way it most likely works is this....

The program calls for a random number generator to generate a number from 1 to 100. Then for the particular drop or chest, there is a schedule which says what the class of drop will be for each number generated. Then there is another random number generated based on that which then goes to the schedule for that class of drop.

So for example, you defeat Elite Jarl. The random number generator pulls a 19. The schedule for Elite Jarl says if you get 19 then you get an Elite II SIlver Chest. Then when you open the chest, the random number generator pulls 3 random numbers, one for each of the 3 drops you get for the chest: 2, 51, 96. The schedule for Elite II Silver Chests says that 2 is a pink item, while 51 and 96 are greens. So then the random number generator runs again and generates a number for each one of those 3 types. The number generated for the pink is a 47, which then gets looked up on the schedule for pinks coming from Elite II Chests. #47 on that schedule is a Clever Flamestrike Rod of Force, so that is the pink item you get. Similar numbers are generated for each of the 2 green items which then get looked up on the schedule for green items coming from Elite II chests, and that determined which greens you get. And that's how it works. Possibly a little more complex than this. But if I was the programmer, this is how I would do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Sts gives you a chance to have a chance at getting items its brilliant
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I heard if you fight boss while eating a bacon sandwich works @ Astrocat

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Chest drop rate increases as you level up, Go store- click the 'i' of the plat chests and look at the summary section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:924300
    For them to have something more complex than a simple random outcome would require a ton of extra programming, and there is no reason for STS to do this. Yes, certain items are made more rare than others. But that does not mean the outcome is not random. The way it most likely works is this....

The program calls for a random number generator to generate a number from 1 to 100. Then for the particular drop or chest, there is a schedule which says what the class of drop will be for each number generated. Then there is another random number generated based on that which then goes to the schedule for that class of drop.

So for example, you defeat Elite Jarl. The random number generator pulls a 19. The schedule for Elite Jarl says if you get 19 then you get an Elite II SIlver Chest. Then when you open the chest, the random number generator pulls 3 random numbers, one for each of the 3 drops you get for the chest: 2, 51, 96. The schedule for Elite II Silver Chests says that 2 is a pink item, while 51 and 96 are greens. So then the random number generator runs again and generates a number for each one of those 3 types. The number generated for the pink is a 47, which then gets looked up on the schedule for pinks coming from Elite II Chests. #47 on that schedule is a Clever Flamestrike Rod of Force, so that is the pink item you get. Similar numbers are generated for each of the 2 green items which then get looked up on the schedule for green items coming from Elite II chests, and that determined which greens you get. And that's how it works. Possibly a little more complex than this. But if I was the programmer, this is how I would do it.
    I rather beleive someone somewhere is screwing me bigtime and getting lolz watching me rage thru my webcam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry to say that but if this is how they programmed it, it's pure bs..Maybe they have added more random generators to more numbers that are generated? Never seen such a drop system in any other game..If your chance of getting a gold chest is 1/15, then your chance of getting a pit sword is 1/100, what are the odds of this happening? This system makes absolutely no sense to me..
    I don't see any point in that and i dont understand what they expect people to do..Just farm farm and farm until you get couple of descent items? Farm as in for a whole freaking month? With the hope of getting something valuable? Since it's all random then, there's still a big possibility that you will not get what you want, even if you open 100 chests..Then why bother to do so?
    They really need to come up with a smarter system..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Actually there.may be ways to increase.drops without luck elix. I know for a fact in pl (not sure.now havent.done it.for awhile) that on the.skeller.crunch returns.first map if you ran by all enimes not hitting one and only attack meat head, thay you would get a pink or purp every single time. I did this 30+ times in a row with the same results pink or purp. But i do belive some are just rumors, but think about it if it was possible would sts admit it? After all if you could it.would majorly decrease from this.games gold sells. And yea i know skr pinks are garbage, but 400-500x30+ adds up try it.see if it.still works

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...ps232e3f01.png

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...psdd62f03c.png

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...psb1d49f75.png

Edit: yep still works i.tested it.for.you. Btw.sorry.for.this horribly spelled post ive had something to drink
    Last edited by xcainnblecterx; 01-11-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

It most probably doesn't work, rjspyro. The bigger chance is that STS creates their drops system in a simple, random manner. Thinking too far doesn't help.
    But it still is fun to have some weird superstitions
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Its like peter pan, all you have.to do is believe lmao
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Actually there.may be ways to increase.drops without luck elix. I know for a fact in pl (not sure.now havent.done it.for awhile) that on the.skeller.crunch returns.first map if you ran by all enimes not hitting one and only attack meat head, thay you would get a pink or purp every single time. I did this 30+ times in a row with the same results pink or purp. But i do belive some are just rumors, but think about it if it was possible would sts admit it? After all if you could it.would majorly decrease from this.games gold sells. And yea i know skr pinks are garbage, but 400-500x30+ adds up try it.see if it.still works

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...ps232e3f01.png

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...psdd62f03c.png

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...psb1d49f75.png

Edit: yep still works i.tested it.for.you. Btw.sorry.for.this horribly spelled post ive had something to drink
    Dude, skeller crunch returns gives a million pinks every time no matter what you do. I was helping someone level up a new toon last month and had no elixirs and still got like 30 or 40 of those pinks in just an hour of running there. I couldn't even sell them as they are worth like 300 gold each, I just liquidated LOL. It's an example of why having high drop rates is bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rasittt View Post
    sorry to say that but if this is how they programmed it, it's pure bs..Maybe they have added more random generators to more numbers that are generated? Never seen such a drop system in any other game..If your chance of getting a gold chest is 1/15, then your chance of getting a pit sword is 1/100, what are the odds of this happening? This system makes absolutely no sense to me..
    I don't see any point in that and i dont understand what they expect people to do..Just farm farm and farm until you get couple of descent items? Farm as in for a whole freaking month? With the hope of getting something valuable? Since it's all random then, there's still a big possibility that you will not get what you want, even if you open 100 chests..Then why bother to do so?
    They really need to come up with a smarter system..
    Yes, most players will not get drops for every item they want ever. If that did happen, then there would be more rare items than players, and therefore the value of these items would be zero since nobody would ever need to buy an item from the consignment shop. Instead, the best items are rare drops, so they actually have decent value.

A better strategy for you to get the items you want is to farm for chests, and then when you get a pink item that you don't need, sell it in the consignment shop or directly to another player who wants it. Then take the money you make from that and buy an item you need. That is what I did. I have all the best sorcerer gear for level 21, and I didn't get a single one of the 5 items from a chest. I bought them all. I did get some other pinks from chests, and I sold those. In once case I got the best rogue armor and I traded it to another player for the best sorcerer armor.

Have some imagination and understanding of how economics works. I understand you would love to get every item you want as a drop, and then you of course would also want those items to be worth a ton of gold. But you can't have it both ways. If you get everything you want as a drop, then so would every other player, so then why would anyone want to buy any items from the shop? all items would be worthless then.