Thread: Orion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Default Orion

Does anyone know what his arcane ability is? Because this seems like a dog who can't hunt. But maybe his arcane ability is good. I haven't seen anything in the pets guide thread about him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Does anyone know what his arcane ability is? Because this seems like a dog who can't hunt. But maybe his arcane ability is good. I haven't seen anything in the pets guide thread about him.
    My Orion now level 10..
    20 int, 10 str, 2% damage reduced, 160 health
    His arcane ability is "Terror"
    Reduce enemies chance to hit, armor, and buff all allies with damages 10%
    I think this pet is d best defensive pet for sorcerer that boost ur party attack n defense at d same time.. I love it so far. Still leveling him up to see the next passive abilities
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by n19one; 04-24-2013 at 08:46 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n19one For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Orion is one of my favourite pet now, reduce armor is useful against new elite bosses, and lot of hp also welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I am gonna pass on this pet. I don't think its worth 90 plat. If I want a defensive pet I go with malison and still gives me a boost in dmg and crit. This is like shiloh for mages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Mine is at lv21, and it's passive is hit 3 targets with 15% dmg reduction+bleeding chance.

And because it gives high int+ hit/armor buff + 10% dmg which is not bad for offensive use.

and kind of looking cool.
    Last edited by Excuses; 04-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Actually I Find Orion Quite Useful...

Orion, Clyde, and Slag are my top pets. Here's my LVL 30 Orion for your viewing pleasure:

Name:  OrionLVL30Stat.jpg
Views: 2424
Size:  150.1 KB
    - HumbleSage | LVL 31 | Sorcerer
    "Respect is earned, it is not given."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I still don't like what I see, 2% damage reduction is nothing. On a mage lets say you have 2000 hp. Thats a max of 40 hp extra. The passive ability looks interesting with 15% because now we are talking like 300 more hp. But we have no idea how long this effect lasts. It might be for 2 seconds. Despite the low str, I think this is better suited for a warrior. Because as a warrior you're being hit more often and as a mage I am trying not to get hit. And this pet will be always next to you and the mobs. As a mage I am usually hanging back and a lot of times my pet isn't in the action despite me being in range to fire my skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I still don't like what I see, 2% damage reduction is nothing. On a mage lets say you have 2000 hp. Thats a max of 40 hp extra. The passive ability looks interesting with 15% because now we are talking like 300 more hp. But we have no idea how long this effect lasts. It might be for 2 seconds. Despite the low str, I think this is better suited for a warrior. Because as a warrior you're being hit more often and as a mage I am trying not to get hit. And this pet will be always next to you and the mobs. As a mage I am usually hanging back and a lot of times my pet isn't in the action despite me being in range to fire my skills.
    2% + armor value = total reduction

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by X29798 View Post
    2% + armor value = total reduction
    I had combo elixir from Klaas which gives you 15% damage reduction elixir. And yet I still get 1 shot KO'd with 751 armor and nearly 3k HP. So 2% is useless. With the way elite bosses hit, I am not so concerned with armor or damage reduction because I see tanks going down. I just try to stay out of the kill zone. Its not always possible. And it gets difficult to target my skills because I am at the outer edge of where I can target. So I'd rather focus on doing damage then wasting 90 plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I had combo elixir from Klaas which gives you 15% damage reduction elixir. And yet I still get 1 shot KO'd with 751 armor and nearly 3k HP. So 2% is useless. With the way elite bosses hit, I am not so concerned with armor or damage reduction because I see tanks going down. I just try to stay out of the kill zone. Its not always possible. And it gets difficult to target my skills because I am at the outer edge of where I can target. So I'd rather focus on doing damage then wasting 90 plat.
    Every class can get 1 hit KO'd with boss with crit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD