Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: List Your Effective Sorcerer Build Here!

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default List Your Effective Sorcerer Build Here!

    I'm having trouble finding a good build for my level 21 Sorcerer. I've searched the forums and haven't really seen any guides on a build.

    So, what I'm asking is for you guys to post your WHOLE build please. I just want to see your opinions and what works best for you guys!

  2. #2
    Senior Member CosmoxKramer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    fireball 5/5
    Lightning Strike + Empowered Bolt and Electrical Discharge (because my crit is low so i don't use Positive charge)
    Frost Bolt + Ice Wielder for chance at aoe free (nice for elite trash mobs) and Jagged Ice for a bit of extra damage
    Time Shift + Time Bomb and Countdown of Pain (for aoe trash only, don't charge for boss)
    5/5 int
    1/5 damage

  3. #3
    Guardian of Alterra Royce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    4,738
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    I currently use the exact same build as above except I have the extended freeze subskill and no damage passive. It's working quite well for me. I was previously using the same with curse in place of time shift and that also worked well, but was less effective with poor teams.

    Edit: actually I forgot I dropped the hit debuff from fireball and got the root for time shift. I'm still toying around with different configurations.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member CosmoxKramer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    I like the -hit because when I end up tanking Jarl or someone I seem to avoid hits about 25% more

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Nice Build! Are you pure Int?

  6. #6
    Senior Member CosmoxKramer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    I went pure int and have Colten, but I picked up the demonlord(sp?) gear for the 25-26 STR, 12-13 INT and bonus armor. I don't spend money on max item, just try to shop efficiently. I could be at like 315+ int if I went with clever amor, and the lvl 21 rings/amulet, but I just wanted to save money. Told myself I'd only spend huge gold on weapons, since that is the majority of ur damage

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    186
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    12
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

    Default

    The -hit on fireball for a few sec is useless because by the time u hit them with fb, theyre still knocked out and not hitting u anyway. Not sure if it works for boss tho

  8. #8
    Senior Member CosmoxKramer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    The -hit seems to work on Jarl when the knock down/stun doesn't.

  9. #9
    Guardian of Alterra Royce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    4,738
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    I could be at like 315+ int if I went with clever amor, and the lvl 21 rings/amulet, but I just wanted to save money.
    305 is the unbuffed max. Edit: My bad, that's actually with Malison. 285 is the unbuffed, no pet max.

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    The -hit seems to work on Jarl when the knock down/stun doesn't.
    Yeah the hit debuff is useful against bosses but less so against mobs affected by the knockdown.
    Last edited by Royce; 01-10-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

  10. #10
    Senior Member CosmoxKramer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    ok, ya i was just looking at gear i could buy and trying to add a bunch of + deltas to my current in lol. you are right 315 is max with Colten, 285 is max from gear and stat/skill attribution

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    1
    Thanked in
    1 Post

    Default

    Fireball+engulf+impact+scorch(4/5)
    Gale force+outward squall+Protective current+speed of wind(4/5)
    Frost bolt+ice weilder+jagged ice+shiver(4/5)
    Lifegiver+empower+recharge mana(3/5)
    and 5/5 knowledge passive skill
    I have respec around 10 times and find build is the best for my play style.My combo is charge fireball > charge frost bolt > use gale force(sometime i charged it too) and clean the rest of the mobs then begin from the first.Use charged lifegiver after all mobs gone to bring back your lost mana.With this build I rarely use potions.I usually using mana regen pet to cover my mana.Hope this help

  12. #12
    Forum Adept Yakiniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    549
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    100
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    The -hit seems to work on Jarl when the knock down/stun doesn't.
    Yup. It's also useful for other mobs that don't knock down or stun. Gray skeletons in WT4, big punching demon guys in Tower, undead warrior and rogue mobs in Grounds. I'm sure there's more, but those are the first ones that come to my mind.

    You guys are going to ream me for my build, but here goes:

    Fireball 5/5
    Frost Bolt 4/5 - Ice Wielder, Jagged Ice, Shiver
    Time Shift 3/5 - Countdown of Pain, Freeze Time
    Lifegiver 4/5 - Increased Range, Empower, Recharge Mana
    Knowledge 4/5

    Build is DoT heavy because they all stack with themselves and add up to quite a bit of damage. Particularly useful for bosses or large Elite groups. Lifegiver is there because I enjoy adding some utility to the group and nobody else seems to take it these days. Still on the fence with Recharge Mana. I mainly use it to kick off my natural mana regen manually, rather than waiting for it to kick in after a pause in casting, but it really does help me a lot. I don't know quite how to explain it, but after adding this talent my mana pot consumption has gone way down. Yes, I'm poor and cheap like that. Knowledge is +4 because I simply ran out of points.

    Build focus is on crowd control and support for Elites, with DoTs augmenting the damage output. Having 270+ dps does help I guess, but a half decent rogue will still out damage me easily.

  13. #13
    Guardian of Alterra Royce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    4,738
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    10
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    43
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    Still on the fence with Recharge Mana. I mainly use it to kick off my natural mana regen manually, rather than waiting for it to kick in after a pause in casting, but it really does help me a lot. I don't know quite how to explain it, but after adding this talent my mana pot consumption has gone way down.
    You're imagining things, drop that subskill unless you specifically intend for it to be a party booster that does nothing for you (because it is). It gives you 50 more mana every 16s at most, meaning you can cast almost 1 extra skill every 32s without spending mana. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you think anyone would ream you for your build. If you like using Lifegiver, that's great.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Royce For This Useful Post:


  15. #14
    Forum Adept Yakiniku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    387
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    549
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    100
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    You're imagining things, drop that subskill unless you specifically intend for it to be a party booster that does nothing for you (because it is). It gives you 50 more mana every 16s at most, meaning you can cast almost 1 extra skill every 32s without spending mana. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you think anyone would ream you for your build. If you likeusing Lifegiver, that's great.
    Well let me explain my rationale a little better.

    I don't use it for the mana gain numbers specifically. I use it to patch that long period of time where we get no regen after we stop casting.

    But like I said, I'm still experimenting. I'm going to keep it for a while just to get a baseline, then drop it at the next free respec for comparison. Or if I get impatient, I'll just do a free plat offer or two.

    Oh yea I figured I'd be reamed because I didn't follow the max damage template. It's an internet forum. Always expect the worst.

    /edit after much spam casting and healing, I think you're right. The small gain and short regen probably isn't worth the skill point.
    Last edited by Yakiniku; 01-11-2013 at 11:15 AM.
    Airys <Average Joes>

  16. #15
    Senior Member Linkincena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    India, In the abode of Himalayas
    Posts
    1,754
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    275
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

    Default

    By using this config.. I found it more effective... for lvl21
    My dodge chance increased 25% from scorch and 25 % from gale force
    +45% damage reduction from shield...and double knockdown from fire and gale... i tested it and found practically good for solo run and team run mob kill strategy ... sometimes critical damage boosts the effect of killing fast...Name:  Screenshot_2013-01-12-11-03-48-1.jpg
Views: 1900
Size:  51.9 KB
    What do you say Royce? What u say everyone?
    Anybody tested this?
    Last edited by Linkincena; 01-12-2013 at 12:33 AM.

  17. #16
    Senior Member Linkincena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    India, In the abode of Himalayas
    Posts
    1,754
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    275
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

    Default

    Name:  Screenshot_2013-01-09-23-36-12-1.jpg
Views: 1875
Size:  44.2 KB

  18. #17
    Senior Member CosmoxKramer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    529
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    40
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    97
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

    Default

    I would do 1 point in lightning strike > life giver because I can pot for about 33% health and at 1800 on my age it heals more than LG. the LS then is another 200-300 damage every few seconds. Just my opinion but it sounds like u have excellent survivability with ur build

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to CosmoxKramer For This Useful Post:


  20. #18
    Senior Member Linkincena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    India, In the abode of Himalayas
    Posts
    1,754
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    275
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

    Default

    Yep..survivability definitely increased

  21. #19
    Senior Member Linkincena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    India, In the abode of Himalayas
    Posts
    1,754
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    275
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    715
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

    Default

    Name:  Screenshot_2013-01-07-10-35-42.jpg
Views: 1917
Size:  127.6 KB

  22. #20
    Banned TheStoic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    470
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    44
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    52
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    fireball 5/5
    Lightning Strike + Empowered Bolt and Electrical Discharge (because my crit is low so i don't use Positive charge)
    Frost Bolt + Ice Wielder for chance at aoe free (nice for elite trash mobs) and Jagged Ice for a bit of extra damage
    Time Shift + Time Bomb and Countdown of Pain (for aoe trash only, don't charge for boss)
    5/5 int
    1/5 damage
    I followed these distribution of points and my elite Jarl farming has never been the same. Plus, I lead the pack, 95% of the time.

    Yes, I still die, but far too less than previous build. The reason I die is because after the bridge, I strike fireball, knockdown mobs, freeze, lightning and fireball...the back-up acts late to help.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Sorcerer Build since update
    By IanJones in forum Sorcerer Class Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:13 PM
  2. Quick help with sorcerer build (just a quickie)
    By xbabybugszx in forum AL General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 11:14 PM
  3. so, anybody find a effective build yet?
    By Warpath in forum DL General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2012, 03:21 AM
  4. Punk's no-stim needed build. Warning: Insanely effective.
    By Punktate in forum Commando Class Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 10-09-2011, 08:25 AM
  5. What is a effective Farming+Pvp+Normal Build!?!
    By Gamelova in forum Warrior Class Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •