Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: List Your Effective Sorcerer Build Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Yea, I love it. Usually the only time I die now from the pack just before Jarl is because the group gets spread out (so fireball doesn't knock em all down) or the freeze doesn't get the archers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

some pretty interesting builds..looks like people are wasting a lot of skill points.

Fireball-3, first and third
    light-first and third
    Ice-first
    Time- third and fourth (third helps in stealing some kills in big mobs ;P)

Passives:
    Critical shot-4
    Knowledge-5
    you need to get your crit as high as possible being a mage, without destroying the build you're looking for. nuke mage

And as we say in PL "PURE INT FTW!!!"
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Passive dmg doesn't make a difference .5 on your dps? doesn't add to dmg. try passive crit shot for a bit you'll enjoy it
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    fireball 5/5
    Lightning Strike + Empowered Bolt and Electrical Discharge (because my crit is low so i don't use Positive charge)
    Frost Bolt + Ice Wielder for chance at aoe free (nice for elite trash mobs) and Jagged Ice for a bit of extra damage
    Time Shift + Time Bomb and Countdown of Pain (for aoe trash only, don't charge for boss)
    5/5 int
    1/5 damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by azefekie View Post
    Passive dmg doesn't make a difference .5 on your dps? doesn't add to dmg. try passive crit shot for a bit you'll enjoy it
    Passive Crit seems to increase overall DPS considerably less than passive damage, though neither does very much. When I get to the point where I have nothing better to spend SP on, I will definitely take damage passive over Crit passive. Crits seem to average less than 200% damage which means 1% Crit is less than 1% Dmg for overall damage output.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Passive Crit seems to increase overall DPS considerably less than passive damage, though neither does very much. When I get to the point where I have nothing better to spend SP on, I will definitely take damage passive over Crit passive. Crits seem to average less than 200% damage which means 1% Crit is less than 1% Dmg for overall damage output.
    I'd rather have 200% more dmg then have low crit and not do it at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I'd rather have 200% more dmg then have low crit and not do it at all
    Your preference is your preference but the math shows passive damage is better for damage in the long run. If crits are 200% damage then 1% damage and 1% Crit have the same effect on overall damage output. If Crit damage is over 200% then Crit is better. If Crits are under 200% damage on average, which seems to be the case, then 1% damage will increase your overall DPS more than 1% Crit. Some people just like to see the big spike damage, which is fine. At the end of the day, neither one provides a tremendous increase in DPS.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

I see what you're saying, what i enjoy is hitting big crits which happens often especially lightning the more i can crit 1300dmg the better. dps isn't my build i want the highest dmg i can for my nuke mage. i've read a lot of your posts i tend to agree with you more then others who act like they know how to build a mage.
    Your preference is your preference but the math shows passive damage is better for damage in the long run. If crits are 200% damage then 1% damage and 1% Crit have the same effect on overall damage output. If Crit damage is over 200% then Crit is better. If Crits are under 200% damage on average, which seems to be the case, then 1% damage will increase your overall DPS more than 1% Crit. Some people just like to see the big spike damage, which is fine. At the end of the day, neither one provides a tremendous increase in DPS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

i don't think crits hit for 200% damage. If you go test it out skills and AA seems to hit for about 125%. this seems to be the case for fireball and frost bolt. I havent' finished testing the others. But 125% damage boost on a crit is pretty sad and week. Go Damage =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You're imagining things, drop that subskill unless you specifically intend for it to be a party booster that does nothing for you (because it is). It gives you 50 more mana every 16s at most, meaning you can cast almost 1 extra skill every 32s without spending mana. Otherwise, I'm not sure why you think anyone would ream you for your build. If you like using Lifegiver, that's great.
    I think it gives more than 50 mana (it scales with INT i think). I am getting consistently +14~+15 mana every tick (for 10 seconds) and I max out INT, so the total is around +150 mana for every 16s. It is still not that useful though.

CORRECTION... I've done a little bit more test, it actually scales with your damage. I unequipped my weapon and, it drops to just +2 mana every tick. Also, there were only 5 ticks during the 10 seconds span, so it's more like +75 mana every 16s at max damage (I am using Watch Rifle at the moment)
    Last edited by wawawa64; 01-17-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

thanks for sharing this Wawawa64. I don't have heal at the moment, but i have wanted to test if the mana changes by skill damage ratio or int. The other mana restore skill restore about 9.5% of you mana, i just never tested out the other one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Interesting, I was just going by the skill description and my limited experience with it when I tested it out at the 16 cap, and it seemed worthless. It shouldn't really scale with Int since its not a mana restore per se but a flat regen boost, but if it does that should definitely be reflected in the skill description. There seems to be very little understanding of regen in general. Maybe there's an overall regen multiplier of some sort. Unfortunately regen in this game is so weak, it's hardly worth testing. Maybe when PvP comes out I'll give it another try.
    Last edited by Royce; 01-17-2013 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Interesting, I was just going by the skill description and my limited experience with it when I tested it out at the 16 cap, and it seemed worthless. It shouldn't really scale with Int since its not a mana restore per se but a flat regen boost, but I'd it does that should definitely be reflected in the skill description. There seems to be very little understanding of regen in general. Maybe there's an overall regen multiplier of some sort. Unfortunately regen in this game is so weak, it's hardly worth testing. Maybe when PvP comes out I'll give it another try.
    Agree. I think it is still weak, and the skill description is misleading.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

A lot of them seem to be like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wawawa64 View Post
    Agree. I think it is still weak, and the skill description is misleading.

Looking forward to some more tests done on this, i found it pretty useless.

As for PvP and CTF coming i can see a lot of players sacrificing a power skill for LG. depending on how it goes i myself might be. Just really hoping it isn't too screwed up and we have to use shield also....4 skill spots doesn't give room for much

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

at level 16 i was testing the OOC (out of combat regen) and it appears that after about 7-8s OOC kicks in. it regened at about 20 m/s. this was true on my Warrior and Sorcerer. I'll have to test it again now at 21, but considering the long regen time, it must be pretty close to 20 m/s still. I really wish instead of a flat 20 m/s it did something more like 5-10% / second in OOC. This may cause Warriors to have to pot every once in a while and maybe sorcerers to not need to do it as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

As for PvP and CTF coming i can see a lot of players sacrificing a power skill for LG. depending on how it goes i myself might be. Just really hoping it isn't too screwed up and we have to use shield also....4 skill spots doesn't give room for much
    This is my greatest fear with the forthcoming PvP update, that sorcerers will all have to nerf themselves for PvE by adding shield and heal, which are both pretty useless in PvE, shield in particular being a total waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

yeah me too, if you had 5 spots i could see it working good for a mage but no so much for the other classes
    This is my greatest fear with the forthcoming PvP update, that sorcerers will all have to nerf themselves for PvE by adding shield and heal, which are both pretty useless in PvE, shield in particular being a total waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Make a 2nd mage =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Here's what I'm testing right now.

Pure int, with EQ and wrathjaw I have 303 with 147.9 dmg and 266.2 dps. Health is 1595 and mana at 3180.

Fireball - Engulf, Ignite, Impact
    Lightning - Empowered
    Frost Bolt - Jagged, Shiver
    Time - Bomb, Pain, Freeze

Passive Knowledge 5/5, Damage 2/5 (not sure if this is doing anything, nothing appeared to change on my screens, but I think I remember reading something about that being glitched atm).

Compared to my last build I am using more health and mana pots atm, but at this point that doesn't matter. Mainly just need to get used to having to do that.

Idea is decent AOE control (charged fireball, run to middle and drop charged clock, move back) and boss damage. Crit is low so didn't take that effect from lightning, don't want to sit and charge every shot so I didn't take that aspect of frost. If the dmg passive isn't helping much I might add those two in later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoic View Post
    I followed these distribution of points and my elite Jarl farming has never been the same. Plus, I lead the pack, 95% of the time.

Yes, I still die, but far too less than previous build. The reason I die is because after the bridge, I strike fireball, knockdown mobs, freeze, lightning and fireball...the back-up acts late to help.
    where is the gale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Im thinking of respeccing and adding heal for pvp, altho im not sure if its worth it. Can somone tell me how much hp lifegiver provides?