Thread: My opinion on Sorcerer Gear from Watch Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default My opinion on Sorcerer Gear from Watch Crates

It looks awsome, but the stats are awful. The weapons are good, but the armor and helms are awful.

INT is obviously the stat most important for a sorcerer. The best level 21 legendary helms & armor for sorcerer give 26 INT per item. Yet for this new watch gear, the best is 10 INT per item. That means for a full set you would lose at least 32 INT. I don't know which sorcerer would want that. Yet all the watch gear adds lots of DEX which is pretty useless to a sorcerer. Most sorcerers prefer STR & INT as the two main stats, with the INT being higher.

Now the issue at hand is that if STS changes the stats of the items, it will screw up the market and people will rage since they may have already bought or sold some of these items and if they now get changed people will be angry.

I think the solution is that STS needs to add a couple more varieties of this gear for sorcerer. Maybe an "of security" version and an "of will" version of both the helm & armor, both of which give STR & INT as the main stats, and NOT dex which sorcerer does not need. Just add these into the drop mix, so that chests that get opened after this update will have a possibility of getting those new types.

I also read there are similar issues with the warrior gear as well? I don't understand how they could release gear that costs plat to obtain, is supposed to be very elite, and yet has such awful stats. I think it's only good for rogues so far.
    Last edited by Justg; 01-14-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1 While I'm happy that rogues get good gear, I don't understand why they would give second rate gear to mages and warriors it's like a punishment or something. Dex isn't the end of the world for a warrior but the stats should bet str>dex or str>int like berserker and juggernaut. I get the feeling that this was some sort of coding mistake and u guys don't want to acknowledge? Don't take that the wrong way I like the chest idea, well done for that just not sure why u would favour rogues with the gear design?

Looking forward to a response on this issue. :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Personally i really dont like the new gear at all, its kind of weak doesnt really improve stats if you have agile gear. Lower armour slight increase in crit or dodge, and not impressed with weapons the daggers are 23 dps weaker thanthe weapon i use, also tried bow and was disapointed.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Lol rogues arent allowed to conplain till they are nerfed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asahetek View Post
    Personally i really dont like the new gear at all, its kind of weak doesnt really improve stats if you have agile gear. Lower armour slight increase in crit or dodge, and not impressed with weapons the daggers are 23 dps weaker thanthe weapon i use, also tried bow and was disapointed.
    I agree that the gear should not be the best in game. Otherwise we are going down the path of "pay to win" since these cost plat to open the chests. But I think the gear should be pretty good, and right now for warriors and sorcerers the gear is pretty awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

What's done is done at this point..everyone who already has the gear has it. But I strongly suggest converting the armour sets into vanity items, as I have mentioned in previous posts around the forum concerning this subject. I love the looks, rather WOW reminiscent, but the stats simply don't fit into the equation. I'm hindered to sport it.....