Thread: Sniping :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Lightbulb Sniping :O

Please note, this is not a guide (might be made into one later), just a small tip. plox no h8

So, you're fighting a dex mage. You run forward in hopes them. Next thing you know, you've been drained, blasted back, and they run back, unscathed. If you're still alive, you find yourself frozen and beckoning/blasting, but unable to reach them while they easily reach you.

Now you make a mage, in hopes of producing similar rage-creating affects. But you're lost as to how to do this.

I call this method "sniping" (Very useful, esp. as a death mage or xbow mage at 50-60, but can be used at any level if good enough)

What you NEED to have is maxed out

Blessing of Might (For damage/crit)
    Fire
    Drain
    (And of course, other skills)

Some points in ice

As a mage, I would first recommend getting some knowledge of pvping. The key to this is KNOWING YOUR RANGES (I'm sure theres a guide out there, I'll post link later)

Fire is a 12m skill
    Ice is a 12m skill
    Drain is a 10m skill

After you've mastered your ranges, you can start using this.
    Basically, you run forward, hit drain, then fire, then step back really fast. But you'll say, drain is 10m, beckon and blast shot and fire are both 12m! How do you not get hit?

How do skills work in game?
    The range of the skill takes place AS SOON AS YOU USE IT. By draining at EXACTLY 10m, then firing them back, then running back at the same time, you create the affect that your ranges are actually further than written.

This is the first process in "sniping"
    If your enemy is still alive, you can run forward, ICE them, and then run back really quickly. You'll know if your ice has hit if the snowflake you shoot out goes in a different direction (towards the enemy) than you're facing. You freeze them, wait for them to use skills, then run back in, ice/fire, and then rinse and repeat with drain.

This is a very powerful tactic, esp. in 1v1 fights with any class (though not as good vs dodge bears). If you get caught or mess up/lag/teleport, mana shield and try to get away.

This can be used with any weapon, though the auto oftentimes is the deciding factor. If you use a long-ranged weapon, your auto can chip in to help lower their health/mana, but if you use a wand/staff, and your auto isn't in range, you can trick them into delaying mana shield as a mage or just downright make them rage.

I know this is really confusing, I'll edit it later and add in more stuff (I'm not at home right now).
    I'm sure experience pvpers know about this and can understand what I've said.

-BS

EDIT: If this thread gets enough support and hasn't already been taken (the idea of "sniping") and isn't flamed/hated, I might post this as a guide with headings and everything
    Last edited by Bunnyshoota; 01-14-2013 at 09:47 PM.
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Drain is 10m now... Like a baws. This is useful against birds, but it you face a bear that knows what he's doing... Well, good luck...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Drain is 10m now... Like a baws. This is useful against birds, but it you face a bear that knows what he's doing... Well, good luck...
    True
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

Drain is 12m...
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jig For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

The technique you described is know as kiting to most people. Its well done imo but you should mention the shifting range depending on whether you chase or are chased. Makes it vital to hit fire to keep a save distance.
    Drain is and always has been 12m range.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Kiting existed 2012. This is only Applicable to pvp 50+. You simply die by a beckon stomp by bears, or scream+blast by birds.

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Especially a haxing bear