Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Paladin Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

srry for double post but aren't rhino's skills scaled with int? why only 37 int for just ring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Because 1 point of int, 1 point of str, 1 point of dex, does relatively little to your overall stats. It is important to think of base stats as item wearing prerequisites rather than trying to get stat advantages from them. 37 int is necessary for the ring, so 37 int it is.

2 int only adds 1 skill damage to the rhino's most powerful skill, Holy Tempest. This means that a 50% str, 50% int rhino gains about 90-ish damage which will barely tickle mobs with several thousand HP. Meanwhile, Rhino skills have 5-6 second cooldowns and are hardly anything to scream about. What I mean is, adding a lot of int will not do much to your character. The majority of skill damage comes from equipped weapon.

A second aspect to consider is, whenever you want damage, dex is always a better choice. Dex adds dodge which is THE MOST important stat of a tank; it also adds more crit n base damage than int does. I play a 50% str and 50% dex rhino, and the Molten set surpasses any benefits I can gain from int. Using Molten Raptorhide Helm, Molten Whipcord Leather, Molten Trickster Wing, and Lvl75 Beastly Dragonscale Scythe, I have 66% critical (unbuffed), 361-381 damage, and 19% dodge (unbuffed). How's that for a "tank" class? I can easily slip back into a Str set whenever I feel threatened.

So, this means that rhinos will want as little int as possible; 37 int for the lower levels for the ring, and re-spec it back into str and dex in the endgame. I am now using an Acrobat's Fine Iron Band for dodge.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-10-2013 at 02:32 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whisperwalk For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee View Post
    how does brute force improve over time at each rank?
    It doesn't. Each rank will give increase you chance to dodge by 1%. That can be useful, but its generally best to put points into other skills.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Battlegrinder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whisperwalk View Post
    Because 1 point of int, 1 point of str, 1 point of dex, does relatively little to your overall stats. It is important to think of base stats as item wearing prerequisites rather than trying to get stat advantages from them. 37 int is necessary for the ring, so 37 int it is.

2 int only adds 1 skill damage to the rhino's most powerful skill, Holy Tempest. This means that a 50% str, 50% int rhino gains about 90-ish damage which will barely tickle mobs with several thousand HP. Meanwhile, Rhino skills have 5-6 second cooldowns and are hardly anything to scream about. What I mean is, adding a lot of int will not do much to your character. The majority of skill damage comes from equipped weapon.

A second aspect to consider is, whenever you want damage, dex is always a better choice. Dex adds dodge which is THE MOST important stat of a tank; it also adds more crit n base damage than int does. I play a 50% str and 50% dex rhino, and the Molten set surpasses any benefits I can gain from int. Using Molten Raptorhide Helm, Molten Whipcord Leather, Molten Trickster Wing, and Lvl75 Beastly Dragonscale Scythe, I have 66% critical (unbuffed), 361-381 damage, and 19% dodge (unbuffed). How's that for a "tank" class? I can easily slip back into a Str set whenever I feel threatened.

So, this means that rhinos will want as little int as possible; 37 int for the lower levels for the ring, and re-spec it back into str and dex in the endgame. I am now using an Acrobat's Fine Iron Band for dodge.
    Thanks for clearing this up! I appreciate your well thought out and polite reply. Great job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Heh...another question...guardian says it protects caster, so should i put more points in it early on so that i get a longer protection time?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Well I finally finished my comprehensive guide so you can have a look at the levelup cheat sheet.

Guardian is not a high priority because the first killer debuff is "Gravestoned" at Nuri's Hallows (Lvl 55). You'll only want it earlier for low level PVP. The most important skills for Rhino are Restore, Vital Force, and Holy Tempest. Get three of these ASAP the rest can take time.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-12-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whisperwalk View Post
    Well I finally finished my comprehensive guide so you can have a look at the levelup cheat sheet.

Guardian is not a high priority because the first killer debuff is "Gravestoned" at Nuri's Hallows (Lvl 55). You'll only want it earlier for low level PVP. The most important skills for Rhino are Restore, Vital Force, and Holy Tempest. Get three of these ASAP the rest can take time.
    I meant guardian not for the debuff removal, but for the protection part

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee View Post
    I meant guardian not for the debuff removal, but for the protection part
    Get it straight after the triad Restore/Vital Force/Holy Tempesh are maxed. Armor and dodge are good.