Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: the drop rate of new crates fix please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default the drop rate of new crates fix please

Please make the drop rate on the new crates much lower its ridiculous how many chests come in auction its overflooding price is 2900 atm for a pink chests its ridiculous

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. We are evaluating how the new Crates are being used, their frequency and such. Look for refinements in future updates.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. We are evaluating how the new Crates are being used, their frequency and such. Look for refinements in future updates.
    If they were a much rarer ocurance I think people would be happier with them.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    They are not dropping for me. Do increase the drop rate. I played 8-10 hours straight and not a single crate drop for me.

Just voicing out because not everyone feels the drop rates are high.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yeah, I've only personally dropped 3 crates so far. Must be a different location or just people are not opening them...

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ty cause there over 200+ crates in prices gone to 2500 for pink chests its really rediculous cause u cant make any money on them anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

The drop rate is just fine, the fact that nobody wants to open them is what's bringing the prices down.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Matutd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Prices are low because the gear in them is not worth anything. I don't think lowering the drop rate at this point is going to improve the prices of the crates. Would you buy a crate for 10-20k gold and spend 15 plat (the equivalent on an additional 15k in gold) to open a crate that contains a pink worth less than 1k in gold?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

15 plat price to open is what's killing the price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Question for everyone: How many genuine drops have you gotten? Not rerolls. Cuz i've farmed a ton and seen easily 30-40 drop, not a single one was a genuine drop.

Drop rates are fine where they are imo.

EDIT: Well, genuine drop rates could use a bump up. Don't want plat users to be the only ones able to get drops.
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 01-15-2013 at 02:05 PM.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think the gear should be better, and the crates should be rarer. You are actually discouraging me from getting a luck elixir since an elite gold chest is better than the watch crate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Why not complain about the drop rate on loki, malison and kettle? they're the ones that need to be fixed, it's probably because you don't have them..then when you get em and start making gold off ones you don't and once the price drops you'll complain about that too...drop rate on some things shouldn't change, some pets should of stayed hard to get. crate chests suck, you want the gear in them? the cs is flooded with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by plate View Post
    Please make the drop rate on the new crates much lower its ridiculous how many chests come in auction its overflooding price is 2900 atm for a pink chests its ridiculous
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Apperently you have no idea what you talk about so just dont talk.
    First i do have kettle malison and lokis 2nd the drop rate is way to high 2 days ago the whole crate ah got bought out and in less then 3 mins there were 170+ new crates thats rediculous there legendary crates they should be hard to get. And yea maybe the plat price iss to high but if i see the prices in ah of the items come out crates there over 400k so there are good items in there aswel the price atm is 1790 there already cheaper then banded coppers its a freaking joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gotta be careful when playing with drop rates.

Some players are crying about it here but they stocked up on crates and they are gonna jack up the prices once the drop rate gets decreased.
    Videa - 21 Rogue / Aeonic - 14 Warrior / Jacht - 9 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Just as a possibly interesting data point, I hadn't dropped a single crate, then got the 60 min multi-elixer from Klaas and dropped 5 in the next hour. Haven't dropped one since. Kind of strange.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videa View Post
    Gotta be careful when playing with drop rates.

Some players are crying about it here but they stocked up on crates and they are gonna jack up the prices once the drop rate gets decreased.
    Bad move on their part if they do, changing the drop rate won't change the fact that only rogue armors are decent. Heck, even the heroic vest of stability armor for rogue that has same stats with demonlord leather of stability is priced at 20k, while the demonlord sells for 200k minimum. Weapons? Dark watch swords are the only ones that are worth it. Accessories? Only the strength version of watchman's ring is worth it. So to unlock a crate worth 15 plat for those 2 possible items as opposed to opening elite banded chests, (if ever they be priced the same because of adjusted drop rates), with a lot more possible rewards, what will you buy?

Let's say you have 30k gold, would you buy 1 elite golden banded? 3 elite silver banded? Or 1-3 locked crates, with an additional 15 plat to unlock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

yes i know what you're complaining about, you wanna make more gold. find something else to farm stop crying
    Quote Originally Posted by plate View Post
    Apperently you have no idea what you talk about so just dont talk.
    First i do have kettle malison and lokis 2nd the drop rate is way to high 2 days ago the whole crate ah got bought out and in less then 3 mins there were 170+ new crates thats rediculous there legendary crates they should be hard to get. And yea maybe the plat price iss to high but if i see the prices in ah of the items come out crates there over 400k so there are good items in there aswel the price atm is 1790 there already cheaper then banded coppers its a freaking joke
    Mains- PL Mage: Azefekie (Runazeisback)
    AL Mage: GodsTouch

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azefekie For This Useful Post:

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I think drop rate is fine. Afterall it requires plat to open. Im content at spending 2,900 gold and 15 plat for one dope *** gear piece hahaha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The drop rate is pretty high. I got two in a row and had three in 15 minutes of doing elite maps
    last night. Just too bad they are almost worthless.
    ARCANE Level 41 Warrior, Level 41 Sorcerer
    Pocket Legends Level 75 Enchantress, Level 75 Warrior, Level 75 Archer,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I think that the drop rate is fine personally.

It's more a matter of people are just farming like crazy - especially when you get a Re-Roll Elixir or a Combo Elixir.

I have only dropped one, maybe two natural Crate drops. Had probably 8-10 with a Re-Roll.

I don't know about anyone else, but whenever I get a Re-Roll Elixir, I start farming Brackenridge aggressively (both normal and elite). Jarl is easy to beat, and the map only takes a minute or two (even in elite mode) so with a 60 minute combo elixir, I can farm elite Jarl ~30-35 times or I can run the normal map completely (Thunk and Jarl) about 40 times as well. That's a tremendous opportunity for rerolls - even if the drop rate is 1% I am almost guaranteed to get at least one Crate drop during that hour.

The truth is that there is more farming going on in AL than I ever remember in PL. I've never seen a map farmed as aggressively as Jarl in PL. Even when I was doing Keeper runs in PL, I never ran it this many times.

I would love to see some statistics from the devs to determine where the most heavily farmed maps are. I would think that Brackenridge, Rooks Nest, Rooks Hideout, Arcanum Castle and Tower of Mardrom would be the most popular (in that order).

The recipe for successful farming is quick runs and repetition.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained