Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What would you like to see in the next revision?

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,514 Posts

Default What would you like to see in the next revision?

We're planning on submitting a new version to Apple once the iPhone version is approved. What's on your wish list of things for us to fix or address? What currently annoys you?

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lightbulb

You've actually already fixed my biggest issues.

But here are a couple more based on some of the minor annoyances I've found while playing:

It's too easy to move the character by accident when using the touch to move option. Per Fitts's law it might make sense to move the buttons right up to the edge of the screen, perhaps with a bit of a dead zone. Though an option to double click to move might work. Or even, allow multi finger clicks to be assigned as shortcuts for certain abilities, assuming the ipad/iphone/ipod touch supports it. For example I might assign healing to tapping with four fingers. Frost to three, and fire to two. Though number of gestures should be keep very small.

A slight improvement to the target selection might be nice as well. It's too easy currently to end up splitting the party attacking different groups of monsters since clicking the attack button seems to pick the closest one to the character which might not be the same as the rest of the party is attacking. Combined with the auto movement to get closer to the target this tends to pull groups apart in areas of dense monsters. Could the logic be tweaked slightly so that if you don't have a monster selected and a party member is attacking a nearby monster that it is considered slightly closer than it actually is for target selection. Example mob A is 11 units away, B is 12 units away and C is 30 units away. Lets say the "party attacking adjustment" was 5 units, if the someone else in the party was attacking B, it would be picked over A. But if they were attacking C, A would be picked since C is much further away even adjusted. Nice thing about this approach is that it feels more natural to the players and doesn't require another button such as an assist character button used in many similar games.
    My characters: Sarana - Elf Enchantress, Areila - Avian Archer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daphne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like to see one zone of "Ye olde towne" and a reason for having a neutral zone, like trading. If there was one neutral zone it would allow for more casual player interaction with others and if there was a trade function then there would be more of a reason for a neutral zone.

PvP would be great too but I understand that it's takes a lot of time to implement something like that.

I like the game a lot so far. Looking forward to seeing how it will progress!

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Right now there is a limit of 25 characters per town for performance reasons. We may be moving to a slightly different currency system which would allow us to put vendors in townes. Trading is also possible but we want to make sure we have the economy under control before implementing anything like that. PvP... on the Short List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Cosmetic Change - Action Cooldown Timers

I was fortunate to give PL a go last night on a friends iPad, and I truly liked everything I saw. One thing I would like to see changed, however, is purely cosmetic. The Action Button Cooldown Timers. When I finally get this on my iphone, I can imagine having all these little red progress bars can become a strain on the eyes to see when they are full. This has the potential to detract from the gameplay because either the action isn't ready yet, or I'm moving the phone up to my face to see if the action is infact ready or not.

I have two possible solutions, although I only mocked up one :P If you take a look at the attachment, you'll see that the action button's cooldown timer is represented by the icon going from dark to it's normal color saturation to indicate that the action is ready. Now I know we've seen this before in other games, but it works, it saves valuable realestate on such a tiny screen, and the method in which it's implemented here is different.

Name:  cooldown..jpg
Views: 283
Size:  18.9 KB

The second option is to just change the progress bar to a different color value when it is at 100% to indicate that it's ready. This would solve any issues of glancing at it and thinking 98% = 100%.

Lastly, one final request I have is with regards to farming. From what I noticed in my first go last night, you can pretty much run around and open treasure boxes at will. This means someone can log into my instance, farm all the loot while I'm busy on the mobs, and then zone out, ultimately spoiling the rest of the run for me.

Please require that the mobs near a treasure chest must be taken down before the treasure box can be accessed/opened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by FeralDruid View Post
    Lastly, one final request I have is with regards to farming. From what I noticed in my first go last night, you can pretty much run around and open treasure boxes at will. This means someone can log into my instance, farm all the loot while I'm busy on the mobs, and then zone out, ultimately spoiling the rest of the run for me.
    Everyone in the zone gets an equal share of treasure from the chests when they are open from what I've seen, so that shouldn't matter. Notice the + gold stuff that appears above everyones head when the chest are open. Seems to work from some distance away, as I got a share of treasure near the start once while running back after dying on the boss near the end of a zone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    Everyone in the zone gets an equal share of treasure from the chests when they are open from what I've seen, so that shouldn't matter. Notice the + gold stuff that appears above everyones head when the chest are open. Seems to work from some distance away, as I got a share of treasure near the start once while running back after dying on the boss near the end of a zone.
    I'm not so much concerned about loot sharing, more about losing the reward factor in clearing the instance in the first place. Unless theres an instance cap per hour, this has the potential to become ugly once the community becomes larger and people are more interested in farming items. I found no pleasure in working on a mob solo only to have a guy zone in, grab the loots, and then zone out.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,514 Posts

I'm not so much concerned about loot sharing, more about losing the reward factor in clearing the instance in the first place. Unless theres an instance cap per hour, this has the potential to become ugly once the community becomes larger and people are more interested in farming items. I found no pleasure in working on a mob solo only to have a guy zone in, grab the loots, and then zone out.
    You can always make your instance private if you don't want other players to enter your game.

-ALS

10.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,514 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    You've actually already fixed my biggest issues.

But here are a couple more based on some of the minor annoyances I've found while playing:

It's too easy to move the character by accident when using the touch to move option. Per Fitts's law it might make sense to move the buttons right up to the edge of the screen, perhaps with a bit of a dead zone. Though an option to double click to move might work. Or even, allow multi finger clicks to be assigned as shortcuts for certain abilities, assuming the ipad/iphone/ipod touch supports it. For example I might assign healing to tapping with four fingers. Frost to three, and fire to two. Though number of gestures should be keep very small.

A slight improvement to the target selection might be nice as well. It's too easy currently to end up splitting the party attacking different groups of monsters since clicking the attack button seems to pick the closest one to the character which might not be the same as the rest of the party is attacking. Combined with the auto movement to get closer to the target this tends to pull groups apart in areas of dense monsters. Could the logic be tweaked slightly so that if you don't have a monster selected and a party member is attacking a nearby monster that it is considered slightly closer than it actually is for target selection. Example mob A is 11 units away, B is 12 units away and C is 30 units away. Lets say the "party attacking adjustment" was 5 units, if the someone else in the party was attacking B, it would be picked over A. But if they were attacking C, A would be picked since C is much further away even adjusted. Nice thing about this approach is that it feels more natural to the players and doesn't require another button such as an assist character button used in many similar games.
    Did you know you can change your target by tapping on a new one? However, next build should include some improvements to tap targeting. During beta, we debated a lot about target selection, and concluded that target closest seemed to be the most logical.

-ALS

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I was fortunate to give PL a go last night on a friends iPad, and I truly liked everything I saw. One thing I would like to see changed, however, is purely cosmetic. The Action Button Cooldown Timers. When I finally get this on my iphone, I can imagine having all these little red progress bars can become a strain on the eyes to see when they are full. This has the potential to detract from the gameplay because either the action isn't ready yet, or I'm moving the phone up to my face to see if the action is infact ready or not.
    Great feedback and I've added this to my list. (it's been bugging me too, but several higher priority things have come up.) Thanks so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and mock it up, I was planning to do something similar to what you suggested.
    Thanks!
    Jakis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I've had this for a day and due to work, only got to play it for about 4 hours or so. I leveled a Warrior to 12 so far. I absolutely love this game. Clearly, there was a lot of love and care put into this game.

Since I play WoW, I compare this to WoW. Whether that is fair or not, it does offer some comparisons that show possible things that could be added to PL.

1) I have read the guide on the webpage and read through the forums. Reading through the forums, I saw that you max out at 13 unless you buy new map packs. This is similar to a free WoW trial. I understand you have to make money and I am so addicted to PL now that I will be upgrading after I get all 3 class chars to 13. However, unless I missed something (and I may have), I don't see anywhere where it is clear to the new user that level 13 is the max without going to newly purchased areas. It would be nice, upon reaching level 13, that you are given the information that you can certainly continue to play to gain gold and items, but that going past level 13 requires the purchase of new game content. It might also be nice to put that in the guide or an FAQ. I use forums a lot but a lot of people don't and might not have stumbled upon that.

2) Since I have only been playing 4 hours, I don't have the map names memorized yet and what their difficulties are. So, I get confused when trying to join a game or even create one as to what level the mobs are in the game. From reading the forums, I saw that you can't get XP for mobs killed that are more than 3 levels below you. This makes sense, but it would be nice if it where clear what mob level you were going to join. Especially since a new player might want to tag along with a friend but doesn't realize his lvl 1 is in a lvl 13 zone. I know in WoW, if I am level 20, I am going to stay in areas for my level and not jump over to a level 80 area. Again, I know PL is not WoW, it is just something I am using to make a point. As for the levels of the mobs, are they all the same on each level? Meaning, on a particular map, are they all level 8 and then the next map, level 9? Or are the mobs on a same map different levels? Are the bosses the same level as the mobs with better armor or are they a higher level. It would be nice if there was an option to turn on that would simply display a number above each creatures head with the level they are. If the boss is elite, but the same level, then maybe one color for normal mobs and another for the boss. I understand this might not look pretty but it would be nice as an option to turn on. I would leave it turned off by default if added if you are worried about cosmetics.

3) Not so much a suggestion as a question regarding XP & Gold. If I solo (by password protecting my game) will I get more gold from the chests and more XP from each kill then if I was splitting it with a party. This is a comparison from WoW as well. If this is the case, it would be good to know in a FAQ so that if you want to level up quickly, you could choose to solo or if you wanted more gold to yourself you could choose to solo. I personally hope it is the opposite of WoW, in that no matter if there is 1 player or 5 players then, the XP for a creature kill is the same for all chars and the gold is the same for all chars. So, if a creature gives you 20 XP and the treasure chest gives you 7G, then everyone gets 20 XP and 7G, rather then splitting it evenly among the party. I think this is key to encouraging game play with multiple persons. If I know that I am splitting the gold and XP with other people, I might choose to solo a lot so that I have the gold to purchase items, but I miss out on the party play which is really one of the best parts of this game.

4) One more thing, I just noticed this. I know you say you don't get XP for chars that are 3 levels below you. Well, was checking out something with the UI, so I logged into a game on the first level. There were two new level 1 chars there. I decided to do some easy killing and help them out. Well, I noticed that it kept saying XP above my head. So, since I am level 12, would that mean these mobs were level 9 for level 1s to fight? Or was I actually getting XP (which would be an error) ? Or was it just saying XP but I did not receive anyway (another error) ? Or am I just crazy (wait, don't answer that one)?

Anyway, those are some of my suggestions. I am going to go play now.
    Last edited by setec; 04-07-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: added #4
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Did you know you can change your target by tapping on a new one? However, next build should include some improvements to tap targeting. During beta, we debated a lot about target selection, and concluded that target closest seemed to be the most logical.

-ALS
    Yes, but once I've launched an attack at the "unexpected" target it's a bit to late, and also about half the time when I try to click on a mob to change target I end up moving instead. I can see why closest makes a lot of sense, was just suggesting it have a slight bias towards mobs already in combat. Looking forward to the tap targeting improvements.

I'm a bit of an RPer.... I can just imagine my enchantress saying something like:
    "Sorry I didn't mean to blast you with a fire bolt just yet, could you kindly just stand over there pretending that you are still blissfully unaware of our presence, whilst my teammates and I deal with the rest of your colleagues? No? Oh well, guess you might as well come over and join the scuffle. Mind the ice." ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would kill for a "Heal Me!" emote. By the time you type it in, you're dead ^_^

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Spacetime Studios Dev Spacetime Games's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kremin View Post
    I would kill for a "Heal Me!" emote. By the time you type it in, you're dead ^_^
    You can always set one of your Quick Chat options to: "OMG HEAL ME NOW PLS"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A remember password option on the login screen would be ace.
    Maxdps (Archer) on Alterra
    ..Give us the tools, and we will create worlds..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ahaha..... The 'HA HA HA HA HA HE HE HE' song on the menu pleasse!!! xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Great Job

I will admit that you guys went above and beyond for this game. I do have some issues.
    1. Costs: I understand the account stuff. I am a little concerned when stage packs and item packs for a given dungeon are separate costs. If you have to pay $4 for every 10 character levels (corresponding to one dungeon) then if you want to get to level 100 (in theory) you would have to pay $40. You are also talking about arenas, which I expect will cost extra. My main concern is that if you really want to get the most from this game, you will have to spend up towards $100.
    2. Stash: Characters need a way to transfer items from one char to another without a second player. I don't see a way to do this yet. My mage has a rare archer armor and I have no way to get it to my archer.
    3. Auto-target: Sometimes loses target after one attack = very bad as a low health mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'd love to have in game some "party option" if you are once leader you should have chance to kick somebody out off party (players which are not playing just gettin xp) or invite your friends to party... maybe would be great to make easier way to get into dungeon... lot off people which connect to game dont know how to get out of town(anyway i think that if you want to play you will find some way how to do it)... And last thing... the idea of world (like Lineage WoW) is not bad idea it will be much easier go out of "neutral zone"(town) to hunt monsters.. and how far you will go you will meet stronger and stronger monsters (always you can have some "special dungeons" for money)

EDIT: maybe something like "PM"(personal messages) in game would be great
    EDIT2: if you can make normal chat without clicking on "custom"

PS: hope you understand everything and that any of my idea will me added to new version.. even so i am lookin foward to new release
    Last edited by mefiik; 04-09-2010 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Great game, some small problems :D

hey so first i would like to say congradulations for making an amazing game. Its so good it even pulled me away from bad company 2 so thats an acheivement all its own. There are some bugs ( as expected ) and i just wanted to inform you of them for the update.

#1. Friends list - i am ( it seems to be after i join a game ) not able to join my friends games. I have to reboot the game and then it works ( but only once then i have to reboot again ).

#2. When you attack an ememy they will only go for the first one that hit it. This can be anoying for you and the rest of the group as a boss will just follow you for the entire battle.

#3. if you were able to create partys or some kind of group that would be awesome ( maby some kind of group lobby ? )

#4. Sending messages to friends

#5. This may be excesive but i just think having some kind of a voice chat ( this is where the party option would come in hand ) would make this game even better. This would also greately improve the longevity of the game creating more of a social network of players.

Other than that, great job. Hopefully all of those things can be addressed.

Those who are actualy part of the pocket legends developers if you could add me that would be much apprectiated ( Wazup ) i would really like to play with you, or maby contribute to the games development.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by MrPwn; 04-09-2010 at 01:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Larger maps or more zones

I would love to see 'Towne' larger or new places like that where people can hang out...
    NO MATTER WHAT, I AM PROUD TO HAVE OWNED THE FIRST EVER GUILD