Thread: Horn of Renewal Inquery

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Horn of Renewal Inquery

1. Horn of Renew gives a buff for a certain amount of time that heals the user and everyone in range. How long exactly is this buff? (No upgrade)
    2. Increased Duration upgrade, how long does it make the buff last? How long is that 25% increase?
    3. Challenge (charged), will it work at 8m even if I did not take the Increased Ranged upgrade?
    4. Protective Shield (charged), is it affected by Increased Duration upgrade? Will the 2 sec increase also?

Sorry for all the noob question guys, new here. Don't wanna waste those 7 silver coin thing on resetting my character.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

1it writes at the info of the skill. how long..
    2 calculate
    3 nope
    4 not sure, but i guess not.
    IGNs :Shiftrofl -> warrior (main)
    Shiftlol -> rogue
    Shiftfun -> warrior (16twink)
    Shiftlmao -> mage (16twink)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by da_shift View Post
    1it writes at the info of the skill. how long..
    2 calculate
    3 nope
    4 not sure, but i guess not.
    If you're going to take the time to respond, you could all east answer his questions, lol. You're actually wrong, by the way...

1. The heal lasts 6 seconds.
    2. 25%, or one-fourth, of 6 is 1.5, so the upgraded duration of the heal is 7.5 seconds.
    3. Actually, Yes. The taunt is 8m, regardless if you have the upgrade that increases the heal range. (tested and confirmed).
    4. The shield duration only gets increased to 2.5 seconds, since 25% of 2 is 0.5.
    Last edited by Wizard_Mike; 01-16-2013 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Never try to post while feeding a baby... lol
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard_Mike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    If you're going to take the time to respond, you could all east answer his questions, lol. You're actually wrong, by the way...

1. The heal lasts 6 seconds.
    2. 25%, or one-fourth, of 6 is 1.5, so the upgraded duration of the heal is 7.5 seconds.
    3. Actually, Yes. The taunt is 8m, regardless if you have the upgrade that increases the heal range. (tested and confirmed).
    4. The shield duration only gets increased to 2.5 seconds, since 25% of 2 is 0.5.
    Thanks for the reply Sir.
    So basically the Increased Duration upgrade only adds 1 more heal in your buff, making it 5 heals every use of the skill. While on the Protective Shield upgrade 2.5 secs seems pretty small. I'm finding those 2 upgrade a waste of skill points. I read somewhere in this forum that Protective Shield also applies to the user, not only to allies. Is proven already?

Can someone explain to me the importance of those two upgrades, the Increased Duration and Protective Shield.

Currently my skills now are

Vengeful Blood - all upgrade
    windmill - increased Radius, Blender, Prolong Duration
    Chest Splitter - Staggering Blow
    Horn of Renew - nothing upgraded yet, but sure on Challenge.

Thanks again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ATR-AL View Post
    Can someone explain to me the importance of those two upgrades, the Increased Duration and Protective Shield.

Thanks again.
    Once you used the Shield and Increased Duration buffs, you would never want to part with them again.

The Shield is extremely useful when it comes to Elite runs and such. I should think that in PvP this upgrade would also have is uses. As with all Pvp arenas in any global MMO series, combos will be invented and used frequently.

To define 'combo', it's a rapid series of attacks consisting of skills and weapon damage that is fired away in rapid succession and in a certain order. This is to increase the effectiveness of the overall damage and survivability.

So, having a Shield that blocks all incoming damage from a combo for 2.5 seconds is priceless and in my opinion, is a must-have. The Increased Duration thus makes it a good ol' 2.5 seconds.

But it's pretty much up to personal preference, as some would like to upgrade their offensive skills, thus giving up on this powerful survivability skill. It really depends on how it fits into your combo. Have fun!
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    Once you used the Shield and Increased Duration buffs, you would never want to part with them again.

The Shield is extremely useful when it comes to Elite runs and such. I should think that in PvP this upgrade would also have is uses. As with all Pvp arenas in any global MMO series, combos will be invented and used frequently.

To define 'combo', it's a rapid series of attacks consisting of skills and weapon damage that is fired away in rapid succession and in a certain order. This is to increase the effectiveness of the overall damage and survivability.

So, having a Shield that blocks all incoming damage from a combo for 2.5 seconds is priceless and in my opinion, is a must-have. The Increased Duration thus makes it a good ol' 2.5 seconds.

But it's pretty much up to personal preference, as some would like to upgrade their offensive skills, thus giving up on this powerful survivability skill. It really depends on how it fits into your combo. Have fun!
    Thanks for the reply Sir! It has enlightened!