Thread: A money making idea for devs (pinks in item packs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A money making idea for devs (pinks in item packs)

Hey, you all might not have noticed but you know those item packs you can buy for 10 plat can drop pinks. i have gotten two pinks from it, they suck but are incredibly rare, no trade and i have never seen or heard of them dropping before.

they have been of mastery/legend but still very cool. they seem to be randomly generated. First of all i think 10 plat is a little steep for this considering you can buy better items with the same amount of plat. If the price were lowered a bit and some new items were introduced i think the devs would have many more people buying them. And also, fill in the gaps. right now there is only lvl 5, 10 and 30 packs. Now on to the new idea.

So consider this. Ideally you would continue putting pinks in there that ONLY drop from plat packs. Not insane stats or anything but visually appealing. They can even be recycled graphics, maybe AO2 graphics. But here is the kicker. New stats.....

Helm of Flight
    7 dex/str/int +20% run speed

Armor of Chance
    7 dex/str/int + 10% luck

Shield of Knowledge
    7 dex/str/int + 3m/s party buff? or maybe mana buff appears every 30 seconds and players can walk into the shield or maybe just drops them and they fade after 10 seconds.

wand/sword/dagger of Regeneration
    7 dex/str/int + 3h/s party buff or they other idea mentioned above.

These are totally off the top of my head and maybe too complicated BUT, the run speed one is totally do able. People would flip over that.

discuss...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Nice idea, BTW, I wasted like 40 plat on the expansions, and got 3 purples ^.^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Cool perks and more dinero in the dev's pockets? I'm all for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Will that mean my purples will get the boost too? Because I spent like 50 plat on them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I HATE repetive weapons and bosses ect. It makes me think that the devs are just either to busy or to lazy to come up with a new epic looking design for the weapon or boss...Like the Lesser Djinns....They look like seth. And the Demon claws look like talons! I mean cmon can't they make an epic looking demon claw. That actually looks like a demon claw? Sorry for the complaining but its just one of my pet peeves with this game. But good work devs I'm greatly anticipating ao3 and i m hoping it will have some weapons that look unique AWESOME work devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

considering i have 14 plat left and do not want to get more till October (AO3), I can wait to test this out. I never used these things due to the fact that plat items DO usually end up rotting in stash...

edit: i would though if they offered special super item chance packs
    Last edited by Arterra; 09-22-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...