Thread: Make all Coins account bound like platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Default Make all Coins account bound like platinum

Is it possible to get all "Coin" types to be account bound like Plat?

It's faily annoying to have to. Over money to the Stash then switch character to pic it up. Then it would be nice to get Hauntlet and Story tokens merged as well. This could allow STS to also make more/better pets from those tokens and higher prices than 200-250.

Also, if you have some of me and Wizard_mike's suggestions on making some Elite coins where you get coins for completing elite dungeons and they can be used to buy the elite gear you are hoping to get through random chest drops. I think getting people to actually run elites will help with the burnout on the game that currently happens because people just farm Jarlx200 times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    Is it possible to get all "Coin" types to be account bound like Plat?

It's faily annoying to have to. Over money to the Stash then switch character to pic it up. Then it would be nice to get Hauntlet and Story tokens merged as well. This could allow STS to also make more/better pets from those tokens and higher prices than 200-250.

Also, if you have some of me and Wizard_mike's suggestions on making some Elite coins where you get coins for completing elite dungeons and they can be used to buy the elite gear you are hoping to get through random chest drops. I think getting people to actually run elites will help with the burnout on the game that currently happens because people just farm Jarlx200 times.
    No to buying story and hauntlet tokens. This would ruin the market for the few pets remaining that are actually worth something. You just have to work for it.

Some sort of elite token would be awesome, as long as the gear/pets/awards are worth there price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    No to buying story and hauntlet tokens. This would ruin the market for the few pets remaining that are actually worth something. You just have to work for it.
    I don't think he said anything about buying story/hauntlet tokens. Just stashing them.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Bad idea peeps would spend 120 plat for 10 toons and generate cilton eggs every 5 days... At its extreme
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

No thanks. Why have everything be the same? Or easy?

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    No thanks. Why have everything be the same? Or easy?
    This totally explains your personality Fyrcie. LOL!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to captaintuttle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin:931930
    Bad idea peeps would spend 120 plat for 10 toons and generate cilton eggs every 5 days... At its extreme
    Idk, story and hauntlet tokens wouldn't be like the daily rewards, you do actually have to work for them. If people want to run the same 4 story missions 10 times every day, i'm fine with that if it does come at a cost to them.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I don't think he said anything about buying story/hauntlet tokens. Just stashing them.
    Ok my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Idk, story and hauntlet tokens wouldn't be like the daily rewards, you do actually have to work for them. If people want to run the same 4 story missions 10 times every day, i'm fine with that if it does come at a cost to them.
    Someone with a 50 toon army gets 1 Colton a day? That doesn't ruin the market?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch:931977
    Someone with a 50 toon army gets 1 Colton a day? That doesn't ruin the market?
    I didn't say it wouldn't, but this isn't about you being able to make more money than the next guy (at least in my mind, I for one plan on earning my egg and keeping the pet then i'm not doing another story quest until more pets come out).

If someone were to pay for tons of toons to shorten the amount of time it would take them then i'm okay with that because they are still doing the exact same amount of work i'm doing to get the same thing. Sorry if that hurts your profit from something you get for free.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos:931996
    So I wonder... what kills the market more?

1. Someone having 50 toons and spending 5 hours (maybe) one day getting colton?

2. Someone having 50 toons and after 50 days having 50 coltons?
    Depends, do they have the time in the day to run roughly 7 hours, uninterrupted, every day? If they do then more power to them, i have to much of a life to bother with all that noise.

Edit- Where'd the post go? O.o
    Last edited by Lowlyspy; 01-17-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

high guys,

I don't want the ability to buy Hauntlet or Story tokens. There could be a simple fix to your worry of someone making 50 toons. Cap the total # of toons per account to 6 or 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer:932036
    Cap the total # of toons per account to 6 or 10.
    It has been discussed in other sts games about this, but Devs wont add a cap - because there are actually some legit people who are active on 10 chars+ and because sts would lose some money.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird:932042
    It has been discussed in other sts games about this, but Devs wont add a cap - because there are actually some legit people who are active on 10 chars+ and because sts would lose some money.
    That and people can't just sit back and do what they did with Daily Blessings, they do have to actually go and do the quests.

Down With the Rep

Lady_Pebbles

I'd actually love the ability to stash hauntlet and story tokens but not able to trade them. This way I can farm tokens daily and makes it a bit easier to get those pets. Lets see... 3 toons on onw account, 4 tokens a day each becomes 12 tokens a day. Which is actually decent.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post
    Yes, I agree this would be the result. Folks would make toon armies to farm tokens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yes, I agree this would be the result. Folks would make toon armies to farm tokens.
    Yep this is what I want keep saying also. But people want the market in AL to become even more cheep and unstable....... Nothing super rare to be left........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Yep this is what I want keep saying also. But people want the market in AL to become even more cheep and unstable....... Nothing super rare to be left........
    That's what people always want. I really don't get it. Don't people want something to be able to work towards? Something very elite and rare? I guess everyone wants the best gear and pets to be obtainable in 2 hours and then what? I get bored really fast. This is why I got bored on Pocket Legends, and I'm starting to get bored on AL too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

That's what people always want. I really don't get it. Don't people want something to be able to work towards? Something very elite and rare? I guess everyone wants the best gear and pets to be obtainable in 2 hours and then what? I get bored really fast. This is why I got bored on Pocket Legends, and I'm starting to get bored on AL too.
    get rid of Jarl and the end game farming and economy wouldn't bottom out in a week. too quick/easy to farm the chests and best gear now..once people have the gear, people stop playing. If they stop playing, STS doesn't make money. The elite coin idea would help give you something to fight for, for a longer time period (assuming Jarl was gone and you couldn't do 90sec chest runs).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Yep there is nothing worth farming for because everything cost so little.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    get rid of Jarl and the end game farming and economy wouldn't bottom out in a week. too quick/easy to farm the chests and best gear now..once people have the gear, people stop playing. If they stop playing, STS doesn't make money. The elite coin idea would help give you something to fight for, for a longer time period (assuming Jarl was gone and you couldn't do 90sec chest runs).
    Maybe some of my elite guildies would play more if there was more reason to farm. So we keep noob players and get ride of the elite...... Not right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

there would be more reason to farm if the items were sooo easy to get, thanks to Jarl... without jarl and with a coin collecting system for finishing elites then you could purchase 1-2 items which possibly getting lucky with chests on the on items. Of course they would have to make items slightly difficult to purchase with coins, but not too difficult that it would take you hundreds of elite runs to buy 1 item. it's a balancing act like everything else. But i think giving you a chance to purchase the items may make it enticing for those that don't want to do 1000 jarl runs and dumb luck to get some loot. They could sell both lvl 20 & 21 or 25 & 26 gear, and with each patch make the previous patch gear 1/2 price or sell it for another type of currency so it isn't gone forever (like the chance to get lvl 15-16 elite items).