Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP War Builds Here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Default PvP War Builds Here

Post your builds. Both those based on theory and those you try.
    Montanaguy (16 Warrior) [elite lvl cap: 16; 26; 31] / Montanaman (16 Mage) [16] / Montanadood (16 Rogue) [16]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

#1 use skyward hammer nd if it stuns then use auto atcks nd if it doesnt nd enemy going to use charged skill use CS
    #2 use Rally Cry after doing #1
    #3 if ur health lower than 75% use HoR
    #4 spam skills with SS+CS (stun+knockbck)

Dodge is extremely useful to dodge high dmg crit of rogue
    Armour for mage atcks.
    War hav low dmg XD idk bout that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This has been working very well for me me k/d is great right now but I think I may experiment because certain rogues who know what they are doing are almost unstoppable.

1# When you see an enemy get close enough and use charged horn. AFTER they attack first to negate their skill damage with your heal.
    2#Attack and spam skyward smash until horn runs out
    3#Charged veng. for great buff and heal
    4#windmill to maximize damage and keep spamming smash and attck

This can be used in any combination to fit the need. Lately I charge in first with skyward smash, or I use charged veng. first to kill goblins/rogues quickly.

Useful tip - avoid groups of enemies like the plague unless you know they have little health left or you are confident your team can back you up. Warriors are hard to take down but when you find yourself 1v3 against a war and two mages you will most likely die.

I was thinking of trying out Windmill, Jug., Veng, and Horn, because surviving and who lasts longest seems to be the key factor in ctf games. This way you still get the dmg with veng./windmill but also take less with jug. and heal with horn.

Remember there is no procedural way to pvp in AL because it is so fast paced, get to know when and where to use your skills and you'll have success. Also i'd love to hear other builds so post them please guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I've tested 1 build in pvp arena with the purpose to carry the flag to base.
    If my team has another warrior with the same build, this build can carry the team to capture flag most of the time.

Skills to use would be:
    Horn of Renew - learn duration and shield
    Rally cry - learn all
    Juggernaut - learn dmg reduce, self heal, remove impair status
    Windmill - yes windmill. Learn duration & snare.
    Passive - 5 points to movement speed
    Gears wise: wear high dex low str full gears with dodge option.
    You will have around 16~17% dodge rate base.
    With buff, its total of 41~42% dodge rate.
    As the level cap becomes available, with more powerful gears,
    Warrior will become a dodge class instead.

How to carry the flag?

Basically, just run to enemy base and pick up the flag.
    Use charged HoR first to run away with shield on.
    Once HoR shield ended, activate charged Rally Cry.
    You will gain dodge and movement speed buff.
    Charge up Windmill while running, enemies will be very near to u to take u down thats why we never learn range.
    Release charged Windmill to slow enemies
    Once you get stun or frozen or slow or whatever,
    use charged Juggernaut and continue to run.

By then HoR cooldown will be available and repeat.
    Basically i was trolling in my run with 3~4 enemies chasing me while i'm running around like a clown. Lol

How to support flag carrier ally?
    HoR them when their health is low.
    Use charged windmill to slow enemies while your ally running the flag to base.
    Give Rally Cry to give them movement speed and dodge buff.
    Repeat. Yep, repeat. Skill rotation with timing is sufficient.

Hope this build helps before i quit this game.
    Btw i tested this build just once and i logout after that.
    Trolling but at least i enjoyed myself.
    Peace out
    Last edited by Kenoon; 01-19-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.
    Guild Master of Singaporeans.
    Kenoon - Lv21 Tank Warrior.
    Hiddenleaf - Lv15 Pure Dex Ranger

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Kenoon, since you're testing that build can you tell if the impaired movement removal from juggernaut is a one time thing, or an over time thing like the jugger-taunts?
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    Kenoon, since you're testing that build can you tell if the impaired movement removal from juggernaut is a one time thing, or an over time thing like the jugger-taunts?

I'm not too sure about that but it seems like i can run away immediately upon activation.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I don't want to brag but my build which I was using for PvE is working just as great in PvP. And I remember someone telling me I was going to get wrecked lol. Any who's refer to this link and post for the build and using the same exact skills cycle: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post903239
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoon View Post
    I'm not too sure about that but it seems like i can run away immediately upon activation.
    Idk about Juggernaut but for Vengeful Blood, the movement impairing effects seem to have dissapeared whenever in Pvp. Can someone please confirm this?

EDITED*
    Last edited by Destructible; 01-23-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    Idk about Juggernaut but for Vengeful Blood, the movement impairing effects seem to have dissapeared whenever in Pvp. I don't even need the 'remove movement impairing' upgrade anymore. Can someone please confirm this?
    I'm a little lost on what you're saying. Vengful Blood doesn't have any upgrade that affects movement imparing effects.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enisceloz View Post
    I don't want to brag but my build which I was using for PvE is working just as great in PvP. And I remember someone telling me I was going to get wrecked lol. Any who's refer to this link and post for the build and using the same exact skills cycle: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...l=1#post903239
    Basically the build I posted on this thread. Works great for PvE, now that I have strategy down in Pvp I consistently kill at least 3 per life in PvP. My k/d is great, i'd recommend using this build just tweak it to include the passive for strength.

Also everyone, I recently experimented with a lot of builds including Scotchtape's PvP build here's what went down for me -
    -Jug. increases how long you can survive incredibly but I found it not worth it because alone it will not keep you alive in the long run (cool down) and also when used with horn and veng.
    you can stay alive forever but never get a kill. You NEED at least 2 attack skills to be an effective killer in PvP.
    -Axe Throw is hilarious, especially when you keep trolling the flag carrier by letting them run away then using axe throw to reel them back. Good times. But not a very effective killer, especially when you it's 2v1/3v1
    -Skyward Smash is IMO the most useful warrior attack skill, it allows you to catch up to targets that are running and close the gap between you and a rogue or mage (which is very important, we dont want them to get off arrows/fireballs while we are far away)
    -Chest splitter is ok, the cool down is nice, but the amount of mana you use in group combat is way too high, if you spam CS and SS you run your mana down way too fast and if your'e not careful you wont have enough left for veng. to get back all the lost mana. Also good rogues who see you use CS will always run circles around you making CS useless because it barely hits anything.
    -Windmill, useful for quick kills especially with the damage and crit buff from veng, will destroy rogues and mages 1v1, and in groups it will do damage to the entire enemy team, IMO the cool down is balanced for what it gives you. Just watch the mana.
    -I found Rally Cry useless because even with the dodge boost you will still take massive damage from rogues and the cool down was too long for me. It is effective only if you are the type of warrior who runs away and picks up scraps (speed boost).
    -Veng is awesome nuff said.
    -You need horn to survive an entire game without dying while also killing the entire enemy team nuff

Remember this was just my experience spending 75 plat on different combos of respecs. The build I posted above is the one I use still. I thought scotchtape's would work for me but it doesnt so meh.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gassyllama For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gassyllama View Post
    Basically the build I posted on this thread. Works great for PvE, now that I have strategy down in Pvp I consistently kill at least 3 per life in PvP. My k/d is great, i'd recommend using this build just tweak it to include the passive for strength.

Also everyone, I recently experimented with a lot of builds including Scotchtape's PvP build here's what went down for me -
    -Jug. increases how long you can survive incredibly but I found it not worth it because alone it will not keep you alive in the long run (cool down) and also when used with horn and veng.
    you can stay alive forever but never get a kill. You NEED at least 2 attack skills to be an effective killer in PvP.
    -Axe Throw is hilarious, especially when you keep trolling the flag carrier by letting them run away then using axe throw to reel them back. Good times. But not a very effective killer, especially when you it's 2v1/3v1
    -Skyward Smash is IMO the most useful warrior attack skill, it allows you to catch up to targets that are running and close the gap between you and a rogue or mage (which is very important, we dont want them to get off arrows/fireballs while we are far away)
    -Chest splitter is ok, the cool down is nice, but the amount of mana you use in group combat is way too high, if you spam CS and SS you run your mana down way too fast and if your'e not careful you wont have enough left for veng. to get back all the lost mana. Also good rogues who see you use CS will always run circles around you making CS useless because it barely hits anything.
    -Windmill, useful for quick kills especially with the damage and crit buff from veng, will destroy rogues and mages 1v1, and in groups it will do damage to the entire enemy team, IMO the cool down is balanced for what it gives you. Just watch the mana.
    -I found Rally Cry useless because even with the dodge boost you will still take massive damage from rogues and the cool down was too long for me. It is effective only if you are the type of warrior who runs away and picks up scraps (speed boost).
    -You need horn to survive an entire game without dying while also killing the entire enemy team nuff

Remember this was just my experience spending 75 plat on different combos of respecs. The build I posted above is the one I use still. I thought scotchtape's would work for me but it doesnt so meh.
    This build is just overall EFFECTIVE and EFFICIENT. I never PvPed in an STS game before so I had my doubts, but something told me it was going to work great lol. And this is my Hybrid Tank/DPS Build lol jk. But I think I had posted this set up first in the forums. And yeah I have 3 Skill Points on Might!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Just by replacing Axe throw with Windmill made a big difference in my PVP because I got the most kills ever today! Thank you!

This is a terrific and good example of a solid Winning Warrior PVP build

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    I'm a little lost on what you're saying. Vengful Blood doesn't have any upgrade that affects movement imparing effects.
    Oh my bad, i got a lil lost too :/ *Corrected* Anyway Vengeful Blood seems to not have any movement impairing effects in PvP.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructible For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I think the usual HoR, Vengeful blood, Windmill & Skyward Smash pve build might work better for PvP especially when fighting in crowds.
    OneAxeHole @ MapleSEA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenoon View Post
    I think the usual HoR, Vengeful blood, Windmill & Skyward Smash pve build might work better for PvP especially when fighting in crowds.
    Yeah this is exactly the build we are talking about. With this build all you need is some experience and strategy in PvP to compete with anybody, even the best rogues.

Some tips that work for me -

-Don't be a hero, you are more useful to your team alive, when charging a group or just 1v1 if your health gets low just run away and cast horn/veng and go at it again. Most of the time group fights wont follow you, and anyone who chases is more worried about killing you than making sure they are ready to take you after you reset. Sometimes I even let them chase me if I have full health/mana just so they waste their mana and skill so I can get a quick easy kill.
    -Know where health packs are and use them. Those things saved me a ton and if used correctly you can take a 1v2 or 1v3 and come out on top.
    -Close the gap, when fighting rogues or mages you always need to close the gap and get close for melee. If they can successfully kite you or get in a few skills before you make contact it puts you at a severe disadvantage. Whick is why we use skyward.
    -if you can help it try to make the fight gravitate towards your teammates, they can help you kill faster and if the enemy notices it is about to be a 3v1 they may try to run, making an easy kill.
    -Know your buffs, when going into a group fight I always use charged horn and make sure my teammates get the buff also, when 1v1 vv rogue or mage i also start with charged horn before I make contact, also squeeze charged veng. in before contact so your skills demolish your foe fast in 1v1. For warriors it is better to wait until you need to use charged horn because you dont have to worry about a massive crit cutting your health in two before you make contact.
    -always avoid soloing a group of enemies unless you know they suck. I have been able to come out on top in 1v4/ 1v5 situations in the enemy spawn, but these things are a rarity, CTF is a looser game type, there is nothing shameful about teamwork here.
    -Last thing, although our charge attack doesnt have a 90% stun rate like rogues, it is still very effectives for us warriors to use. Whenever I have some time in between cooldowns I use a charged attack to stun the war/rogue/mage im fighting, if you land a stun or two it can put your opponent at a severe disadvantage because now have to take the brunt of your attack and are unable to use a skill to get back in the fight.

So yeah, that is pretty much what I do in PvP, I left like two things out so maybe I can still win when all the warriors catch on to how to pvp. And honestly im sure someone else has PvP strategy mastered by now I hope they can post on here and teach me something new.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gassyllama For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Yeah this is exactly the build we are talking about. With this build all you need is some experience and strategy in PvP to compete with anybody, even the best rogues.

Some tips that work for me -

-Don't be a hero, you are more useful to your team alive, when charging a group or just 1v1 if your health gets low just run away and cast horn/veng and go at it again. Most of the time group fights wont follow you, and anyone who chases is more worried about killing you than making sure they are ready to take you after you reset. Sometimes I even let them chase me if I have full health/mana just so they waste their mana and skill so I can get a quick easy kill.
    -Know where health packs are and use them. Those things saved me a ton and if used correctly you can take a 1v2 or 1v3 and come out on top.
    -Close the gap, when fighting rogues or mages you always need to close the gap and get close for melee. If they can successfully kite you or get in a few skills before you make contact it puts you at a severe disadvantage. Whick is why we use skyward.
    -if you can help it try to make the fight gravitate towards your teammates, they can help you kill faster and if the enemy notices it is about to be a 3v1 they may try to run, making an easy kill.
    -Know your buffs, when going into a group fight I always use charged horn and make sure my teammates get the buff also, when 1v1 vv rogue or mage i also start with charged horn before I make contact, also squeeze charged veng. in before contact so your skills demolish your foe fast in 1v1. For warriors it is better to wait until you need to use charged horn because you dont have to worry about a massive crit cutting your health in two before you make contact.
    -always avoid soloing a group of enemies unless you know they suck. I have been able to come out on top in 1v4/ 1v5 situations in the enemy spawn, but these things are a rarity, CTF is a looser game type, there is nothing shameful about teamwork here.
    -Last thing, although our charge attack doesnt have a 90% stun rate like rogues, it is still very effectives for us warriors to use. Whenever I have some time in between cooldowns I use a charged attack to stun the war/rogue/mage im fighting, if you land a stun or two it can put your opponent at a severe disadvantage because now have to take the brunt of your attack and are unable to use a skill to get back in the fight.

So yeah, that is pretty much what I do in PvP, I left like two things out so maybe I can still win when all the warriors catch on to how to pvp. And honestly im sure someone else has PvP strategy mastered by now I hope they can post on here and teach me something new.
    This build is simply just terrific. I've used it back before PvP, and was surprised to find that it worked in ctf as well. Just to add:

-Speed packs don't work on flag-bearers.
    -Skyward Smash stuns even without charging. So from my experience, I've realized that using Skyward Smash uncharged is slightly better when attempting to slow down chasers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

This is the build that i used previously for PVE and am still using it for PvP. It's a wonderful build overall.

Category: Balanced Offensive and Defensive

Build: A skill build of Vengeful Blood maxed, Horn Of Renew with buff duration and shield, Skyward Smash with damage and stun, and Windmill maxed except for snare. Might 5/5.

Potentials: Hold off opponent team and to hopefully get in a kill or two. No worries about mana.

Limitations: Not as much offensive to contribute to as much kills. Not as much defensive to tank a whole team at once.
    Last edited by Destructible; 01-30-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible:941320
    This is the build that i used previously for PVE and am still using it for PvP. It's a wonderful build overall.

Category: Balanced Offensive and Defensive

Build: A skill build of Vengeful Blood maxed, Horn Of Renew with buff duration and shield, Skyward Smash with damage and stun, and Windmill maxed. Might 5/5.

Potentials: Hold off opponent team and to hopefully get in a kill or two. No worries about mana.

Limitations: Not as much offensive to contribute to as much kills. Not as much defensive to tank a whole team at once.
    yea sky-wind-venge-horn are popular build and is very effective in ctf group fight or from kiters.

but i think you misscounted the skill points

vengefull - 5
    might - 5
    windmill -5
    horn - 3(w/2updgrades)
    sky - 3( w/2upgrades)
    ---------------------
    there's only 20skill points

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

anyone been trying juggernaut?

the skill description says it inceases 25% hp, but in reality it only increases ~500 hp maximum. is still viable for pvp?

can someone describe me about the healing part of juggernaut? how does it work, does it heal like the "second wind" in world of warcraft? and how much exactly the heal ticks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dakota1988 View Post
    anyone been trying juggernaut?

the skill description says it inceases 25% hp, but in reality it only increases ~500 hp maximum. is still viable for pvp?

can someone describe me about the healing part of juggernaut? how does it work, does it heal like the "second wind" in world of warcraft? and how much exactly the heal ticks?
    Jug does not fair well in PvP because it pretty much wastes a skill slot. You need horn to survive, veng to kill groups, and all jug does is make you last a little bit longer. At this point in the game it heals about as much as Veng does and the damage reduction is hardly noticeable against rogues. Having said that Jug could be amazing for 1v1 PvP but I dont know if AL will ever come to that.

Also now I think we can all agree Horn Veng Skyward and Windmill is the best haha.

Another tip for everyone - learn how to use charge attack because it can do 500+ damage on a crit and has a chance to stun, it the most effective way to continue doing damage in between cool downs.