Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PvP War Builds Here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gassyllama View Post
    Jug does not fair well in PvP because it pretty much wastes a skill slot. You need horn to survive, veng to kill groups, and all jug does is make you last a little bit longer. At this point in the game it heals about as much as Veng does and the damage reduction is hardly noticeable against rogues. Having said that Jug could be amazing for 1v1 PvP but I dont know if AL will ever come to that.

Also now I think we can all agree Horn Veng Skyward and Windmill is the best haha.

Another tip for everyone - learn how to use charge attack because it can do 500+ damage on a crit and has a chance to stun, it the most effective way to continue doing damage in between cool downs.
    what i was actually ask is the auto-heal skill upgrade (second wind) when you have below 25% hp. how much does it heal? is it a one-time only heal or it keep healing until you go >25% hp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Vengefull and jugger(without the auto-heal) actualy doesnt heal.
    they just add str which just boost your HP pool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I'm still waiting on crestmage to come along and say that I was going to get smashed in PvP lol. My build for the win!!!!
    Last edited by Enisceloz; 01-30-2013 at 02:37 AM.
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    yea sky-wind-venge-horn are popular build and is very effective in ctf group fight or from kiters.

but i think you misscounted the skill points

vengefull - 5
    might - 5
    windmill -5
    horn - 3(w/2updgrades)
    sky - 3( w/2upgrades)
    ---------------------
    there's only 20skill points
    Oh yeah it seems that i did. Thanks for telling me I'm reciting this build all from memory, not much reliance in that.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enisceloz View Post
    I'm still waiting on crestmage to come along and say that I was going to get smashed in PvP lol. My build for the win!!!!
    You were gonna get smashed in PvP.

You can stop waiting.
    PL: Crestmage -- Crestwar -- Crestbear -- Crestphoenix -- Twinkworld -- Tearacecaz
    AL: Crestmage -- Crestwar

6. The Following User Says Thank You to crestmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crestmage View Post
    You were gonna get smashed in PvP.

You can stop waiting.
    Hahaha thank you sir!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dakota1988 View Post
    what i was actually ask is the auto-heal skill upgrade (second wind) when you have below 25% hp. how much does it heal? is it a one-time only heal or it keep healing until you go >25% hp?
    It continues healing as long as you go below 25%. Heal value is around 300 hp per proc. It's quite powerful when you're focused, i dont think ive ever died while under Jugg in pvp.

However, as mentioned by Gassy, you pretty much need HoR to be a decent support (cooldown is also much shorter), Vengeful and at least 2 attack skill.

Im testing Juggernaut as a replacement to HoR and, on occasions, it is really powerful, keeps you going while you are under heavy fire. But it last 15 sec and after that you're dead.

Best use I get out of it is jump into a group, flip Jugg on and start windmilling. Hope to splatter a rogue or a mage on the wall and die hehe. Good times but does not shine in group play.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

For PvP you must almost certainly have a 3 buff build as most of you have said and use SS as your main mode of dmg and charged reg attacks. I say SS because you can increase its dmg and it can stun and does AOE dmg. I have learned lately too that spamming the attack button without charging can up your DPS enough to secure more kills. But yes AVOID GROUPS!!!

Windmill is honestly one of the worst PvP skills to have its CD is forever and it does the least dmg next to axe. # buff build with 1 attack or 2 buff build, and 2 attack. I am experimenting right now with SS/CS Venge/Jugg and am doing quite well. Although I am considering respecing back to Venge/Jugg/HoR SS Build.
    Last edited by Hroovitnir; 02-09-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

How is windmill helping you get kills in PvP it does low dmg, with the buff for dmg its on par with CS i guess...but the cd is forever and with cs doing the same dmg you can spam that skill. Any reasons why Windmill is better that Im missing ? I dont know if just hitting more targts is useful, and CS can hit 3 ratgets anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Windmill hits 3 times in a short amount of time which is what makes it interesting. It's more bursary than Ss and CS.

I use CS myself though. I've tried Jugg but dont really like it so much unless I have HOR as well. And SS mas your only attack is a bit measly. My guess is this is why you don't kill peeps fast enough. SS. Plus normal attack is not a lot of damage.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hroovitnir:962137
    How is windmill helping you get kills in PvP it does low dmg, with the buff for dmg its on par with CS i guess...but the cd is forever and with cs doing the same dmg you can spam that skill. Any reasons why Windmill is better that Im missing ? I dont know if just hitting more targts is useful, and CS can hit 3 ratgets anyways.

same as what burdmasta ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Cero:941514
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmasta:941424
    isnt windmill better than chest splitter???
    in some point, yes.

windmill

+ greater aoe than cs
    + good for mawing crowds
    + hits 3 enemy in range.area which is 10(-6without upgrade)
    +snare
    +skill dmg ratio 1:3 against CS
    + 3hits 1cast.
    + easy to use.

- longer cd than CS
    - lock other skills when cast for 2-3secs?

Chest splitter
    +short cd. makes it a spamming skill. 3:1 skill cast ratio against windmill.
    +better dmg than windmill??
    +chance for disorientation & and knowckbacks

- hard to control. it only hits those who are in front (180degrees) of you.
    -

overall, if you want an crowd skill, windmill is way better. espicialy coz many rogues/mages tries to run around your toon or hide behind the crowd.

i would say CS is good for 1vs1 and windmill for riot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

You say windmill hits you 3 times, but is that not for a total of what the damage says it is, 200 or so, 75ish a hit ? ? Or is it 200 per hit, making it 600ish ? That is the real question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No it's not a real question, only thing that's real is that you've never used it before.

You get I.e. 200 x 3.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Awesome! If it is 200x3 then you have sold me sir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

To Hroovitnir -

I disagree that you need three buffs in PvP. I have experimented with the having a lot of buffs and I very strongly feel it limits your ability to kill. Sure you may survive a tad longer but you will have a hard time solo killing groups.

Now windmill is a very good skill, especially for group kills. The CD is really not long for what it gets you... What is it like a 6 sec cool down? That is nothing for the hits it gives you.. The key is to keep your opponent in stun lock and use windmill while timing it with crit buffs, you really wanna maximize your damage output.

The whole Windmill vs Chest splitter argument is very moot to me. If you have the skill to use CS go use it, more power to you. But having to use CS every 3 sec really inhibits your chance to stun lock. Skyward smash is not the only way to stun lock, charging regular attack has a chance to stun lock and on a warrior it has a good range.

Warriors are great because they have a lot of durability and when you are able to keep your opponent in stun lock there is no reason they should beat you, you have a ton of hp and horn of Renew is boss and nice stuns.

Hope this can clear some things up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Gassy CS can stun as well. I've capped to 21 like litterally last night and respecced from CS to Windmill for the occasion. Here is what I noticed.

PVE: my damage has gone up vs groups but DPS gone down vs boss and i'm less able to retain aggro (i used to tap everything vs bosses for max dps as CS cooldown is so short). Damage taken has gone up as I was usually stunning more often.

PVP: more user friendly, awesome slow meaning you can somewhat kite people around, higher burst damage means you kill faster, encourages you to charge your auto-attack while WM is on cooldown. Losing CS stun is not crippling but you have less control over crowds.

Overall my playstyle in PVP changed quite a bit as I now charge everything and it works. Normal attack stuns quite often so you can (sometimes) stunlock some people. Very effective against other wars as they are about to heal. Btw, PvP would be a lot better if we could see people healthbars just saying.

I also agree with Gassy that, sadly, there are very few ways to build a PvP war. I've tested Jugg and it's just suboptimal vs the SW Smash, WM/CS, Veng, HoR build.
    Last edited by Heiki; 02-10-2013 at 11:06 PM.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Vengefull and jugger(without the auto-heal) actualy doesnt heal.
    they just add str which just boost your HP pool.
    boost hp pool, and heal, for amount it boost hp pool

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    It continues healing as long as you go below 25%. Heal value is around 300 hp per proc. It's quite powerful when you're focused, i dont think ive ever died while under Jugg in pvp.
    I cant understand how exactly it works. Continues = each sec? Each 3 sec? And what about 50% chance?
    I wannanteach this after update, but only with 20% ignore effect, cause warrior is tank so or so, so dont need additional healing. Or does he? I dunno cause i cant exactly understand how it works. Could someone wise write it, not in 2-3 words?

Btw, PvP would be a lot better if we could see people healthbars just saying.
    That woul ruined fun a bit. Attack or heal. Charge or retreat :-D

Btw i use windmill cause i dont like aiming with cs :-) specialy when its group vs group or 2 vs 1 . But after update i plan to learn cs to, if they ofc do somethink about more place for skills. Dunno only that then 3 cs (+number of targets) + 2 jugg, or 2 cs + 3 jugg ( +healing ).
    Last edited by ishyrionek; 02-13-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

The way juggernaut works is a bit of a black box in my opinion but there are 2 basic components to it:

1. When you drop below 25% health you have 50% chance to heal and you basically get that at every time you get below 25% (i mean you get below, then above, then below again etc. and you get the chance to heal each time).

2. It rerolls that 50% chance either every 0.5 sec or each time you're hit im not sure.

Bottom line is: i've never died with Jugg on, even while focused by an entire enemy team (which is quite hilarious). Too bad it last 15 sec hehe.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

The way juggernaut works is a bit of a black box in my opinion but there are 2 basic components to it:

1. When you drop below 25% health you have 50% chance to heal and you basically get that at every time you get below 25% (i mean you get below, then above, then below again etc. and you get the chance to heal each time).

2. It rerolls that 50% chance either every 0.5 sec or each time you're hit im not sure.

Bottom line is: i've never died with Jugg on, even while focused by an entire enemy team (which is quite hilarious). Too bad it last 15 sec hehe.
    I heard that it works only when yours hp flow down 25%+, under it, then it got 50% chances. It wont work, when yours hp is below 25%, when 50% failed. Is that right?
    Question 2. How much does it heal? 300 for 1% under 25%?
    Question 3. Is there 500 hp cap for 25% hp raise?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gassyllama View Post
    Jug does not fair well in PvP because it pretty much wastes a skill slot. You need horn to survive, veng to kill groups, and all jug does is make you last a little bit longer. At this point in the game it heals about as much as Veng does and the damage reduction is hardly noticeable against rogues. Having said that Jug could be amazing for 1v1 PvP but I dont know if AL will ever come to that.

Also now I think we can all agree Horn Veng Skyward and Windmill is the best haha.

Another tip for everyone - learn how to use charge attack because it can do 500+ damage on a crit and has a chance to stun, it the most effective way to continue doing damage in between cool downs.
    So, I didn't read other posts after ou, but. YOU ARE UNSTOPABLE WITH JUG WHEN YOU HAVE 25%left. They can't kill you at all. So after you have heal and veng ready - unstopable. I never died 1:3 - 1:4 . It's just unreal to kill me. My skills : 5/5 veng, 5/5passive str, 3/5 heal, 4/5 smash, 3/5 jug. + NEW WEAPON (captain axe of assault) + hazel. PvP is like nothing. I die only when there are 4 270-282dps rogues + 3k+ warrior attacks me