Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    I play Rogue, Warrior and Mage just like many people. The funny thing is most, say 90%, of my one shot kills come against other Rogues. If I can catch a mage off guard and get a lucky crit most likely they are dead. If they throw up the shield thingy, it is a toss up. Usually I just sit there stunned until I die. I was in a map last night where almost everyone on my side left. a mage 2 tanks and a rogue where running together. Mage stuns everyone.. warriors windmill everyone.. I did get to meet another mage solo a few times at the end. Short story... I made a new friend. Our fights usually ended with me killing him (never one shot him) then a few seconds I would die from his dot. The first time it happened my wife looked at me like I was crazy as I was laughing hysterically.

Warriors are fun. A good warrior and I am dead unless I get lucky crits. Usually I get stunned, then hit them a few times and die. If I try to run away I still die because they seem to be able to swing their weapon from across the map. These things are beasts. They can be a fun fight. HOR and VB are incredible skills couple that with smash and windmill and it is pure pain.

All and all it seems pretty even. My only complaint is the danged pets. Either allow them or not, I don't really care which just make a decision. It hard to justify any changes to class balance until everyone is on an even playfield. A person with Malison vs a person without? ha.. Although I do like killing them, usually I am one shot though.

Only played the mage a couple times so am not sure on the playability in pvp. I just know that the good ones I come up against are really good.

21,21,18 are the toons levels. They aren't maxed gear.. I am poor.

I played another game a long time ago. This reminds me of that. Basically a mage type was one shotted by a rogue type. Needless to say the devs nerfed the crap out of the rogue type classes. Afterward it was realized the mage type was sitting down (greatly increased damage) and was 20+ level lower than the rogue type. Funny stuff. Fix the glitches and glits.. stop the cheating and minor tweaks here and there to classes and all looks good here. It sucks to be stunned. I've always hated be stunlocked or mezzlocked... but that's the way it is.
    very well said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is no response from sts at all wtf, hellowww sts i wonder if the pvp is still beta what about the leaderboard n the achievement ? Is it will be reset when the ctf or pvp not beta anymore ???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tribalware View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdnase View Post
    I'm aware of how wildly observant that was. I was just making sure to break it down to the basics for ur simple mind to comprehend. And apparently ur still not getting it, or else u speak opposite of what u mean. Let me think... Who said that they were content with the way things r?..... U! Let me think again... Who said to please do not think I don't want a change from how it is now?...... Wait... Yeh that was me! So just stop trying to twist my words. (and btw I really am expecting my 10$)
    Wha... I mean that doesn't even... What on earth are you talking about? I'm a libertarian so I believe every man woman (and child in your case) has the right to speak their minds but sometimes idiocy is tough to tolerate. I've been involved in this thread since like page 6, and I don't believe you'll have once heard me say 'I'm pretty content with the way things are'. The 'basics for ur simple mind'?, what sort of nonsense is that. Syntax and spelling errors aside I'm a freaking post-graduate with a psychology degree, I think I can get a handle on Arcane Legends. It's not a hard game, PvP is not a complicated game mode, spelling you're is not difficult either.

Dialogue is one thing but I will not be drawn into a petty argument with a minor, there are some good things being brought up and discussed here so if you don't have anything useful to say, and by this stage I'm relatively convinced that you have nothing useful to say, then stop trolling me with incomprehensible nonsense. You want to engage me then fine, do it in a way that doesn't waste space on here and accept my friend request so I can embarrass you in the arena. At least that way we'll only be wasting each others time.

So far all I've seen you do is make useless observations, accuse a top player of hacking and brag about being able to slaughter warriors when there are top mage players (myself included) telling everyone that we can chase a warrior half way across the map chaining damage spells at him without landing a kill. Once again - friend request sent, lets settle this in game and stop wasting everyone elses time.
    Just ignore that mage person. He just likes being a contrarian to cause trouble and for attention. You know right away he is liar when he says he owns warriors 1v1, so there is no point in arguing with ppl that make things up because more lies just get thrown in and it becomes an endless cycle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megabird56 View Post
    Just ignore that mage person. He just likes being a contrarian to cause trouble and for attention. You know right away he is liar when he says he owns warriors 1v1, so there is no point in arguing with ppl that make things up because more lies just get thrown in and it becomes an endless cycle.
    Warriors can be 1v1ed by mages and rouges and of course another war.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I mainly play as a rogue. My char is maxed minus a couple points. While my charged aim shot can hit 2400+ damage with no buffs it very rarely does. My average aimed shot crit is around 1500. That's if it even crits. If it doesn't I hit around 600 damage depending on the target. Not only do I have all these things working against me getting that high damage crit, roughly 50% if the time my arrow flies off in a random direction nowhere near an enemy due to some kind of freakish lag. Oh, I forgot to mention that I am frequently 1KOed by rogues, 2 hit KOed by sorc, and 3 hit KOed by warrior. I rarely am able to beat a sorc if my first shot doesn't KO him outright due to shield/fireball/lightning combo. But, I'm ok with all of this. My class can kill as easily as it can die, therefore, it is balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews View Post
    I mainly play as a rogue. My char is maxed minus a couple points. While my charged aim shot can hit 2400+ damage with no buffs it very rarely does. My average aimed shot crit is around 1500. That's if it even crits. If it doesn't I hit around 600 damage depending on the target. Not only do I have all these things working against me getting that high damage crit, roughly 50% if the time my arrow flies off in a random direction nowhere near an enemy due to some kind of freakish lag. Oh, I forgot to mention that I am frequently 1KOed by rogues, 2 hit KOed by sorc, and 3 hit KOed by warrior. I rarely am able to beat a sorc if my first shot doesn't KO him outright due to shield/fireball/lightning combo. But, I'm ok with all of this. My class can kill as easily as it can die, therefore, it is balanced.
    Yes it is balanced.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I would have preferred the respecs to be free, considering everyone is experimenting with builds in high frequency to find a shoe that fits...Ive personally spent 15 plat already

In the beginning I would have said otherwise, but since Ive played A LOT the past few days, I cant really say if a particular class is op or not. Ive witnessed every class get massively slaughtered at some point....I believe variables come into play, highly referring to the way a player is spec'd and what they're equipped with, rather than a class unbalance issue. Ive 1 shot rouges and wars with a crit shot of lightning ( granted wars were already slightly weakened by a previous hit from someone else) but 250 damage is a pretty nice hit ....on the flip side, Ive been 1 shot by both classes... So in conclusion...Im feelin the game is pretty balanced give or take a few discrepancies with the amount of damage dealt with certain skills and buff duration.

Also, there are ALOT of blind spots, a rotating camera at least for pvp would be nice.
    Last edited by Melodicdeath; 01-22-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Melodicdeath View Post

Also, there are ALOT of blind spots, a rotating camera at least for pvp would be nice.
    Melo I look at it as if it adds strategy, you can sneak around players and attack from behind this is fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews View Post
    Seriously you and everyone defending are satisfied with this?

Who can quick draw the fastest? Aimed shot vs shield?

This game has the potential to be much deeper than that.

You guys are keeping great and fun things to happen for your class just to keep something that is obviously broken.

There is no skill involve in using aimed shot and since all your other skills do strong damage too, all you need is a follow up.

Mages owning you if they shield? Yeah that's a problem for your class. You don't have a proper escape tool.

Why not asking for Smoke bomb to give u invisibility while in the smoke and u can't be auto targeted?

Ask for cool stuff like that.

Don't say devs can't do this or that.. Unless you're part of the dev team what do you know?

I look forward to pvp games with different strategies.

Have you ever had a fight that lasted longer than it should. And you meet up with the same person and have another epic fight. From them on whenever you meet you have a mutual respect for each others skills.

That stuff feels good.

Most of the time i get frustrated and want to punch that warrior through the screen or scoff at all rogues dismissing all their skills and say they are nothing without their aimed shot.

I'm not saying that the rogue and warriors are not skilled players, but take their skills and boost them 10 times more with superior survivabiltiy or damage. Where does that leave a Mage? What did we get? A shield to watch everyone else have fun just a little longer.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JuiceBox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Melo I look at it as if it adds strategy, you can sneak around players and attack from behind this is fun.
    Hehe...yup it IS fun....Im sometimes hired as a contract killing sniper mage ;D However I remain with my stance, camera would be nice.
    Last edited by Melodicdeath; 01-22-2013 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox View Post
    Seriously you and everyone defending are satisfied with this?

Who can quick draw the fastest? Aimed shot vs shield?

This game has the potential to be much deeper than that.

You guys are keeping great and fun things to happen for your class just to keep something that is obviously broken.

There is no skill involve in using aimed shot and since all your other skills do strong damage too, all you need is a follow up.

Mages owning you if they shield? Yeah that's a problem for your class. You don't have a proper escape tool.

Why not asking for Smoke bomb to give u invisibility while in the smoke and u can't be auto targeted?

Ask for cool stuff like that.

Don't say devs can't do this or that.. Unless you're part of the dev team what do you know?

I look forward to pvp games with different strategies.

Have you ever had a fight that lasted longer than it should. And you meet up with the same person and have another epic fight. From them on whenever you meet you have a mutual respect for each others skills.

That stuff feels good.

Most of the time i get frustrated and want to punch that warrior through the screen or scoff at all rogues dismissing all their skills and say they are nothing without their aimed shot.

I'm not saying that the rogue and warriors are not skilled players, but take their skills and boost them 10 times more with superior survivabiltiy or damage. Where does that leave a Mage? What did we get? A shield to watch everyone else have fun just a little longer.
    I can respect that. I see where you're coming from, being a mage myself.

"Have you ever had a fight that lasted longer than it should. And you meet up with the same person and have another epic fight. From them on whenever you meet you have a mutual respect for each others skills."- This I certainly agree with, there are definitely players who have earned my respect...some of them I fear lol.
    Last edited by Melodicdeath; 01-22-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

The more and more i play, the more and more i fill its equal, as cashews and vystirch said above. I've tried to explain before why some of u think its so unbalanced, but some people said it was just speaking the obvious, so i want bother saying it again. I'm just going to give my final opinion on what could possibly be done, then leave this thread (as long as tribalware finally shuts up).

My complaints on the rogue is... not too much. A lot of people want to take away the rogues big dmg, but this would be unfair, as many of the rogues on here have said, dmg is their only up. So my only suggestion would be to lower the range on the aimed shot to that of the fire ball, so it will still give rogues the high dmg, but not be so unfair that the mages can't defend.

For warriors... well a little bit more. First off the horn of renew shouldn't have the protective shield. Its too much like the mage's arcane shield. It should just heal and not give invincibility (tho this isn't too bothersome because its only 2 seconds). Skyward smash has the stun.... hmmmm this really doesn't bother me either, tho it could be nerfed or even just shortened on the time of the stun by a half a sec or so. And lastly, the axe throw's range should be shortened to that of the fire ball, making all the ranges equal.

And for the mage... hmmmm with the other classes with the same range as a mage its probably more than equal already. Yet it would still be nice to have the mage's freeze to slow the enemy, and if it was to freeze, the dmg on the freeze could be taken away. Lastly, the stun time on the fire ball could be shortened a little, if it is found to still be slightly unequal after the other changes.

Ty dev team for putting up with all our mixed opinions and bickering. Great work so far, and i'm sure you will keep it up.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 01-22-2013 at 04:39 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erdnase For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

The more and more i play, the more and more i fill its equal, as cashews and vystirch said above. I've tried to explain before why some of u think its so unbalanced, but some people said it was just speaking the obvious, so i want bother saying it again. I'm just going to give my final opinion on what could possibly be done, then leave this thread (as long as tribalware finally shuts up).

My complaints on the rogue is... not too much. A lot of people want to take away the rogues big dmg, but this would be unfair, as many of the rogues on here have said, dmg is their only up. So my only suggestion would be to lower the range on the aimed shot to that of the fire ball, so it will still give rogues the high dmg, but not be so unfair that the mages can't defend.

For warriors... well a little bit more. First off the horn of renew shouldn't have the protective shield. Its too much like the mage's arcane shield. It should just heal and not give invincibility (tho this isn't too bothersome because its only 2 seconds). Skyward smash has the stun.... hmmmm this really doesn't bother me either, tho it could be nerfed or even just shortened on the time of the stun by a half a sec or so. And lastly, the axe throw's range should be shortened to that of the fire ball, making all the ranges equal.

And for the mage... hmmmm with the other classes with the same range as a mage its probably more than equal already. Yet it would still be nice to have the mage's freeze to slow the enemy, and if it was to freeze, the dmg on the freeze could be taken away. Lastly, the stun time on the fire ball could be shortened a little, if it is found to still be slightly unequal after the other changes.

Ty dev team for putting up with all our mixed opinions and bickering. Great work so far, and i'm sure you will keep it up.
    Yes this is so well worded.
    Maybe the horn could just give a 50% reduction instead of invincibility.

Add me ig: Vystirch

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I cant say warr vs sorc is fair. Sorc has to repeatedly damage and kite the warr. If the warr is running the flag and nothing else, a sorc cantstop him if he has heals etc. If not he still only has to make it half way to get to a heal cross. If its a 1v1 the mage has to have shields and heals no matter what the warr has, pretty much. If the mage has shield heal, fire to reduce hit, and wind for dodge, he might win. If the warr has heals it will negate the mage heals basically and we all know a sorc wont beat a warr without heals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

oke so just now we get owned by mages bufing up and healing each other stunning and beating up everyone to dead. practicly no chance to move at all and jsut watch like lightning strike upon ur head and u dead in 1-2 sec. mybe is just lag i couldnt fire my skills properly if they were fired at all when i pressed them (ping was fine). but if no that shield last more then 2 sec its like 4-5 maybe 6..thats pretty much time for charging 2 skills and beating someone to dead and have shield still on..
    before i got even chance to fire an arrow i was stun with fireball coming through corner wall..

As it seems now only few mages r now possible to be one shooted as r rouges. and mages can beat up a rouge in few sec too so its unbalanced or balanced? i think everyone have same chance to survive and kill..maybe a rouge in disatvantage here a bit as he cant move from stun. making razor shield upgrade realy working that removes slow effect or can make duration of stunts lower bc killing someone takes only few sec and stunts last all the time till im beating to dead will give a rouge chance to defend urself

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Yes this is so well worded.
    Maybe the horn could just give a 50% reduction instead of invincibility.

Add me ig: Vystirch
    ty vy, i appreciate some positive words in reply to me for once lol. and yeah, i could live with the 50% reduction
    Last edited by Erdnase; 01-22-2013 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

ty vy, i appreciate some positive words in reply to me for once lol
    Me also, that's why I offered my ign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megabird56 View Post
    Yeah you're totally right, not getting trolled by idiots is like rule number one of the forum users handbook. Once they've got you on the defensive they're winning somehow. Couple of points that would help balance matches without the need to change anything (I've been running into 'warrior teams' all day, it is no fun at all to play and they think it's hilarious to run around in three's spawn killing rogues and mages like frat bullies knocking geeks' glasses off their heads in the lunch line)

1) Bite me Erdnase (I taste good)
    2) Class identification stamps at the team selection screen, that way we can try and balance out or back away from a fight we know will be futile before getting depressingly dragged into it. This would seem to be an obvious one.
    3) HP bars have already been mentioned but I'll chuck it in again. I'd like to know just how far from taking a warrior down I actually am, because I have a feeling that I'm getting nowhere near. (Once again - follow a warrior all the way back from my base to his base, unload 3200 mana at 276 dps into the back of his head and he doesn't even need to take notice. Just throws up that obscene shield/hp buff. Why is that ability so powerful when the class that is supposed to be the best damage dealer can't even make a kill while the warrior's back is turned).

Mages do not need (or really want) a HP buff. If there are honest warriors here saying that they feel underpowered when facing rogue damage abilities and my sorc can't scratch a warrior at all then I don't think a bit more HP is going to do us any good.

Mages need a damage buff and a skill overhaul. (Or a skill re-overhaul seeing as you overhauled them into a ditch pre pvp). Fix frost, I say fix because people seem to be treating the fact it doesn't do anything as some sort of bug and rightly so. And if you're going to put us into a situation where we have to spec for shield because there is literally no other way to survive (because we hate that lame spell, we really do) then buff that a bit. Considering the damage rogues are dealing, up the amount it can take before collapsing, give us those 2 secs of invulnerability without a charge so we can use them when we really need them.

Warriors need a HP nerf, not to be able to outrange my spells with a bow ranged sword (I mean what is that? I can't run away even when they're not using skyward smash), fewer stuns and less powerful support skills. Or maybe just one or two of those things, but essentially warriors shouldn't be allowed to have everything. They are barbarians, not medics or assassins or stun artists. Neither should they be so effective at AoE (that's OUR thing you damned apes) but I'm willing to work around that one, at least it doesn't have a 14m range like their standard attack seems to.

Rogues are powerful, currently in relation to a sorc they are too powerful but I'd wait to see the effects of the above mentioned mage buffs before saying they need an outright nerf. They're taking down warriors who are very upset about that you say? Good, that should be their niche. But they should be more afraid of facing sorcs than they are, taking down rogues should be our job because we should have a fast, consistent supply of damage spells and the stuns and freeze effects to sedate them long enough to get the job done. I love facing rogues 1vs.1 in PvP because it's the closest I get to a decent challenge but even then the fight feels cheap a lot of the time.

27 kills has been my record for one ctf game so far, facing what was mostly a rogue team and I was by no means the top scorer. Bear in mind I've gone to the trouble of maxing my passive int, my passive damage (which doesnt show on the avatar screen but should following the next proper patch) and using the support of a pet that adds 10% damage (also which does not show but functions). So I have maxed my absolute balls off, I use three damage spells on loop and take advantage of a whole other 15% of invisible damage increase and it's still not often I get to nail a rogue to the ground. (Fireballs stun is nice, but it's not enough for a magic user when rogues and warriors have snares and equally effective stuns).

Once again just to clarify - I'm discussing endgame PvP. Lvl 21 full demonlord, clever flamestrike of assault and all the trinkets and passive boosts that add to my damage score.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Tribalware For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Warriors can be 1v1ed by mages and rouges and of course another war.
    No, they can't. Does anyone else here with experience in endgame PvP want to chime in and agree that a mage can beat a warrior 1vs.1? Obviously assuming they both have full health and mana. I just don't see where posts like this are coming from, I don't mind not being able to take down a warrior 1vs1, maybe that's not my job. But I wish people would stop coming out of nowhere and making out like it's even possible let alone common place for this to happen.

Sorcs beating warriors? Cut us all a break would you, seriously now.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tribalware View Post
    No, they can't. Does anyone else here with experience in endgame PvP want to chime in and agree that a mage can beat a warrior 1vs.1? Obviously assuming they both have full health and mana. I just don't see where posts like this are coming from, I don't mind not being able to take down a warrior 1vs1, maybe that's not my job. But I wish people would stop coming out of nowhere and making out like it's even possible let alone common place for this to happen.

Sorcs beating warriors? Cut us all a break would you, seriously now.
    Well first of your should no that I pretty much have the top pvpers of the classes in my guild. At least I think so. Ill give you just one name: applejaqs is one of them. He and I can solo another tank.