Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox:949026
    Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Well said, everything u said is true.
    Says the rogue. And you are both wrong and very evidently never played a mage in CTF.

There's not just a few people who sees this glaring imbalance. And its frustrating to see people who is active in the forums easily dismiss our claims, and telling us how we should play.

If a class is OP, then the game is not balanced.

You are not even a mage so you don't see the frustrations in our class. Be a team player? I'm sorry, but out of all the classes warriors have the best skills to support a team. And even then they don't need anyone else but their class to do well in CTF.

And what support skills? The only support that anyone wants is our fireball knock back, and that too rogues and warriors want to get nerfed.
    Our heal is a joke as it does not benefit anyone when we are one shorted before we can use it.

Our sets of stuns? What sets of stuns? Only 100% knock back is fire and a charged normal stun. All other skills randomly works.

Game is not balanced when we don't have the same opportunity as the other classes to flag or make PvP kills. And this is the same stats that all classes are scored on.

I have over 1000 kills, and I also have a fully decked warrior. Playing mage is playing on hard mode.
    actauly
    the flag dmg is set by class now. so carrying the flag is balanced.

i play both mage and warrior.
    surely rogues/warrior can 1-2/5hits mages but a decent mage can bring down any class 1vs1 by doing stunlock. its just that mage class needs to do more work(kite) to win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    actauly
    the flag dmg is set by class now. so carrying the flag is balanced.

i play both mage and warrior.
    surely rogues/warrior can 1-2/5hits mages but a decent mage can bring down any class 1vs1 by doing stunlock. its just that mage class needs to do more work(kite) to win.
    I agree as a Mage we can bring down any class, but it does need a lot more work. Every class can chain stun so that's not a Mage class exclusive.

Warriors have 3 heals.

Horn of renew which also group shields and can fully heal an entire group.
    Juggernaut and vengeance both heal for roughly 500 health each.
    They also have skyward smash that sends them flying across the room.
    Or axe throw which can pull you from across the room.
    Whirlwind that does aoe melee dmg with a range of 6m that also roots.

Don't forget all they need to do is stack str for more power and over 3000hp

I also play a warrior and there is no balance between those two classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Juggernaut(without autoheal upgrade) and vengefull blood actualy doesnt heal. what the skill does is boosting health(juggernaut) and +25/50Str(vengefull) thus warrior is get a +500hp. HP will return once buff wears off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Juggernaut(without autoheal upgrade) and vengefull blood actualy doesnt heal. what the skill does is boosting health(juggernaut) and +25/50Str(vengefull) thus warrior is get a +500hp. HP will return once buff wears off.
    I understand how what the description says and how you get the health.

Adding 500 health to what you don't already have is a heal.

When you charge those skills you actually see +500hp in green and there is an increase of health in your health bar. Not only that you also get significant boosts in damage reduction, max health, criticals, and vengeful also charges your mana in full.

Cool down is very short too, that you can use those skills multiple times during a skirmish.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JuiceBox For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The topic is standing at page 27 for several days. It's seem people are tired of screaming about how warriors are incredible overpowered and how mages are underpowered. And yet we still haven't really seen any change or respond from the Dev team. Please, Sam, or just anyone in Dev team, please just tell us that you are reading this topic, and we are not try to write feedback that no one care about

Anyone plz tell me is there any change with time shift and Frost bolt effect? I had to respec before update so I don't know if these skills can root or freeze People in PvP? or just in PvE?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Sam has said tonight, that those Sorcerer skills are PVE fixes, not PVP

Gold iPad Air 2 Mini 64GB Wifi

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladycandyheal For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

charged frost does the slow down. never seen freeze though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I saw Freeze, 2 times in my 1000 kills, so you have 0,2% freeze maybe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a lvl 20 mage and game is very unbalanced only rogues rule there, 2 or 3 shot from rogue and im dead, U can like add something llike pvp weapons (other weapons can't be used in pvp but only pvp weapons), pvp helmet and armor( no other helmet or armor can be used but only pvp helmet and armor), pvp jewelary set( no other rings or amulets can be used but only pvp amulets and rings), and pvp pets
    THE PROUD MATSER OF THE PROUD GUILD-EARTHDOMINATORS!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fighter heal is too strong. My mage is all intelligence with best gear and it takes every ridiculous effort plus luck to kill a good fighter who has already been damaged! Their range on everything needs to be decreased or mage attack range and stun should be increased significantly, but that would just totally unbalance everything.
    I do feel rogues are OP being able to repetitively 1 or 2 hit me, but i can kill them of i stun and don't miss ANYTHING. If my second hit misses I'm dead.

Ive seen both rogue and fighter make really buff hard to kill flag grabbers, but this is impossible with mage. Our heal is crap. Sure we can restore mana, but i find myself begging fighters for their amazing heal. Even with balanced or high HP stats, I die insanely easy to either fighter or rogue, so i go all intell because there's really no point putting anything into str when it'll only make the difference between being one or 2 hitted.

In summary, nerf fighter damage and heal. Increase mage heal by at least x2 and have it add significantly more over time to self or remove cooldown. I dont understand how rogues get better heal skill than mage. That is just ridiculous. Even as pure intell, heal is pretty much useless because ill be dead anyways after my invulnerability wears off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As far as game dynamics go, teams should either be randomized or there should be some way of stalling a start until it is 5v5, the game starts at 3v5 and that is just stupid. I think max lvl pvp 21 should be restricted to 21 only seeing as ppl at this level usually have their character tricked out, as opposed to a potential newer player at 19 or 20 with not so optimal gear.
    Skills that bypass flag debuff should be nerfed or the flag debuff should be removed entirely. Mage skill does not work to imcrease speed with flag, but fighterz and rogues can zip across the screen and through walls, it's ridiculous.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aithusa View Post
    As far as game dynamics go, teams should either be randomized or there should be some way of stalling a start until it is 5v5, the game starts at 3v5 and that is just stupid. I think max lvl pvp 21 should be restricted to 21 only seeing as ppl at this level usually have their character tricked out, as opposed to a potential newer player at 19 or 20 with not so optimal gear.
    Skills that bypass flag debuff should be nerfed or the flag debuff should be removed entirely. Mage skill does not work to imcrease speed with flag, but fighterz and rogues can zip across the screen and through walls, it's ridiculous.
    Total agree with the flag thing. its unfair that warrior and rogue could carry the flag much faster around bcos their skills. warrior has the speed and health . rogue has the speed. mages has nothing. u even can see some warriors carrys flag go around killing others. do u see any mage does that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    Total agree with the flag thing. its unfair that warrior and rogue could carry the flag much faster around bcos their skills. warrior has the speed and health . rogue has the speed. mages has nothing. u even can see some warriors carrys flag go around killing others. do u see any mage does that?
    LOL mages rarely carry flag because most go all out nuke or disable. Cannot really live beyond 2 second shield timer, especially vs rogue. In maxed out best gear, fighter beats all and some 2vs1. I cannot believe the range on fighter attacks i die offscreen so much to that stupid going glitchy crap all the time. If i get hooked im dead. It's ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thing.... Charging the shield for knoclback almost always misses, it should really be 100% and do some insane knockback or stun for it to be any use at all.
    I tried support build today... It's so lame. Yay i can put skill points into worst ability just so rogue ally can be nonstop kill machines. At least they follow me now lol. Btw curse is useless, just remove it from game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

There r a few main issues in pvp. att range. one shot kill. heal. stun. dmg and mana. ability to run.

first. Attack range. it includes normal attack range and skill attack range.

Normal attack range.

The normal attack range i feel that all class r the same. maybe the locking range warrior is shorter. not sure about it. What makes different is the health. as the dmg gap is not that significant between classes. Rogue and mage r much easier to b killed. the advangtage for mage and rogue is they have stun with the charged normal attack. 50%.

Skill attack range.

I think the aimed shot has the longest attack range in all classes skills. and its deadly. Mages fireball has the same range as other class skills. when it explode it sames long. but itneed to reach the player to explode. and that range is much shorter than aimed shot. warriors skyward smash feels also longer than the fireball. and the windmill attack range need to b nerfed. bcos its a so powerful skill. high dmg with snare with big att range. much superior skill than mages fireball. as fireball only hit once with 50% of stun. not sure about rogues piercer. att range. at least ppl have a chance to get out of it.

One shot kill.

The most time we r talking about rogues one shot kill. Warriors complaining about it. so u should know how mages feels about it. but iits fair to rogue. they mean to b high dmg. but when it hit chance r too high. it just takes a lot fun out of game. Warriors windmill couod b in this categary as well. it could kill any mage and rogue in one hit. it hits 3-5times? i mean it kills in one skill. but mages dont have that kind of skills. charged lighting maybe one. crit say 15%. in pvp its far lower than that. and it wont kill any full gear rogue. dont even dream about warriors.

Heal

Everyone knows warrior has much better heal than others. we think this way. one warriors heal can take 5 more hits. one mages heal can take most 2 more hit. rogue seems has the worst heal skill. but good rogue can through heal pack just under their body dont need to go around to collect. iit just need more practice.

Stun

Warrior has two stun skills skyward smash. and the chain axe. sry too lazy to go back check the exect name. and both r deadly to rogue and mages. we just talking about how many time we being stuned. never talk about the impact. for mage and rogue being stuned by warrior. it just means one thing death. if a warrior stuned by a rogue is almost the same. but a worrior is stuned by a mage that another story. first the windmill can bounce off any mages stun skills. and also it takes at least 5 stun to kill a warrior based on not made any mistakes. once single mistake the mage will die. the stun between mage and rogue r more even. who be stuned first who says bye bye.

Damage.

Rogue suppose has the highest dmg. but warrior suppose has the lowest. it seems the case but its not showing at lv21. Warrior has the lowest DPS. but not the dmg. as in pvp every fight finishes in about 5 seconds. not including mage v warrior long stun run game. DPS is not important. as warrior has simular dmg with other class and they have tons more armor and health. this how the fight is not balanced. specially to mage as low crit low skill dmg.

Mana

Mages has the most mana compare to others. but the usage r high as well. Warrior has the best mana storage in the game. their mana not much as mages but the usage r much lower. dont need much mana to kill. the regeneration of mana is enough for them for the full game. Rogue has the lowest mana. they go in to kill and pull out . if a rogue with high dmg high crit and high mana? it just a killing machine noone can stop it.

Ability to run.

as when u see three of enemies in front of u . u wanna to escape. warrior has the skyward smash. rogue has the zip thing. mage only has the charged storm. the mage will long dead before finish the charge. smashed the skyward or shot dead by aimed shot.

STS have done a good job on pvp. but it makes me feel pvp is for warrior and rogue. mages have been left out a bit. not good on killing . cant carry the flag. support the team? only the stun does that. and it become the easy target to any other class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Try skyward to escape a mob, you'll jump right into it. LOL

Mages don't have escape tools because they have range crowd control skills. If you're worried about mana, spec heal advantage to replenish mana and get these little blue crosses. Mage damage is respectable. You mention storm which makes me think maybe you're just not specked for pvp? Try fireball, lightning, shield, heal and profit.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

[QUOTE=Heiki;955220]Try skyward to escape a mob, you'll jump right into it. LOL

Mages don't have escape tools because they have range crowd control skills. If you're worried about mana, spec heal advantage to replenish mana and get these little blue crosses. Mage damage is respectable. You mention storm which makes me think maybe you're just not specked for pvp? Try fireball, lightning, shield, heal and profit.[/QUOTE/]

just talking about it in general thx for the advice. u mean the mana heal. its same as the health heal. what can i say about it? charged fireball? is it a reallg crowd control skill? suppose warrior does that kind of work.

abilty to run is talking about u r not within any ppls att range. if u r in the att range of course u jump into the crowd. it also not only for escape it works for carrying the flag too.
    Last edited by warbluefish; 02-04-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

2 weeks in and no fixes for the uselessness of Mages. I am avoiding pvp like the plague and stashing coins for the next expansion as I am hoping that's when some tweaks will be made.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lalarie View Post
    I get killed with 1 aimed shot everytime....
    Unlucky u haha.. Takes 3 rougues to take me down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Evilgoat View Post
    Unlucky u haha.. Takes 3 rougues to take me down
    Takes 1 rougues to take me down