Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jerahmeel De Guzman View Post
    Do all of the mages AoE crowd control skills work?
    On that note, can rogues and warriors dash/sky smash pass through a charged time shift?
    Also, can warriors and rogues dash/sky smash with the flag without slowing them down?
    Why can the big elephant class keep up with the other classes in terms of speed?
    Fireball still delivers a stun but it's our only stun. All of the frost skills are redundant as they don't slow or freeze. Yes skyward and dash work with the flag, no the speed buff from gale for mages does not. Skyward and dash also breeze straight through a charged clock with the root perk added. These skills also seem to grant a brief moment of invulnerability against our stun, as loosing a fireball once a rogue or warrior jumps seems to cause an automatic miss. Skyward however does stun, and a warriors standard attack seems to outrange mine.

To Juice - looking forward to taking a beating tomorrow. After you've killed me a few times maybe we could try standing in a room and just have me chain three damage spells at you, all you're allowed to use are your hp buffs. I bet you my mana runs out before you go down Int - 304, Dps - 275.3, mana - 3190
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tribalware View Post
    Fireball still delivers a stun but it's our only stun. All of the frost skills are redundant as they don't slow or freeze. Yes skyward and dash work with the flag, no the speed buff from gale for mages does not. Skyward and dash also breeze straight through a charged clock with the root perk added. These skills also seem to grant a brief moment of invulnerability against our stun, as loosing a fireball once a rogue or warrior jumps seems to cause an automatic miss. Skyward however does stun, and a warriors standard attack seems to outrange mine.

To Juice - looking forward to taking a beating tomorrow. After you've killed me a few times maybe we could try standing in a room and just have me chain three damage spells at you, all you're allowed to use are your hp buffs. I bet you my mana runs out before you go down Int - 304, Dps - 275.3, mana - 3190
    Of course knock yourself out! U can even practice your combos.

From playing with this build though I'm pretty sure you will be able to kill me eventually if I don't interrupt your spells and just stood still. As I don't have the warriors shield spell that heals and makes me invulnerable.

This build is more for pvping than running flags.. But who needs to run when there's no one alive to chase you.

Pvping 2 mages at the same time is doable but not 3.

To everyone else who wants to leave the thread or says there is no point in this. What's the best way to prove that an endgame mage cannot beat an endgame warrior 1v1other than having just that a mage vs a warrior.

Honestly I believe I can even claim this. I don't think there is a mage out there that can beat my warrior 1vs1. And I'm not even pro.

If you are a mage or you know one who can. Let's do this. I want to learn how.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Sorc gale wind can stun. I prefer to use fire for stun first and then follow with wind as i talented it for dodge. No need for dodge while theyre cc'd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Patricks View Post
    Tbh, i dont think drgrimmy would say mage vs warrior 1v1 both in comparably top spec would be 50/50 odds as he has expressed similar grievances about mages, but i cant be certain of what he would say. I can only say drgrimmy is a very nice dude.
    Well I have had melo say that she is doing very well against warriors currently. But meh, it is true that the hardest to play is sorcerer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I hold up pretty good against warriors until they start critting. For at least part of the fight they only have a 50% chance to hit me, and about 50% of those hits will be while im shielded. Sorc warr matches go on so long though sometimes they can be hard to finish before someone else comes in and kill steals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Rouge r so underpowreded!!!! Why u no mak classes balanced!?!?!? Inconceivable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I will agree with the complaints about mage vs. warrior. I'm a pretty skilled mage. I know this because when I face other mages, I win about 80% of the time, and most of the time I still got 75%+ of my health left.

But when I go up against a warrior, if I win then it is far from an easy win. Usually I'm almost dead and I just barely beat him. But often times I get killed by a warrior very easily. So my conclusion is that the warriors I am just barely winning against are the ones with lousy gear or less skilled, and the ones with good gear and well skilled are beating me easily.

This indicates that it is not a level playing field. As I previously mentioned, I'd like to see Crit boosted for INT points, so that mages have decent crit like rogues. If every 4th or 5th hit from a mage was a crit, then our overall damage would be increased by 15-20% which I think would even things out. Lightning would then become our premium kill skill, which right now we are lacking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Warriors are overpowered; high health & self healing. Once 3 or more of them start stampeding and jumping like hopping elephants in an African Safari there's no stopping it. Try to imagine the stampede from the Jumanji movie:
    "Run, it's a stampede" ... my thoughts exactly.

Stunning to try to run away doesn't do anything since they can easily bounce back and catch up.
    Last edited by Jerahmeel De Guzman; 01-23-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The healing skills need to be taken out of PvP pet bug needs to be fixed who's gonna really care if you die or not it makes it unfair for people its not like you'll be discriminated I can understand healing in PvE but that's just a given.

Anyway that's pretty much it that I would like to see happen it just makes it unfair to everyone trying to PvP the way the game was supposed to be played its a fun perspective to the game I enjoy it even though I don't do so well I just try to have fun with it I'm not going for the top I like where I'm at now thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox View Post
    I second this.

Why is it always a a non mage saying that their bestfriend's friends friend is a top mage is having no problems and owning warriors.

I'm having problems killing those warriors. And now they travel in 2s and 3s.
    Better yet to prove a point.

Someone name your mage II'll use my warrior.
    I'll go spec that dreaded skyward smash (high damage, stun, flies across the map), whirlwind(aoe dps snare), juggernaut,(500heal), vengeful blood (500heal+mana regent+crit buff).

1vs1 let's see. Maybe I need lessons playing my mage.
    Everyone has hard times killing warrior. Rouge has high dmg but if he runs ut of mana first till he can kill warrior its late for him. Stunts r very painful too even when i wake up from it im slowed down charged razor shield does not help against slowing as he should. Even warriors r affraid of other warriors u think they back u up but they run away.. isnt a rouge the one with lower hp and armor to run away -_-

I usualy run to mana cross to replenish mana and can kill 2 warriors if im lucky and they dont stun me or r not cooperate. But group of 3 just stumped u to dead didnt even notice there were some mage or rouge on the way. I dont speak of soloing but full group againts them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ive been reading everyones comments and agree with some but not all. I have a mage and rogue and I find that warriors are way too powerful, esp with self buffs but also some rogues are very powerful as well so in a way i think these two classes can balance out. However, poor mages, even the really good ones ive seen dont stand much of a chance. Armour is too low and for skills like gale i find you have to be nearly on top of enemies to be really effective. If they sneak up behind, lights out.
    On the whole, this is what I find:
    Rogues - need a self buff and increased mana
    Wars - more dps but less self buffs and or dmg
    Mages - higher armour and skills need to be tweeked to be more effective.
    This just my opinion from playing heaps with both rogue and mage. Havent taken my war inside the arena yet.

Side note - i really hope we can keep pets i too think it adds another dimension to the game.
    Also, what about being able to make games rather than just going in random? Maybe the ability to make a room and open it up to public once youve invited?
    Lastly, i too would like to see more health and mana in the maps.

Really enjoying pvp even though i get whomped some days. Oh, can we please please please have king of the ring like DL?

Thanks for reading guys. Have fun and happy hunting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Rogues are Crazy overpowered, they are unstoppable in pvp. also mages are a bit weak.

There is a saying in the Old D&D Playing days, "A Alert Mage is Unstoppable, A Surprised Mage is Dead". I think mages should be putting out more damage then both the other classes, after all there using magic and shooting fire balls out there hands and all that good stuff. But as far as Rogues go, there dmg is crazy high. I am lvl 20 Warrior with semi decent gear but not the best armor and still just get 1 shot one after another. its just getting boring now lol..

warriors seem to be the most balanced class in pvp as far as dmg and all that but everything could use some work i guess.

a reward would be cool for winning and pets would be even better, maybe 2 or 3 different maps that can be picked by votes before the game starts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What about after normalizing rogues damage, they get a stealth mode. 30 second cd, and only activates after 5 seconds of no debuff - that way they cant use it to vanish or hips while in combat. All while letting their first _melee_ attack while stealthed do double damage that bypassesall shields or something reasonable that still gives them the slight advantage in that situation. Throw in a stun on it too. Something like that is more inline with what most peoples perceptionsof what rogues are about. Make rogues rely on their natural adilities. Just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgenocide View Post
    Rogues are Crazy overpowered, they are unstoppable in pvp. also mages are a bit weak.

There is a saying in the Old D&D Playing days, "A Alert Mage is Unstoppable, A Surprised Mage is Dead". I think mages should be putting out more damage then both the other classes, after all there using magic and shooting fire balls out there hands and all that good stuff. But as far as Rogues go, there dmg is crazy high. I am lvl 20 Warrior with semi decent gear but not the best armor and still just get 1 shot one after another. its just getting boring now lol..

warriors seem to be the most balanced class in pvp as far as dmg and all that but everything could use some work i guess.

a reward would be cool for winning and pets would be even better, maybe 2 or 3 different maps that can be picked by votes before the game starts?
    I disagree with the post more than any other in the last 18 pages.

Warriors are the LEAST balanced class. Having the highest HP plus the best heals and buffs (yes, better than mages, that is CRAZY) is just ridiculous. Why are warriors so fast? Remove healing all together and make their stuns less effective. They also need less range on their attacks. They can't be that flexible with such huge biceps.

All classes are unbalanced to some extent, but warriors are the most.

Mages attacks too weak. Their AoE attacks also need to be very strong. I'd say they should be the strongest in the game, however have very slow cool down times to stop them being abused. Also higher crit would be good for them, but not elite like rouge.

Rouges aimed shot needs to be nerfed a little, but base damage needs to stay high and MP raised a little.
    Shadowina | Rogue, level 26

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-Zaak View Post

Warriors are the LEAST balanced class. Having the highest HP plus the best heals and buffs (yes, better than mages, that is CRAZY) is just ridiculous. Why are warriors so fast? Remove healing all together and make their stuns less effective. They also need less range on their attacks. They can't be that flexible with such huge biceps.

Mages attacks too weak. Their AoE attacks also need to be very strong. I'd say they should be the strongest in the game, however have very slow cool down times to stop them being abused. Also higher crit would be good for them, but not elite like rouge.

Rouges aimed shot needs to be nerfed a little, but base damage needs to stay high and MP raised a little.
    if you are using pure int or dex, your toon will has lowest amount of HP. This will give easy kill to any class.

I tried pure str as a rogue before, i can withstand aimed shot and able to get away.

Eventually, it is one of the choices,damage or defense.. You cant have both of the world.

Warrior can kill, but it hit less damage compare to Rogues.

Aside to this, i wonder did any one consider to remove the "stun" for a charged attack. Mage is good for magic, stun is inclusive for mage. This will be one of the features that mage will look forward too.

And some of the Mage skills are not for PVP, which mean some skills do not work properly in PvP
    Last edited by currycrab; 01-23-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-Zaak View Post

Rogue skills needs to be nerfed but should make up to decent and fast normal attacks. Imo rogues must not be skill dependent, they should be able to do good offense by using normal attacks since mp is low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Hey Devs,

I have played a lot of PvP; won some, lost some, but none more frustrating than dying in a stun lock caused by a rogue. Its like "death is inevitable", you can't fight back, just accept it.

Warriors could never have 100% stun. Not even from a charged Skyward Smash. Even the so-called strongest warrior skill i.e. Windmill, has no stun, and has too long cooldown (10 secs). However, rogue's skills mostly costs 2 secs cooldown. No wonder they can easily spam their skills to get confirmed stun effects.

This stun lock and high DPS is the reason PvP is so unbalanced in favour of Rogues. Rogues only require a few seconds to kill off a well armored warrior. The stun ensures the warrior have no chance of fighting back, and the usual death animation I get after being killed by a rogue is a still-standing Warrior (proof that my warrior died while being stunned). Also, due to the fact that la warrior's attack skills has longer cooldown times (see above) as compared to a rogue's attack skills, it's plainly "Game Over".

Rogues virtually occupy all the space in the PvP leaderboards. Isn't that definite proof that PvP favours rogues?

NOTE: I was told by Rogue users that the stun effect is from a Bow. Seems that only this weapon has stun effects. Really nice, devs. Why can't other classes have weapons with stun effects too?

NOTE2: I don't really mind stun effects from mages. After all, everyone acknowledges that they are underpowered in PvP, and I guess mages having stun effects kinda balances the odds somewhat in their favour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One more thing that i notice, Colton is extremely expensive.

2mil - 3mil for 1 "equipment", is that worth that price? And this is a "must-have" pet for Mage. Is there a way that can sink the price down?

Since Mage have low critical, their damage base must be HIGH. This pet will boost it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Colton was free for me. just do your dailies. I almost have a 2nd one now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

reward would be great. Maybe a PVP coin system. 3 coins for winning, 1 for losing, +1 to the 3 people with the most kills (most you could get from 1 game is 4 coins, least is 1) This promotes both winning and actively engaging in combat

Coins could be used at a PVP vendor. You could have the following be purchasable with coins
    Current level gear (25-26 gear for new patch coming) -costing a fairly high coin amount, 26 gear would be extremely costly
    Pets - High cost amount
    Potion packs - moderate-high cost amount
    legacy gear (20-21, 15-16, 25-26 when lvl 31 cap comes out) - low cost
    Low quality pets - moderate cost
    anything else you can think of.....