Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cashews View Post
    I don't think the problem is that we don't know how to play ranged classes.
    From what I have experienced, warriors have longer range on their attacks than either sorcerers or rogues. The warrior can be way down the hallway from me, and he swings his sword or axe, and even though it doesn't look like it comes even close to hitting me, I get hit. At the same distance if I try to shoot my fireball at him, it doesn't go far enough to hit him. Also, the warrior can just all the way down the hallway to attack someone. Warriors got better range than anyone else.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    From what I have experienced, warriors have longer range on their attacks than either sorcerers or rogues. The warrior can be way down the hallway from me, and he swings his sword or axe, and even though it doesn't look like it comes even close to hitting me, I get hit. At the same distance if I try to shoot my fireball at him, it doesn't go far enough to hit him. Also, the warrior can just all the way down the hallway to attack someone. Warriors got better range than anyone else.
    that is the thing im wondering about. it looks like warrior can lock on their targets with normal attack. it always hapens during the fight and u want to keep some distance to use ur spell . it seems the sword no where near the mage but u still take the dmg. maybe the mage is still in warriors att range but we just cant see it. if so hope devs could work on it a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nerf warrior healing!!!

Oh no...I got little health..I run to mommy and healz! Then I just turn around and and 1shot the poor ****ty mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

This pvp still unfair rogue and mage still unbalance with warrior, rogue still high damage and very easy kill warrior pls make all balance damage n fair

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    that is the thing im wondering about. it looks like warrior can lock on their targets with normal attack. it always hapens during the fight and u want to keep some distance to use ur spell . it seems the sword no where near the mage but u still take the dmg. maybe the mage is still in warriors att range but we just cant see it. if so hope devs could work on it a bit.
    That is called you lagging.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kiffnshey View Post
    This pvp still unfair rogue and mage still unbalance with warrior, rogue still high damage and very easy kill warrior pls make all balance damage n fair
    I might have to disagree with that though. If this was the case, then there would be no specialty for each class. Rogues are meant to crit and deal heavy single damage whereas Warriors are meant to stay longer and be durable to any forms of attack while dishing out a fair amount of damage.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    That is called you lagging.
    Nope, it's not due to lagging. It's due to the warriors having a much larger range than what you can see in the graphics. The sword might be 3 feet long, but in practice it has a range of 15 meters long.

I know this because often times I get hit while the warrior is way down the hallway, and I was not running away nor was he running towards me. He just reaches out and hits me, while at the same time I shoot my fireball (which has a 14m range). My fireball doesn't go far enough to hit him, but he surely hits me. It has happened numerous times.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

its not lagging. my ping is always about 200. and u can see at warrior jump over the walls and the arrow went through the wall. went in from other side the wall and went out this side of the wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    I might have to disagree with that though. If this was the case, then there would be no specialty for each class. Rogues are meant to crit and deal heavy single damage whereas Warriors are meant to stay longer and be durable to any forms of attack while dishing out a fair amount of damage.
    I'm perfectly fine with that, except last time I faced you in CTF I died in 5 seconds and was stunned the whole time by your bow charged normal attack.

I didn't really feel durable and it didn't seem like I dealt a "fair amount of damage".

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

haha. rogue players r playing lot betternow. i think i get one shot kill about 70% chance when i faceing a rogue now.

mages stun is good. but how many chance can get to 1 v1 whit warrior. and also u will be ganged down long before u finish the warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with that, except last time I faced you in CTF I died in 5 seconds and was stunned the whole time by your bow charged normal attack.

I didn't really feel durable and it didn't seem like I dealt a "fair amount of damage".
    She has the best rogue gear lol. And 1v1 against a rouge with a bow is just hard to win.

The problem with warriors is that once they clump, they become an invincible bunch of blenders just mowing down people. And in my opinion it's not really that fun because not a lot of skill is required to carry out that strategy. Just stick, spin, heal, kill. And they're unstoppable unless the enemy is a good and well coordinated team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I think as limmy said, rogues are meant to deal high damage and mages are meant to stun and do aoe attacks. Real problem here is warrior, who have heals which shouldnt be bad if they don't have such high damage. Their damage isn't that low compared to rogues and mages u see. And their protective sheild should only last for 1 sec. Also those mages who complain that they can't last fpor 2-3 secs and die in one shot, either u choose a build where u have all 4 attacking skills and die in one shot it u choose a balanced build and take shield, heal, lightning and flame. With shield and heal, really really hard to defeat a mage. They literally play with pour characters like toys, keep us stunned and attack when they want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Fully agree, hence the warrior does not survive. Rogues, high damage, indeed. Warrior, survive, but it's not the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

What could be done in my opinion is that the cool down for windmill and skyward should be increased a bit, or just increase the mana needed to use them, since warrs can spam their skills without even worrying about mana most of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    What could be done in my opinion is that the cool down for windmill and skyward should be increased a bit, or just increase the mana needed to use them, since warrs can spam their skills without even worrying about mana most of the time.
    Disagree. Did you even try PvP with as maxed warrior?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Umm, nope. I guess my observations are not really correct then. Then please ignore the suggestions about the cool downs and mana. How about a small tweak, maybe stop windmill from damaging people when the warr is stunned?

Windmill is a bit too powerful againsts squishies at the moment based on my observations. I think that something should be done to prevent invincible warriors sticking together stomping all over the map. I hope you get what I mean...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    Umm, nope. I guess my observations are not really correct then. Then please ignore the suggestions about the cool downs and mana. How about a small tweak, maybe stop windmill from damaging people when the warr is stunned?

Windmill is a bit too powerful againsts squishies at the moment based on my observations. I think that something should be done to prevent invincible warriors sticking together stomping all over the map. I hope you get what I mean...
    Yeah this I agree. Skills shouldn't attack while stunned, even if I never knew that? O.o

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Everything is unfair. Only fair thing would be if MY CHARACTER IS GIVEN THE POWER OF IMMORTALITY!!!! I WANTZZZ IMMORTALITEEEZZZZZZ!!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Catwomann For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Nope, it's not due to lagging. It's due to the warriors having a much larger range than what you can see in the graphics. The sword might be 3 feet long, but in practice it has a range of 15 meters long.

I know this because often times I get hit while the warrior is way down the hallway, and I was not running away nor was he running towards me. He just reaches out and hits me, while at the same time I shoot my fireball (which has a 14m range). My fireball doesn't go far enough to hit him, but he surely hits me. It has happened numerous times.
    Totally agree. I experience this often. War's have sick range. I can be in front of a war, fireball stun him/her, use gale speed boost to move in a straight line away. War will jump and smash, etc. and hit me with the animation being my rifle shot away. Puts me in disbelief all the time to see that. Escaping is extremely difficult when they pursue. Jump and weapon range is ridiculous. I play on wired cable connection. Ping typically 167, and rarely above 200.
    Last edited by Uvabo; 01-29-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Mana keeps warriors and rogues somewhat closer to each other. Rogues cannot spam these 2k crits or we would all be rogues. Now i wonder how interesting it is to gear for high int on a rogue... Aim shot damage modifiers look like they can take care of the damage part even if you lose a bit of dex.

EDIT: just for giggles I bought the cheapest gear I could find for my lvl 20 rogue, I've got a lifethief with strength and int, helm with strength and int and chest is dex/dodge ranger vest kind. Trinkets are potency blues. Build is aim shot, razor, TRAP, heal. So yea, i'm really gimping this toon...

Lo and behold I still kill more than on my warrior and maintain a positive K/D ratio. Survivability is acceptable with the healthpacks and aim shot still crits at around 1.5k.

For info my war is lvl 20, juggernaut chest, berserker helm and watchman sword of assault, legendary trinkets of potency. So yea, come and tell me warriors dominate another day please.
    Last edited by Heiki; 01-29-2013 at 09:51 PM.