Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The devs probly play rogues thats why they're keeping pvp so unbalanced for so long. Or at least I hope that's the case and not something else - stupidity.

That said, I cant help but to wonder why the devs cant at least address the points of imbalances made all over this forum. People here are giving them good feedback, never mind your freaking pay checks, and they dont think the comments here warrant at least 1 post of feedback? When the devs grow a spine and maybe an ounce of appreciation for this community that pays their bills and makes some reasonable changes or even makes a reply, I wont waste my time and money on this game any further. Nor will I suggest it to any of the millions of friends I have with smart phones / tablets.

Matter of fact, the dev team has displayed such a gross level of incompetence that I don't care what they do from this point forward. They have no business making an mmo, much less making money off one. Good luck, you're going to need it.
    Last edited by linuxjedi; 02-05-2013 at 04:56 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to linuxjedi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

PvP hasn't been out for a month and you already go batsht crazy? Even the arena title says it's still in a trial phase. If you don't enjoy PvP at the moemetn then don't PvP!

Devs probably don't have the time to play their game too much so there is little chance they would skewer the game's odds in favor of rogues like you so puerily think so.

I'm glad the devs are taking their time with balancing so they avoid any kneejerk reaction. Game is not far from being balanced. Considering the quality and fun factor of this game, I wouldn't say the devs are incompetent. Yes its not as deep as O&C but there is potential to add some content as they cash in on plat spendings to invest on development.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Can Spacetime Studios be ANY WORSE at making PvP ANYTHING ? CTF is the STUPIDEST instance EVER for PvE Heros! Kills arent counted right, DMG BASED NOT KILL SHOT!, classes are op. It's absurd and they should be spending all their time fixing it instead of worrying about lame updates. I have 4.3k hp buffed and almost 1k armor and I got 1 shot today by a rouge, LULZ, NO CLASS should be able to take away 4.3khp in one hit. STOP FU***** Off STS and fix this GARBAGE!

I can't even tell you how many BADDIES I see playing with decent K/D ratios because the swoop in after dieing 8 times in a fight to take the last hit while I'm still standing there taken dmg and giving it out, like wtf. Thanks STS for maknig my contributions to the fight,e.g. they wouldn't exist without a warrior, count for nothing. Make the FU***** kills count by DAMAGE DONE not same lame a** kid baddie who gets lucky and gets the last hit in. LULZ @ knowing NOTHING of MMO mechanics and PvP, almost all MMOs are DMG based for kill counts, cuz we all know baddies get lucky, so stop helping the terribaddies look good and fix this so good players get their dues!

Blah, blah, blah...this wasn't meant to be negative. Just me laying out the realistic flaws and what people are REALLY thinking. I know for a fact I'm not alone on this. Please noone get their feelings hurt.
    Reason for Editing: Sam says I need to be nice.
    Last edited by Hroovitnir; 02-07-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

It still looks like a nerdrage

I agree on the kill counting though. Not because of baddies because, let's face it, sometimes luck swings your way and you also skysmash onto a half dead mage and splatter little blue brain debris on the walls. I'd like CTF to count damage done, taken and healing done which would highlight MVPs easier than allowing rogues to faceroll with aimed shot in every skillslot.
    Last edited by Heiki; 02-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    It still looks like a nerdrage

I agree on the kill counting though. Not because of baddies because, let's face it, sometimes luck swings your way and you also skysmash onto a half dead mage and splatter little blue brain debris on the walls. I'd like CTF to count damage done, taken and healing done which would highlight MVPs easier than allowing rogues to faceroll with aimed shot in every skillslot.
    Well geared tanks don't get lucky. With 4.3k hp and 300+ STR I'm doing people 250-300dmg a hit or so without a crit. I do MOST of the dmg and some rouge or mage gets lucky with a kill shot, its absurd when I'm the one who is actually the good player, that's all I'm saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Get off your high horses, you're not the best player out there all the time. And again, 4.3k is during the 15 seconds Juggernaut last. Health doesnt mean shht if your attack is so low you cant actually finish anyone off before their team comes to support them.

I get similar damage figures as yours. You should play a rogue to get a feel for what kind of damage they can actually put out. 2k-2.5k crits are not uncommon so a 700-800 crit from your war (which is probably the highest you'll ever see) is really not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Of course not, but mind you pretty much noone has 4.3k hp, I'll submit an SS if needed and unless someone has the same build I;m using they wont ever see 4.3 or the 4.5k I'll have when done. And Rouges are SUPER OP right now, I got hit for 4k yesterday, lulz. Juggs alone isn't giving me my 4.3k+ hp most get 4k or so with Juggs. But I digress, you are spot on with the damage figures, I do crit for around 800ish, I have seen 1k before. Again, because of my uncommon build. Yes, warriors don't put out enough DPS necessarily, but a good cycle will put the deeps where it needs to be. Which is why kill counts should be counted by damage done and not last hit taken, again I digress. PvP needs much work and I have been assured it will be receiving it. So I shall wait and see and only add constructive criticism from now on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Again, no big secret to building a war and it's quite straightforward to gear as well. If you have 300 str then anyone with 300 str can match your HP values under juggernaut.

Like you kindly offer, I'd like to see a screenshot where you have 4300 HP, over 1000 armor and still be capable of critting for 1000.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have over 300 STR by a bit. And once I am done building my toon this week or next, I will submit you an SS with me with 4.5k HP. The crit thing is, let be honest, to hard to do. I cant be fighting see a little number pop up hit home button + camera button and take a pic all without dieing or even fast enough before it went away, lol. So you'll just have to take my word for it when you see my stats, haha. But yes no problem submitting one.

But what I wont do, is share my build, lol. Hence why I will have a vanity on in the SS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Fact is the devs constantly work on this project, but they've neglected to read a single page of this thread or they're utterly stupid. Sadly I suspect a bit of both. 28 pages of the same complaints, and they've not done anything to fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linuxjedi View Post
    Fact is the devs constantly work on this project, but they've neglected to read a single page of this thread or they're utterly stupid. Sadly I suspect a bit of both. 28 pages of the same complaints, and they've not done anything to fix it.
    Are you a big plat spender and a valuable customer? Or are you one of those free players than demand everything be done and fixed as soon as problems arise?

Seriously give STS some time, on top of the upcoming expansion and other things, i'm sure they're well aware of all your concerns and they will obviously pick the best fix that will cator to the majority.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Are you a big plat spender and a valuable customer? Or are you one of those free players than demand everything be done and fixed as soon as problems arise?

Seriously give STS some time, on top of the upcoming expansion and other things, i'm sure they're well aware of all your concerns and they will obviously pick the best fix that will cator to the majority.
    Wtf does my exspendatures have to do with a braindead dev team that wont ljsten to their community? You're about as retarded as they are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linuxjedi View Post
    Wtf does my exspendatures have to do with a braindead dev team that wont ljsten to their community? You're about as retarded as they are.
    Apparently you are under the impression that developing a game is something that is done in a few hours. It is NOT. Any changes they make is going to take weeks. So trust me, they are indeed listening. You just have no patience. Perhaps you should not play AL for a few months. Then when you come back I'm sure you will see some of the changes you seek.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Apparently you are under the impression that developing a game is something that is done in a few hours. It is NOT. Any changes they make is going to take weeks. So trust me, they are indeed listening. You just have no patience. Perhaps you should not play AL for a few months. Then when you come back I'm sure you will see some of the changes you seek.
    He is under the impression that bugs and fixes can be fixed in a snap.
    If you have any basic knowledge of computer coding, even the simplest bug requires extensive testing and can take along time to fix.

He is probably also under the impression that STS is some major gaming corp (like Blizzard) that can tweak things within a few days.
    If you want them to tweak things or release faster content then I suggest you and your friends to purchase more plat and support them. That way they might be able to higher more staff to quickly meet player demands.

And i'd like to point out that your opinions or a few pages of the same opinion doesn't generally reflect the public's opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    He is under the impression that bugs and fixes can be fixed in a snap.
    If you have any basic knowledge of computer coding, even the simplest bug requires extensive testing and can take along time to fix.
    They can be fixed in a snap. I rewrote gentoo's init.rc changing maybe 50 lines of code and tested it in about 1 hour, it was sent upstream and stuck in repository about 20 minutes after that. This is one of the largest software projects in the world and a file that affects a computers ability to boot. Sorry I'm only fluent in c99 sed bash python clisp sh and awk so my knowledge of coding and fixing bugs may not be as well as yours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Right, so not sure if this is appropriate place but it isabout an imbalance in pvp but has to do with levels.
    So for at least the third time, and about the fourth seeing one player inparticular, ive been on my level 13 rogue and lvl 21s join game (and 18-19s). How is it possible level 12-16 could defeat a 21? Ofc if the 21 was any sort of player, i assume hed be playing other 21s but thats besides the point.
    Yes,i have screenies...but is it really worth bringing it to sts attention? Im sure others already have.
    Anywho, WHATS UP WITH LEVEL BALANCE STS? And what are your guys' thoughts on this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think there should just be a won/loss record. I tend to play the support mage role, and I find my teams win like 80% of the time because most other teams don't have a good support mage. So I would love to see a won/loss record added for CTF.

To avoid issues with people leaving games in the middle, you can work it like this:

1) If you play the whole game, then obviously you get either a win or a loss.

2) If you leave a game in the middle, then if your team wins you don't get credit for the win, but if your team loses then you get a loss, i.e. you must finish the game to get a win. This will discourage people from leaving games in the middle since there is always a chance you can come back and win.

3) If you join a game in the middle, then if your team wins you get a win, but if your team loses then you don't get a loss (since maybe you joined when your team was down 4-0). It will also encourage people to join games in the middle that have open slots since there would be no risk of doing so. So games won't fall apart in the middle because everyone leaves.

This will encourage team work and cause people to actually care about winning the game.
    Hmm...some nice suggestions.
    I also agree we need to have some sort of support award/achvmnt? Something because good support is part of the game regardless if it comes from heals n stuns from another or dmg done to opponents before a kill. The last shot gets the killis bit too simplistic and hopefully they will fix this in the future. Pending they ever read the comments and suggestions. Oh and sts, please dont make us pay plat for pvp buff upgrades

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Warrior's heal is better than the Sorcerer's heal
    Rogue's power better than the Sorcerer
    If so, What are the advantages of the Sorcerer.
    Sorcerer of heal should make better now
    and now Firebolt only shoot straight
    It is unfair
    Turn around and should be able to shoot
    and Above all, warriors need to downgrade
    because Warriors do not die.
    Last edited by ruddml1; 02-12-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Never, in any online game warriors in heavy armor are not treated better than doctors in a robe! This imbalance of the classes. He who wears the robe has a weak defense, but he heals himself and others. The one who wears heavy armor, can not be treated at all! Please remove the treatment of tanks or reduce it to 10.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ok but then please make us feel like we are wearing heavy armor instead of wet cardboard.

Never, in any online game warriors in heavy armor are 2 shotted by arrows.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior