Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My mage is decked out in Demonlord Security / Charward Assault, all L21, with the L21 brutal Int/str ring and necklace.

After putting points into Int and Damage, my stats come out at 1692 health, 275.9 DPS, 305 Int, and 543 armor.

I get one shot by rogues frequently, and it takes me like 15 seconds of kiting to kill a max geared warrior. But it can be done. I am most powerful when I'm standing behind a warrior of my own, though.

Not to give away all the secrets...
    Username : Jimmeh
    Guild Name : Arcane Energy
    Position : Guildmaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Melodicdeath View Post
    My personal complaint is I'm running out of mana far too quickly...I get one kill and all my mana stores are used up..then I get jumped by 3 others and can't defend myself.... it takes forever to restore my skills. I've been having a lot of fun despite this! Lovin pvp!
    Use Spacebar more. In fact, don't charge most of your moves unless you have time. It helps your dps, too.
    Username : Jimmeh
    Guild Name : Arcane Energy
    Position : Guildmaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rogues way over powered and mages... Very under powered I would say... Damn rogues one shoting!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I am actually suprised. I expected for the worst as my main is a mage. Actually not too bad.
    Took some time to get used to but now a solidly positive k/d with about 300 kills so far. Yes
    rogues can take me out with two shots, or one with a lucky crit. But rogues are also far easier
    to kill than warriors. For the average rogue, one on one, they may get the first shot in, but then
    I fireball, ice, gale, fireball, ice them and if they get in stun lock they are dead. Going up against
    a good rogue, I have to get lucky, and I go in assuming I will probably die. A warrior is much
    tougher. They take forever to kill. And if I let them get close, they can quickly kill me with one
    windmill. Despite all the talk of rogues being overpowered, I much rather face a rogue vs a
    warrior one on one. That being said, rogues do seem to be racking up the kills faster than any
    other class. It would be interesting if the leaderboards for PvP kills and ctf goals could also be
    divided up into different classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

also, please give us free respecs during this beta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is still in beta, and it needs alot of work before its anywhere as good as pl. Respecs need to be free for a time so that people can test out different stat and skill combos. Still good though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Warriors are ridiculously overpowered...it's almost impossible so that a sorcerer can 1vs1...please reduce their damage, because 3k health 900 armor and 150dps is OP...i am not a full built mage, but still with my 500 armor 1500health and 150 dps i get oneshoted by rogue, and die in 5 sec vs a warrior...please balance them, reduce warriors dmg or durability and i know that rogues are assassins..but come on 1 shot a mage? it's not fun at all, even if I stay behind, everyody knows mages how easily die they jump on me and dead...no fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Second that!

Quote Originally Posted by dakota1988 View Post
    also, please give us free respecs during this beta.
    I agree! If this PvP is gonna be a major part of the game, we should be able to adapt...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Been playing for a few hours now, evidently the classes are unbalanced. As a sorc with a dps of 273 my main complaint is with the warrior class. Rogues are clearly doing a bit too much damage, a maxed out mage vs a maxed out rogue shouldn't be a 1 hit wonder of a battle. However i've found most of my kills come from rogues, a fireball stun followed up by a quick lightning/frost combo is sometimes enough.

When facing a tank however, I mean why even bother? I run from every warrior I see even if I've got another mage stood by me, I watch them just solo around the maps cleaving through everything. The same warrior could kill me three times before I'd done enough damage to put him down and all I do is chain damage spells, some of the warrior skills effectively make escape impossible and entrapment a certainty.

Essentially after having put a lot of time and effort (not to mention real money, sts) into a powerful sorcerer he's rendered useless at the hands of a class who have a more useful set of support skills and deal out enough damage to cleave through a mage before taking a scratch. Curse is useless as the fights never last long enough, clock doesn't appear to be snaring/rooting effectively and even my frost doesn't seem to slow a warrior down. Not when he can leap halfway across the map at me or (?!) pull me towards him with some sort of chain and then just bludgeon me at close range.

I just don't see why any decent pvp team would want a mage on board? We have no skill set that makes us more useful than either the rogue or warrior in any pvp situation. It's still fun, but I hope something gets done to fix up the imbalances.
    Last edited by Tribalware; 01-19-2013 at 08:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SpiceMaister View Post
    Warriors are ridiculously overpowered...it's almost impossible so that a sorcerer can 1vs1...please reduce their damage, because 3k health 900 armor and 150dps is OP...i am not a full built mage, but still with my 500 armor 1500health and 150 dps i get oneshoted by rogue, and die in 5 sec vs a warrior...please balance them, reduce warriors dmg or durability and i know that rogues are assassins..but come on 1 shot a mage? it's not fun at all, even if I stay behind, everyody knows mages how easily die they jump on me and dead...no fun.
    I'm totally agree, I have a full built mage, max everything, but can easily killed by a rogue or war, mage is slow and low HP.
    War is suppose to have low dame right? how come they can kill me like an ant like that? I can't even run from War or rogue since they have chase skill, if I stand and fight with a War, I will die within 3s.

War's Buff HP is totally OVERPOWERED, can't kill them when they have that skill lol.

Not balance I must say...

So far, I think mage is underpowered by this game, in both PvP and PvE. In PvE, it's ok for a team which doesn't have mage, in fact, they could even clear the map or kill boss faster with 3 rogue and 1 tank. For PvP, so far, it's so easily to kill a mage, and so hard for mage to kill any other beside another mage.

I have mage, rogue and war all lv21 and max gears for all of them, so I'm not bias at all. Just say my opinion after nearly 2 months playing.
    Last edited by Xman; 01-19-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

arrior dmg is fine. it's the shield that ridiciuluous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

this thread is supposed to talk about class balance. ho can i understand the class balance if i dont have the chance to try every build possible. maybe there is no fix needed if every person have found the best possible build for each class.

conclusion: free respecs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if this is reported or not, but my 870armor full demonlord warr can't survive 2sec near rouge. I dont even make it to get my spell charaged to heal my self and I am allready dead. I get 2-shooted by rouges, it's insane -.- .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im a mage and, in my opinion, we are at a tight spot because we dont have much life nor damage. Rogues kill me with one shot, and warrior with two. Also, my character is me and my pets + potions. In a battle i should be able to perform to my fullest! If mages cant compete with tanks, then why do we even try? Dont get me wrong, i absolutely love arcane legends, but i cant help but to feel a little left out..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

All you complaining about aimed shot needing a nerf have no clue. If I don't get 1-3 shots kill then I have no mana left. If aimed gets nerfed, rogues need loads more mana. I find that I spend the majority of the game running back to my flag to pick up the mana thing.
    Also, warriors are incredibly op. They have pretty much everything, heals, health, damage and stuns. IMO they need a big nerf.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

My mage built is good for PvE but not as good for PvP, so my suggestion is instead of free respecs, give us a separate built for PvP, so when we join the arena our built will automatically changed to PvP built. Like normal built, if we want to change PvP built, we need to respec.

This solution base on the fact that skills needed for PvE and PvP are too different

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xman View Post
    I'm totally agree, I have a full built mage, max everything, but can easily killed by a rogue or war, mage is slow and low HP.
    War is suppose to have low dame right? how come they can kill me like an ant like that? I can't even run from War or rogue since they have chase skill, if I stand and fight with a War, I will die within 3s.

War's Buff HP is totally OVERPOWERED, can't kill them when they have that skill lol.

Not balance I must say...

So far, I think mage is underpowered by this game, in both PvP and PvE. In PvE, it's ok for a team which doesn't have mage, in fact, they could even clear the map or kill boss faster with 3 rogue and 1 tank. For PvP, so far, it's so easily to kill a mage, and so hard for mage to kill any other beside another mage.

I have mage, rogue and war all lv21 and max gears for all of them, so I'm not bias at all. Just say my opinion after nearly 2 months playing.
    I agree, however a mage can kill bosses too. Im a good help for my team because i freeze and heal. And even under attack i manage to survive because i have my pet and my POTIONS!! without them i might as well be 'naked' -.- I realize how difficult it must be to balance the three types in battle, but this giant gap between warriors/rogues and sorcerers is kinda ridiculous..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a rogue n sorc, i think yea its been rogue class master pvp for now just by 1 hit n sorc is dead, no matter what the armor of the sorc lol, its overpower i guess for rogue, warrior have a big dmg than sorc ?... lol its not balanced i guess.... sorc is the most weak here i guess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Totally agree !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meazeht View Post
    I agree, however a mage can kill bosses too. Im a good help for my team because i freeze and heal. And even under attack i manage to survive because i have my pet and my POTIONS!! without them i might as well be 'naked' -.- I realize how difficult it must be to balance the three types in battle, but this giant gap between warriors/rogues and sorcerers is kinda ridiculous..
    Totally agree... lot of my friends r leaving the sorc class