Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Funny how rogues here wont admit that theyre overpowered to avoid being nerfed. Admit it guys, we knew rogues are op even before pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

yuri is spot on, long before pvp loomed on the horizon we were all well aware that rogues were overpowered. they talked about it openly then because it didn't really matter that much, but it does matter now. seems the best they can do is 'but we have very little mana' which is a fair point but in no way justifies their relative killing capacity. so take your 5 kills, die and respawn with more mana, us sorcs get 1 kill in if we're lucky enough to stumble upon another weaker sorc before we have to respawn, get used to it.

warriors seem to be a *little* more open about their own ridiculously advantageous position because i don't think even many of them were expecting it. but you will notice that all warrior complaints revolve around 'i get nailed way too easy by rogues', leaving the mage very very much below both alternative classes. on top of everything else one of the primary problems for a sorc in pvp is that we are SLOW, i don't understand how a warrior and a rogue can both have fast attack/movement skills that close the distance where a magic user has nothing. yes we can briefly stun or knockback, just about long enough to run away and find a warrior for help if we're lucky.

so sorcs are upset that they get nailed by everything, warriors are upset that they get nailed by well prepared rogues and rogues are upset that they don't have the mana necessary to perpetuate as many 12 kill streaks as they'd like... there's your food chain but the rogue and warrior are definitely in a bracket of their own well above the sorcerer.

i would have much less to complain about as a mage, if it weren't for the fact that we are also useless as a support class in pvp. i specced to deal lots of damage, but thats negated entirely by the fact that despite my 273dps i cant make a dent in a warrior who two/three hit nails me and dont live long enough against a rogue who one hit kills me. so if i'm no good for dealing damage and i'm no good in a support role for either of the other classes, then what am i doing playing the game at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm almost a lvl 21 rogue with fairly good gear, an i have played pvps b4, my rogue gets killed by all, ppl sayn rogues to strong.... uhmmm waiting to see that.
    warriors are WAY OVER POWERED!! i've died so many times by a tanks 2 hit,
    i'll give more feedback as i keep playin
    PLEASE ACTUALLY BALANCE THE CLASS'S!!!!! for the sake of PVP and THE AL COMMUNITY!
    A.L.
    Diabolicsiinz - Rogue Lvl 21

Diabolicsiin - Warrior Lvl 13

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yuriramos:934231
    Funny how rogues here wont admit that theyre overpowered to avoid being nerfed. Admit it guys, we knew rogues are op even before pvp.
    It's funny how the people who complain about rogue being op evidently can't play their class properly. Warriors are the most op class at the moment, no doubt. And as for mages, respec. You'll find that with the right spec you'll be able to destroy rogues. I've come up against some good mages while playing. The ones that I one hit are usually wearing terrible gear. When the good mages fight me I don't even get the chance to move. Mages have plenty of stuns/knockdowns/knockbacks, if you're not using them correctly then you're gonna get destroyed.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dakota1988 View Post
    also, please give us free respecs during this beta.
    Agreed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    It's funny how the people who complain about rogue being op evidently can't play their class properly. Warriors are the most op class at the moment, no doubt. And as for mages, respec. You'll find that with the right spec you'll be able to destroy rogues. I've come up against some good mages while playing. The ones that I one hit are usually wearing terrible gear. When the good mages fight me I don't even get the chance to move. Mages have plenty of stuns/knockdowns/knockbacks, if you're not using them correctly then you're gonna get destroyed.
    We have stun, from a charged skill. That's it. The range on that bow attack is far longer, so the only way to use it is to get lucky and come up behind a rogue without being noticed. Then I can stun, and maybe kill you off before you get a chance to hit me. During the fight stopping to charge = death, so it's spam attack and hope I deal enough before I die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar:934279
    We have stun, from a charged skill. That's it. The range on that bow attack is far longer, so the only way to use it is to get lucky and come up behind a rogue without being noticed. Then I can stun, and maybe kill you off before you get a chance to hit me. During the fight stopping to charge = death, so it's spam attack and hope I deal enough before I die.
    Shield gives 2 seconds of invulnerability. In those 2 seconds you have plenty time to charge and get close enough.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Shield gives 2 seconds of invulnerability. In those 2 seconds you have plenty time to charge and get close enough.
    so your argument is that we should respec to deal knockdown and stun effects, yet you also think we should now be using shield too? i've been playing around with pvp specs for my mage all day, and anybody with the balls to say 'any mage moaning about being underpowered just doesn't know how to play their character' deserves to have said balls removed. because in some cases that may be true but for the most part we're just doing our absolute best with not much substance.

i do agree with you though, warriors are the primary problem for me, and most of my kills (in fact i'd say ALL of my solo kills) have come from rogues. you guys are overpowered but i can actually fight you in some way that makes contest interesting, due to the fact that there is a contest at all. but telling sorcs 'well you should be using shield with that 2 sec invulnerability buff to counter me' is laughably unfair. the problem runs a lot lot deeper than silly mage players not knowing what they are doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I am actually suprised. I expected for the worst as my main is a mage. Actually not too bad.
    Took some time to get used to but now a solidly positive k/d with about 300 kills so far. Yes
    rogues can take me out with two shots, or one with a lucky crit. But rogues are also far easier
    to kill than warriors. For the average rogue, one on one, they may get the first shot in, but then
    I fireball, ice, gale, fireball, ice them and if they get in stun lock they are dead. Going up against
    a good rogue, I have to get lucky, and I go in assuming I will probably die. A warrior is much
    tougher. They take forever to kill. And if I let them get close, they can quickly kill me with one
    windmill. Despite all the talk of rogues being overpowered, I much rather face a rogue vs a
    warrior one on one. That being said, rogues do seem to be racking up the kills faster than any
    other class. It would be interesting if the leaderboards for PvP kills and ctf goals could also be
    divided up into different classes.
    WE DOMINATE GRIM! MAGE POWER! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Come on. a one shot kill is rare for rogues and it takes at least 3 shots to build up tje crit from aimed shot to fo that witch takes half the mana by itself. As a rogue one charged firball take neay half my hp. and then I'm stuned for wat seems like an eternity. ive played plenty of good mages that made a strategy or a plan for them selves and they own the arena. 2 mages together are hard to beat let alone 3. you guys need to work on your stategy. i garauntee a full team of mages vs a full team of rogues will mop the floor with the rogues. fireball Aoe stun and heal. mages that have thought things through can kill a rogue before the firball stun wears off. its the warriors that are OP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

okay nicoB, rogues are not OP. Relax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Another incredibly unfair and rather stupid 'mages should just learn to play the game better' argument, you think we aren't already using every trick in the book? We're still getting owned. It's like everyone who isn't a mage is suddenly certain everyone who is a mage must be a bumbling twelve year old idiot who hasn't considered his options. God forbid they rebalance, it's in beta and it's going to happen so give mage players a tiny bit of credit hey? You don't see many people saying 'all those warrior kills are obviously the work of expert strategists' so I don't see why the lack of mage success is instantly attributed to bad tactics.

I enjoy fighting rogues in pvp, it's fun and yes totally doable but you guys are still overpowered in relation to a sorcerer. I think all the '1 hit kill' fuss is unjustified, i've been 1 shot killed once or twice but it's not a game breaker and, as you rogues are so insistent to point out, it's not like you can keep knocking those skills out like we can with our fireballs.

At any rate, what I think we definitely are both in agreement on is that warriors are game breakingly messed up at the moment. *Jump to, swirly swirly, everyone who isn't another warrior is dead*. They seem to be more effective at pursuit, debilitation and AoE damage than either the rogue or the mage at the moment. And that's not right is it.

But I'm really tired of people saying (to like a third of the players on this game) 'you guys need to learn some strategy'. Because up until this point we'd obviously all just been running around stabbing wildly at our skill selection page and pumping all our attribute points into a str/dex build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

just try play pvp with 3 class and you will know. I dont play much my rogue in pvp since i dont have good skill for pvp. For now warrior is the best for pvp, yeah even some times get killed very fast to rogue but over all warrior is the best. the problem is sorcerer, they really weak, they can attack from distance and can stun but not enough, my warrior with 50% hp can easily kill full hp sorcerer. rogue may have problem with mana but in a match mostly good rogue do most kill. in single match with my warrior i can kill about 4-16 kill and can goal all 5 flag, with rogue can kill 10-30 with few flag if lucky, sorcerer mostly can kill 2-5 with many dead (killed more than kill) flag? really lucky if can bring flag half way lol. but that just my try with my characters with my current build skill and attribute set, hope sts give free respec so i can try an other build.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please balance the class especially in the pvp room, thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

At the end of every game, how often do you see a mage get top kills? Come on, one hit kill to a max equiped class is overpower. Normally the weakest def class in any mmo usually has the best firepower, but not in this game. Even top leaderboard rouges in my guild admits they are op. Come on guys, stop thinking of urselves and think of how devs can balance out the classes for the sake of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

All classes have weakness and can kill each other, there are alot of balanceing issues in the game. Yes rogues can sometimes one shot kill but our mana is horible and im always running out, when that happens i either die or kill them. Also we can be killed easily sometimes, good sorc can stun or fireball us before our mana regaina and kill us, warriors have tons of health and armour and same goes for what i said about sorc they can kill us easily to sometimes, other rogues can one hit each other alot.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've just played a few games on my mage with the same spec i'd been using for pve, fireball, frost, timeshift, heal. First couple games were ok and I was even joint top kills in one I think. I was admiring my modest K/D ratio but then joined another game and finished with only 2 kills and quite possibly the most deaths by a long way. Rogues were KOing me big time and when trying to kite either rogues or warriors they close the distance so easily with their jump/dart skills. Had a fight with one mage who seemed to have the shield ability and he came out the winner despite (I checked) slightly less damage but more health.

At this point I would just like to see free respecs for a little while so we can figure what our best build is without draining loads of plat... because right now the fireball stun and timeshift(snare) are all I have in my arsenal to combat the evil melee classes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a rogue, I tend to do pretty well, but the thing is, anyone who uses their build efficiently should stand up well enough. Rogues have low hp and the healing perk isn't a very viable option because you have to loot the healthpacks while in combat. I'm not going to do a typical "rogues have no mana, whaa", because I have 650+ mana which is fine. It dissapears quickly, but I expect to die fairly quickly anyway. Rogues aren't as prone to healing as warriors or magers, and as a result, we have extremely low chances of surviving in group battles.

Mages seem to get the worst of everything, but I don't really see how. As a poster above mentioned, it's all about utilizing your skills efficiently. I'd imagine a mage who uses a lot of stuns would be a massive pain for rogues and warriors alike. A problem with this however, is that I've experienced warriors attacking me from a distance, I don't know if it was ping, but I'll test it later. I think other people have found this too - and no, it isn't due to the rushing perk they have.

I don't think any class is OP, because each class has their respective playing styles. Rogues are supposed to hit hard and die quickly, warriors are supposed to be a more balanced build, whereas mages should ideally favor range and SPECIAL ATTACKS - something that could be improved within PvP. Things like the shield are a good step, because it ensures they don't get killed really fast, but I think they should have more offensive capabilities. I tend to trash them.

Anyway, in short;

-Fix warriors hitting from a range (if they truly do)
    -Buff up mages, give them new perks. It seems they need an overhaul.
    However, I'm also convinced that mages CAN do well already, it just depends on how someone uses them. It's just as likely that a warrior or rogue can do terribly if the wrong skills are used.

As far as I've experienced, two warriors = hell for any build.

Edit: And to those saying rogues are OP, I regularly get trampled on by warriors, and I'm a level 17 with all pinks, of which are around level 15-17.

Edit 2: Kill stealing sucks, remove jump/dashing skills. You could just keep the increased damage effect but remove the movement while in a PvP area.
    Last edited by Aristeia; 01-19-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Kill stealing rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Mages are good, weak but with the most mana to cast spells, and with a good combo can kill any character. Easiest targets are other sor and rogues, rogues aren that hard come on, hardest to kill obvously tanks because of the hp, but i can manage that class to. Learn some strategy, and ejoy the game, maybe ill be better in the next days.