Thread: Skills effect in CTF

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Gale does blow back the enemy too. Does not seem entirely consitent but it works. Unfortunately it
    has to be aimed unless converted to aoe. Recently I have been running gale with the aoe, speed
    boost and dodge options. Found it a good extra measure to keep those pesky warriors off you. I do
    all my other attacks and when he get close or it's time to run I do a charged gale. Do not have to be
    facing the warrior but can be running away when release. You potentially knock him back plus get the
    speed boost and dodge to get away to a safe distance to do your charged fireball and other ranged
    attacks again. Seems to have worked pretty well in a few 1v1 encounters with warriors.

Oh, another nice tidbit which I don't know if you guys have noticed. I seems to me that uncharged skills
    have to be aimed to hit an enemy (you have to be facing them) whereas charged skills hit the nearest
    target even if your not facing the enemy (at least for fire and frost). Good for if you are trying to run
    circles around a warrior
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 01-22-2013 at 01:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Gale does blow back the enemy too. Does not seem entirely consitent but it works. Unfortunately it
    has to be aimed unless converted to aoe. Recently I have been running gale with the aoe, speed
    boost and dodge options. Found it a good extra measure to keep those pesky warriors off you. I do
    all my other attacks and when he get close or it's time to run I do a charged gale. Do not have to be
    facing the warrior but can be running away when release. You potentially knock him back plus get the
    speed boost and dodge to get away to a safe distance to do your charged fireball and other ranged
    attacks again. Seems to have worked pretty well in a few 1v1 encounters with warriors.

Oh, another nice tidbit which I don't know if you guys have noticed. I seems to me that uncharged skills
    have to be aimed to hit an enemy (you have to be facing them) whereas charged skills hit the nearest
    target even if your not facing the enemy (at least for fire and frost). Good for if you are trying to run
    circles around a warrior
    Funny how the best us sorcerers can do is discuss which skills to use when running away from warriors. haha!

Shouldn't we be discussing how to take down the warrior and kill him?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: