Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My thoughts on PvP [Im]balance - The Sorcerer's Tale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    I never said that the leaderboard title CTF. kills should be changed to rogue kills....maybe you should read my post again...
    Yeah. I agree with your original post.
    Username : Jimmeh
    Guild Name : Arcane Energy
    Position : Guildmaster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

by "equal balance" i mean

1. a rogue stunned by mage should still have a chance to fight back.
    2. a mage aimed-shot'd by rogue should also have a chance to fight back.

it'll eliminate the "meh, you're just lucky hitting me first"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by dakota1988 View Post
    by "equal balance" i mean

1. a rogue stunned by mage should still have a chance to fight back.
    2. a mage aimed-shot'd by rogue should also have a chance to fight back.

it'll eliminate the "meh, you're just lucky hitting me first"
    I think half the problem, too, is visibility. The camera angles, especially when going southwest, are pretty bad. The rogue's one shot has pretty good range, so that can qualify some complaints.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    I never said that the leaderboard title CTF. kills should be changed to rogue kills....maybe you should read my post again...
    I never said that you said that -- maybe you should re-read my post. I quoted you on "mages are a support class". By that statement, it implies that sorcerers don't belong on the leaderboards, because they should stay on the side.
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Maybe it would be wise to refrain from posting "this class is OP" so soon as PVP has been out for what? 2 days?

If Jimmeh "discovered" shielding maybe there are other tricks out there that need more testing before calling everyone OP.

As rightly said in this thread, rogues don't have a CC ability and are only about damage.

I'm really quite surprised at the class balance so far, clearly a sign STS designed some solid classes. I expected PVP release to have a class that is really above the others (not necessarily rogue even though PVE suggests so).

As it stands, yes rogues kill more but that's the only thing they do. You don't save a team from wiping with a rogue like having a sorc or a war does. Introducing damage healed and flags captured in leaderboards would level the playing fields as for now it records what rogues are good at so of course they'll come on top.

I'm expecting warriors to become party centers as they heal the best, provide immunity and can CC some. Sorcs are the table-turners as such wide AOE CC can turn a loosing battle into a win. Rogues will be straight DPS as class description implies.

Really, to me STS did quite an impressive job, much better than most MMOs I've played. And remember we still haven't tested much of anything in terms of PVP as everyone is still in PVE gear and spec.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dakota1988 View Post
    1. a mage should have shield, and they should be one shot'd by rogue if the shield is not up. that's the reality in every other game. take example frost mage in arcraft, you are in a trouble if the frost barrier is not up. increasing the armor value of mages makes them hard to kill if they also spec'd arance shield, and that defeats the definition of glass cannon. and don't tell me it's about stunning first. that's not the pvp i like. pvp should be equal balance, not "strike first means victory" pvp.
    No single skill should be required for any class to be successful. That's why there are 8 skills to choose from. I can only assume the intention of STS was for different players to have different builds, not for everyone to have the same exact build. So no, mages should not all have shield.

And BTW, it's not possible to always have the shield up. It goes up for a short while, and then takes a long time to cool down. The problem is that I cannot see the rogue coming most of the time. I don't see the rogue until I've already been stunned by the rogue, and then the first hit after the stun kills me taking all 1700 health points I have.

I'm not totally terrible at PvP. So far my record is about 140-115 (k/d) but I would guess if you take my record and eliminate all kills of rogues and all deaths caused by rogues, my record would be around 130-15. Almost all of my deaths come from these one hits by rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    Maybe it would be wise to refrain from posting "this class is OP" so soon as PVP has been out for what? 2 days?

If Jimmeh "discovered" shielding maybe there are other tricks out there that need more testing before calling everyone OP.

As rightly said in this thread, rogues don't have a CC ability and are only about damage.

I'm really quite surprised at the class balance so far, clearly a sign STS designed some solid classes. I expected PVP release to have a class that is really above the others (not necessarily rogue even though PVE suggests so).

As it stands, yes rogues kill more but that's the only thing they do. You don't save a team from wiping with a rogue like having a sorc or a war does. Introducing damage healed and flags captured in leaderboards would level the playing fields as for now it records what rogues are good at so of course they'll come on top.

I'm expecting warriors to become party centers as they heal the best, provide immunity and can CC some. Sorcs are the table-turners as such wide AOE CC can turn a loosing battle into a win. Rogues will be straight DPS as class description implies.

Really, to me STS did quite an impressive job, much better than most MMOs I've played. And remember we still haven't tested much of anything in terms of PVP as everyone is still in PVE gear and spec.
    Eh. Don't make me sound quite like an idiot. But I'm just trying to say that I had to reduce on my damage in order to become viable in PvP. I am not catching kills like rogues, not in any means. The fighting may be balanced, but people care about leaderboards.

And currently, they aren't balanced. It's not that I really discovered shielding, it's that I was forced to use it in order to not feed 10k kills to the next guy.