Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One hit kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default One hit kill

Ok so I've noticed myself, a rogue, and my buddies dying in some matches with full health by one hit (rogue). I have highest possible dps at 260 w/o pet, max on crit and aimed shot and have never killed with one hit in PvP. I've heard mention of some using a type of cheat with browser, but I don't want to jump to conclusions here. What do you you guys think is going on here? If they are most likely using some kind of a cheat or hack then ill probably just wait until its patched...and hope the lbs are reset after beta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Some people choose to cheat. It's a character flaw.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Testi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Lol they aren't cheating. Dps is irrelevant to skill damage. Base damage determines skill damage. With max dps you have relatively low base damage compared to max base damage which is right around 160.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cashews For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With Buff + Pet

Damage: 151.5
    DPS: 272.7
    Crit: 37.26%

But low on mana and health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

This is how it's done.

Normally, you have to fire off one skill, then there is a short lag before firing off your next skill. You are able to create a script if you're playing from a browser where you can fire off all your skills pretty much in one shot. You can see the problem of this if a rogue is utilizing this trick to shoot off multiple shots at once. This is probably why warriors are running around complaining about being one shotted.

I have heard you can do this from a phone too, but I'm not sure. I haven't done it myself.
    Last edited by bluotaku; 01-22-2013 at 02:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Figure this one out: Today I had 95% health (my full health is 1732) and I got hit by an arrow from a rogue and died. The rogue wasn't even nearby me and neither was any other enemies even in the area. That's the first time I've seen that happen. Normally when they kill me with one hit it's some sort of leap-and-slash skill that they use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol, you better know rouges with there arrow skill have a chance to 250% damage plus the crit.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

agreed energizec. it happened to me too today. i have speed buff and running . no one around me and im died by something from a rogue. full health with best mage gears on.

i noticed that significant lesser mage r playing right now because of the un balanced pvp.

im not saying that mage dont have a chance but the power and shoting range of rogues r killing the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The leap and slash thing shadow piercer and its not a one hit kill. they most common combo amoung rogues is aimed shot and poercer. apparently you can use them at the same time on desktop. theres a little delay on mobile devices. but shadow poercer is nearly instantaneous travel. you actually catch up to and somestimes pass the arrow that was fired just a second ago, its often mistaken as one attack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Here is my tactic as a Rogue:

1) Charged Aimed Shot (for the 250% crit)
    2) Uncharged Noxious Bolt (not much damage, but very quick cool down)
    3) Uncharged Shadow Piercer
    4) Run away!

If that doesn't work, then I'm out of mana and as good as dead. I try to stack my three skills as quickly as they cool-down. I specifically chose Nox Bolt because of the fast cooldown, and because Shadow Piercer has reasonably high damage. The point is that my Aimed Shot had better crit or knock off 80% hp, if it doesn't I'm going to lose, so my final hope is to run away and charge an auto attack - hoping that the last hit is the kill.

I have seen these mystery deaths. In my case, it is because of a ping spike, because when I revive, I go to menu and my ping is usually 1200+

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

My warrior got one hit killed too and its level 17 but can take way more damage than lvl 21 rogue. Classes are really unbalanced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

well if your a lvl 17 warrior fight a capped rogue your going to get owned dude. i dont even fight lower lvl people because its too easy. unless its another rogue because i can still die fairly easy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Eh? I always thought it was normal. I've had OHKO encounters with other rogues before. I've done it sometimes, and had it done to me sometimes. My DPS (and damage stat) aren't even maxed since I sold off all of my gear a week before pvp beta, and wasn't able to get back a 21 ALP at a reasonable price (stupid inflation). I'm not hacking, nor using a browser. But maybe my super OP HTC Sensation has a built in Aimed Shot skill damage hack that I don't know about.

Heck, I'm almost anticipating a one shot death when I see a bow rogue rounding the corner. I just hit shield and hope luck is on my side.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

u know mages can own if u use ur stuns right charge fire (do it before the rogues aimed shot, then he loses his charged aimed shot), lightning, gale, heal (if needed) or else spam regular attack until fire and other skills ready. thats pretty much it. mages just need to hit their stun in first.

PL: Fear

18. The Following User Says Thank You to birdmasta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Figure this one out: Today I had 95% health (my full health is 1732) and I got hit by an arrow from a rogue and died. The rogue wasn't even nearby me and neither was any other enemies even in the area. That's the first time I've seen that happen. Normally when they kill me with one hit it's some sort of leap-and-slash skill that they use.
    Maybe it's a shot from the back? If so then Camera rotation once again displays it supreme ability to annoy.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here's my strategy when I see a rogue coming at me. Turn and run away as fast as possible while charging fireball. Then as soon as you think they are close enough let it go. Problem is that when they leap at you then the fireball misses and then you die instantly. But if you let the fireball go before the leap, often times it misses as they are still too far away. The rogue's leap (whatever skill that is) has longer range than my fireball, so I basically just have to get lucky and hope my timing is better than theirs. If somehow I manage to survive that first hit, which is only around 20% of the time, then I can heal, and go to work on them with my skills, and then I have about a 50% chance of winning. I think maybe sometimes they exhaust their mana very quick, so I can then inflict damage on them -- it usually takes 4 or 5 hits to kill them. But maybe 1-on-1 I win about 10% against rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Agree with ya energi.... However the dispatch of fireball after u fire is very slow... fire and gale failed 95 % of the time... we have to face towards target to hit them.. either rogues or warriors... running away not works most of the time... rogues catch u from a mile away in a second. ..
    Sorcerer need a speed tweak in fireball and movement. ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Sorcs can easily prevent the one shot kill combo by using the shield based on what I observed. I play a rogue and sorcs with shield require at least 2 aimed shot and 2 piercer to kill. Usually before I pull off my 2nd set of arrow-piercer, I'm stunned burned frozen and electrified to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Sorcerers have to use their skills to stun. There have been times when I come across a Sorcerer with a charged Aimed Shot, and like Energizeric says, they hit me with a Fireball (stunning me), a couple of auto attacks, an ice bolt (another stun), more autos and either a Gale Force or another Fireball and I'm toast - all without getting a single shot off.

It's disheartening to see my Rogue on a knee for the entire fight...

This also happens a lot when I go against Warriors. It seems that every Warrior skill stuns, so unless I can get the first shot off - when I go against a Warrior, it is death in slow motion. Dying at the hands of a Warrior is like being beaten to death by a potato gun.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained