Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Rogues.

They may be slightly overpowered, but isnt that their speciality? Theyre supposed to be BEASTS when fighting 1v1 so I dont see what the complaining is about.

Rogues = single target annihilation
    Mages = Debuffs and aoe
    Warrior = high hp, armor but low dps

If you think rogues require no skill to play with then youre wrong, they have to time their skills perfectly to kill people BEFORE running out of mana.

Rogues arent a complete package because 1 thing they lack is mana, when they are shooting off skills - midway theyll run out and spam normals. When they DO run outta mana, theyll be dead within seconds... Whats so OP about that? They cant hit 5 skills without running out -_-

Theres an update coming but rogues arent born pros, we have to learn. I dont agree with scripting but thats a whole new topic.
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    They may be slightly overpowered, but isnt that their speciality? Theyre supposed to be BEASTS when fighting 1v1 so I dont see what the complaining is about.

Mages = Debuffs and aoe

If you think rogues require no skill to play with then youre wrong, they have to time their skills perfectly to kill people BEFORE running out of mana.

Rogues arent a complete package because 1 thing they lack is mana, when they are shooting off skills - midway theyll run out and spam normals. When they DO run outta mana, theyll be dead within seconds... Whats so OP about that? They cant hit 5 skills without running out -_-

Theres an update coming but rogues arent born pros, we have to learn. I dont agree with scripting but thats a whole new topic.
    Fully agreed. And to add some personal opinion, there are PvE builds and PvP builds. People using PvE builds on PvP will most likely tend to feel other classes are OP.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Mages = Debuffs and aoe

I gotta disagree with that. First, you can't say ''Rogues are supposed'' because they already are. Then, no Rogues are not supposed to be beasts. They are supposed to hit with a good critical/damage, and dodge nicely. In PvP at the moment, they just kill you too fast. Then, warriors, yes, they are supposed to have good HP/Armor, to survive. Again, that's not happening in PvP. We get killed by 1 or 2 shots from Rogues. Yes, I agree that Rogues are played with skills, and if you have these skills, Mana won't be a problem for you. I played many rounds with Rogues (the ones on Leader Boards), we did tests, and that's what we concluded.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I disagree warriors who have poor gear or skills might be dying but theres alot out there that are not. Also, soon as two warriors work together. .forget about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reneedrey View Post
    I disagree warriors who have poor gear or skills might be dying but theres alot out there that are not. Also, soon as two warriors work together. .forget about it.
    This is so true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Well, rogues need the crit and dmg, although sometimes it might.. seem a bit overpowered. However, IMO, it is quite nesscary for rogues to kill fast because they specialize in 1 on 1 combat. Rogues aren't very good team players, they can't disable the entire enemy team, they can't tank for their teammates either, and most of their attacks are single target skills. If a rogue lost their ability to go 1 on 1 with other classes, they would most probably stick with their team and in my experience rogues just die very quickly in team fights unless managed very very carefully. So i think rogues aren't really that OP, actually. It's just what they're made for.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Yoho

1. Aimed shot is OP (one-hit kill is not cool, or Rogue should be 1000hp 300armor class, then yeah, 1hit is a necessity).
    2. Shield is OP. (dmg+dodge+debuff, 8sec of this pure happiness)
    3. LB should be separate for each class, no common LB for ctf kills/flags, since rogues will anyway dominate kill-statistics in team games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
    1. Aimed shot is OP (one-hit kill is not cool, or Rogue should be 1000hp 300armor class, then yeah, 1hit is a necessity).
    3. LB should be separate for each class, no common LB for ctf kills/flags, since rogues will anyway dominate kill-statistics in team games.
    Yoho, a rogue, saying the truth. <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

If a warrior gets dies in one hit, then (and Ill put this in the best way possible) they are weak.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

My warrior once got into a battle with 2 Sorcs and a Rogue, I was alone.
    Entered with 75% hp, killed all three and came out with 4% hp. ( Yeah I did use Vengeful Blood )
    Ftw

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kill fast is reasonable but a pvp is not design to 1 hit KO its opponent, i think rogue is capable of doing it to mage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

As long as Mage shield is up they won't be one hit KO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

lol i'm saying is capable of , if there is a possibility means something must be wrong somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If a warrior gets dies in one hit, then (and Ill put this in the best way possible) they are weak.
    I'll put it another way- if a warrior dies in one hit then he sucks. haha.
    Mages did seem weak but theres a new build going around that makes them dangerous also. Ur right on with ur assessment of the classes, imo. I feel like most sorcerers in AL were mages in PL and they want sorcerers to be the OP end game class like they are in PL where they have armor like tanks and do more damage than birds/rogues.

Yoho

Quote Originally Posted by rAyZ1234 View Post
    lol i'm saying is capable of , if there is a possibility means something must be wrong somewhere.
    agree, some combo aimed shot(crit) + piercer + hit n slash is ok, but just one-hit someone with top gear?
    For now I see no difference between pvp/pve modes - farm kills, get flags. Ofc it will be changed in guild vs guild battles, though balance adjusting would be highly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reneedrey View Post
    Yep. I came across two who always roamed together, buffing eachother to attain invincibility for entire fights. Doesn't matter how OP many claim Rogues to be, we can't go against invincible teams.

People seem to forget that this is not a 1v1 matchup - it's cooperative team play. In a well organized group, Warriors lead the pack, buffing and casting invincibility when necessary, and absorb the brunt of the initial damage by making themselves the auto-target. Rogues follow and dispense as much damage as possible and Sorcerers support by stunning (with Fireball) and replenishing HP and Mana. A good group is nearly indestructible.

Without the good group tactics, Rogues run out of mana and die, Sorcerers are easily picked off and Warriors get teamed because they don't do enough damage to take down opponents fast enough.

The worst possible tactic is for the entire group to splinter off.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    Well, rogues need the crit and dmg, although sometimes it might.. seem a bit overpowered. However, IMO, it is quite nesscary for rogues to kill fast because they specialize in 1 on 1 combat. Rogues aren't very good team players, they can't disable the entire enemy team, they can't tank for their teammates either, and most of their attacks are single target skills. If a rogue lost their ability to go 1 on 1 with other classes, they would most probably stick with their team and in my experience rogues just die very quickly in team fights unless managed very very carefully. So i think rogues aren't really that OP, actually. It's just what they're made for.
    Ty, rue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    My warrior once got into a battle with 2 Sorcs and a Rogue, I was alone.
    Entered with 75% hp, killed all three and came out with 4% hp. ( Yeah I did use Vengeful Blood )
    Ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Yep. I came across two who always roamed together, buffing eachother to attain invincibility for entire fights. Doesn't matter how OP many claim Rogues to be, we can't go against invincible teams.

People seem to forget that this is not a 1v1 matchup - it's cooperative team play. In a well organized group, Warriors lead the pack, buffing and casting invincibility when necessary, and absorb the brunt of the initial damage by making themselves the auto-target. Rogues follow and dispense as much damage as possible and Sorcerers support by stunning (with Fireball) and replenishing HP and Mana. A good group is nearly indestructible.

Without the good group tactics, Rogues run out of mana and die, Sorcerers are easily picked off and Warriors get teamed because they don't do enough damage to take down opponents fast enough.

The worst possible tactic is for the entire group to splinter off.
    Yah I do believe warriors are the op class. If a warrior can't kill me then he just doesn't that've the right build. And yes Mages are starting to become op also.

-Vys

P.S. as many of you have noticed I have said the classes are balanced and there only needs to be tweaks for a long time. I'm glad people are starting to come around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
    Boo you outed the Shield! Now everybody knows! Haha.

1. AS is a delicate skill to mess with. Nerf the crit damage and maybe pvp becomes a little more competitive. On the pve side though, rogues will take a huge hit if AS is nerfed. So I'm on the fence TBH.
    2. Booooo! Great skill though. Never leave home without it. I was pleasantly surprised to see how effective it was in pvp, after people scoffed at me for having it in pve.
    3. Completely agreed. Separate the LBs.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

So, what y'all are saying is to take away (meaning completely nerf) two of the rogues only skills that helps it survive: Aimed shot and Razer shield.

What if sts took away:

Warriors vengeful blood and windmill?
    Mages arcane shield and lightning/Another heavy attack.
    Credits to Iady

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Sure Rogues are so OP -.-

Without a pet they are close to useless without a Tank to hide behind.

Mana issues isn't even funny.

Mage Stuns/Warriors stuns and Axe = Out of Mana, then they use shield to heal and pretty much kill you off.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o