Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

whats this new pro sorceror build i keep hearing about? plz tell me the build xD.

PL: Fear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    They may be slightly overpowered, but isnt that their speciality? Theyre supposed to be BEASTS when fighting 1v1 so I dont see what the complaining is about.

Rogues = single target annihilation
    Mages = Debuffs and aoe
    Warrior = high hp, armor but low dps

If you think rogues require no skill to play with then youre wrong, they have to time their skills perfectly to kill people BEFORE running out of mana.

Rogues arent a complete package because 1 thing they lack is mana, when they are shooting off skills - midway theyll run out and spam normals. When they DO run outta mana, theyll be dead within seconds... Whats so OP about that? They cant hit 5 skills without running out -_-

Theres an update coming but rogues arent born pros, we have to learn. I dont agree with scripting but thats a whole new topic.
    Lilbless, you know rogues are a no skill class thats a given fact. That's why I don't play them. Every class should be good in 1v1, it shouldn't work like one class will always be superior than another otherwise who of the PvP players would play that class? You're right in saying every class has their own specialty, but the way you describe it even shows that rogue is the superior PvP class. Lets be honest now, who among the most of us want good Kill death ratio's rather than a flag capture ratio. It's just stupid to play a class you know you won't win vs a particular class. Now you mentioned rogue's being a skill-based class....tell me, conserving mana is not something hard to do, a monkey can do it lol, that's the only skillful part you pointed out on playing a rogue. You know when we do 1v1, how fast is the 1v1? like 2 secs? Clearly show's how op the class is. Rogue Dmg Needs to be nerf'd, and you of all people should know that mage's should be buffed.... I tried 1 v 1 'ing Noobs yesterday, ask him yourself, I gave it everything I could in every 1 v 1, I was even given the advantage of casting shield early....the max hp I could reduce was about 60%... and im fully twinked. Mage's armor is just too low to face the rogue's crits and its because of that, why rogue should be balanced to adjust with other classes's armor and HP.

STS have adjusted warriors perfectly, no work needs to be done there.... It's just rogue's and mage's that need altering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infrico View Post
    Lilbless, you know rogues are a no skill class thats a given fact. That's why I don't play them. Every class should be good in 1v1, it shouldn't work like one class will always be superior than another otherwise who of the PvP players would play that class? You're right in saying every class has their own specialty, but the way you describe it even shows that rogue is the superior PvP class. Lets be honest now, who among the most of us want good Kill death ratio's rather than a flag capture ratio. It's just stupid to play a class you know you won't win vs a particular class. Now you mentioned rogue's being a skill-based class....tell me, conserving mana is not something hard to do, a monkey can do it lol, that's the only skillful part you pointed out on playing a rogue. You know when we do 1v1, how fast is the 1v1? like 2 secs? Clearly show's how op the class is. Rogue Dmg Needs to be nerf'd, and you of all people should know that mage's should be buffed.... I tried 1 v 1 'ing Noobs yesterday, ask him yourself, I gave it everything I could in every 1 v 1, I was even given the advantage of casting shield early....the max hp I could reduce was about 60%... and im fully twinked. Mage's armor is just too low to face the rogue's crits and its because of that, why rogue should be balanced to adjust with other classes's armor and HP.

STS have adjusted warriors perfectly, no work needs to be done there.... It's just rogue's and mage's that need altering.
    Well, IMO, rogues do need that damage. I've explained it in another post before that rogues Are made to 1 v 1. And if every class is to be evenly good in 1 in 1, then make rogues and sorcs as tanky as warriors, and warrs and rogues have as much disables as sorcs. Rogues heavily rely on their ability to 1v1 to kill. A rogue that can't 1v1 will basicly run around and die in a team fight, because they can't tank heavy aoe from sorcs, nor they can kill tanky warriors. When 1v1 matches are introduced to AL, this will be a completely different story. However, CTF is a team game, and each class have their roles to play in the team. Rogues roles are to chase down a anihiliate enemies quickly before they carry out their strategy, and for this, they need to kill fast. If you removed a rogue's damage, they're just temporary meat shields.

And Lilbless did not say that rogues are more superior than other classes, he just stated the strength of each class. Each class has their own strength and weaknesses.

And about rogues requiring no skill to play, I have to disagree with that. Although rogues require less skill to play than sorcs generally, there's still a great deal of technique needed to manage a rogue well. Mana management is not as easy as it seems. Since you said that you don't play rogues, you can't say that mana management is an easy thing to do. A rogues mana usually last for about a maximum of 3 kills. After that, we either find mana packs or rely on our normal attacks only. A rogue without mana is basically a rogue without the ability to kill fast. When mana is depleted, rogues are most vulnerable. And for this reason too, a rogue usually cant last an entire teamfight full of warrs and sorcs unless they stay out and in strategically, which is hard since they'll be focused down first due to their squishiness. And carrying on the topic of rogues requiring no skill to play, besides mana management, good rogue play also requires careful powerup management, a high degree of map awareness and also careful planning of kills. It's true a less skilled rogue can still kill pretty well, but they die pretty fast too.

Rogues can't run around fearlessly like warrs, nor they can rush into teamfights and disable everyone like sorcs, they are built like assasins, they need their burst damage output to serve their purpose. And as for sorcs dying too easily, sorcs are not suppose to go face on with a rogue 1on1 with hopes that the rogues can be killed easily. Sorcs just isnt built like that. It is true a sorc dies faster than rogues in 1v1, however they usually survive longer than rogues in teamfights with the correct skill set. And being a rogue, I've seen some sorcs own me in a 1v1 with correct skill timing and toon management.

And about the warriors, they still need to be balanced a bit, just a little bit IMO. The small problem is that when 3 or more warriors team up and start buffing each other, they basically just survive longer than the other classes. I would not be a problem if each team have the same number of characters of each class. However in a match between 5 warriors and 5 rogues/mage, the warriors will usually triumph due to their buffs and average damage output.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Chill twink, theyre gonna get nerfed anyways
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

rogues arent super easy to play, especially when are only defensive skill is razor sheild that adds a 20% dodge buff that barely has an affect and shadow veil which no one is dumb enough to walk into lol and only affects a small area unless its charged mages and warriors run around fearlessly with there shields. and all you mages out there dont say you dont, because nearly every mage i encounter already has a shield up or has it charged. it reduces that 1 hit ko shot to about 130 to 200 dmg and lasts 8 seconds -_-. while rogues have to hide behind walls(which doesnt work on mages since the aoe on the fireball has an affect through walls) and in blind spots to survive.another thing about aimed shot out of all my 1.4k kills only 2 of them were a one shot kill and only 1 of those 2 i can confirm was a true 1 hit ko because i spawn killed him. if a rogue runs out of mana which it will happen. most likely shes dead. stuned rogue=dead rogue. even if a rogue wakes up from the stun without dying, the enemy has already healed him/herself. and given the fact that they have the worst heal skill possible makes them even more vunerable. rogues spawn health packs that heal 40% health each or 35% something like that and then they have to go pick them up. most of the time they dont spawn where they are wanted. the packs despawn if the not picked up too. mages and warriors have instaheal. that lightning attack tht mages have also has a 250% bonus damage on critical too, thats the same as aimed shot. the only real hope i have of surviving is to stun the target. ultimate mage combo: fireball, shield, lightning and main if needed. and the freeze skill for mages does work!!!! i was in the middle of a fight and a mage was running away from the battle and i tried to chase him down but i realised my toon wasnt moving and when i looked at her she was frozen!! although this has only happend 2 times. the slow affect of frost bolt also works. warriors have ridiculous range. warriors running around swinging there swords from bow(not bow range but more range than it really should have, about mage staff range) range and doing damage. windmill also has a large AOE aswell as skyward smash. rogues overpowered? i dont belive that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea yea yea...warriors supposedly have high armor and hp.."high" is slightly higher than a rogue..and i don't see that "high armor and hp" making a big difference at pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rasittt View Post
    yea yea yea...warriors supposedly have high armor and hp.."high" is slightly higher than a rogue..and i don't see that "high armor and hp" making a big difference at pvp
    Agree 200%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

A razor shield + heal combo on a rogue (when used well) can beat mages however long their shield is.

And while yes, rogues should do high dmg 1 hit ko defeats the purpose of pvp any way i look at it....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    Well, IMO, rogues do need that damage. I've explained it in another post before that rogues Are made to 1 v 1. And if every class is to be evenly good in 1 in 1, then make rogues and sorcs as tanky as warriors, and warrs and rogues have as much disables as sorcs. Rogues heavily rely on their ability to 1v1 to kill. A rogue that can't 1v1 will basicly run around and die in a team fight, because they can't tank heavy aoe from sorcs, nor they can kill tanky warriors. When 1v1 matches are introduced to AL, this will be a completely different story. However, CTF is a team game, and each class have their roles to play in the team. Rogues roles are to chase down a anihiliate enemies quickly before they carry out their strategy, and for this, they need to kill fast. If you removed a rogue's damage, they're just temporary meat shields.

And Lilbless did not say that rogues are more superior than other classes, he just stated the strength of each class. Each class has their own strength and weaknesses.

And about rogues requiring no skill to play, I have to disagree with that. Although rogues require less skill to play than sorcs generally, there's still a great deal of technique needed to manage a rogue well. Mana management is not as easy as it seems. Since you said that you don't play rogues, you can't say that mana management is an easy thing to do. A rogues mana usually last for about a maximum of 3 kills. After that, we either find mana packs or rely on our normal attacks only. A rogue without mana is basically a rogue without the ability to kill fast. When mana is depleted, rogues are most vulnerable. And for this reason too, a rogue usually cant last an entire teamfight full of warrs and sorcs unless they stay out and in strategically, which is hard since they'll be focused down first due to their squishiness. And carrying on the topic of rogues requiring no skill to play, besides mana management, good rogue play also requires careful powerup management, a high degree of map awareness and also careful planning of kills. It's true a less skilled rogue can still kill pretty well, but they die pretty fast too.

Rogues can't run around fearlessly like warrs, nor they can rush into teamfights and disable everyone like sorcs, they are built like assasins, they need their burst damage output to serve their purpose. And as for sorcs dying too easily, sorcs are not suppose to go face on with a rogue 1on1 with hopes that the rogues can be killed easily. Sorcs just isnt built like that. It is true a sorc dies faster than rogues in 1v1, however they usually survive longer than rogues in teamfights with the correct skill set. And being a rogue, I've seen some sorcs own me in a 1v1 with correct skill timing and toon management.

And about the warriors, they still need to be balanced a bit, just a little bit IMO. The small problem is that when 3 or more warriors team up and start buffing each other, they basically just survive longer than the other classes. I would not be a problem if each team have the same number of characters of each class. However in a match between 5 warriors and 5 rogues/mage, the warriors will usually triumph due to their buffs and average damage output.
    What was that ... i dont play rogues? Lmao, my twink rogue has 1.5k hp and 300 deaths.... Conserving mana is not hard, ive done it, far more than u, and even if mana runs out, auto attack kills rogue with full hp and mana, you need to have a strong rogue to understand what I talk about, im not talking about the minor cheap pink rogues... i mean rogues like me, lilbles, noobs, qlu.... the twinked onnes, they all know how its like, we did the craziest stuff as rogues but at some point its just like ... wtf do i think im good by pressing one button, some aimed shots, some shadow piercers... lol its too easy, twink your rogue and you will understand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

rue
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Rogues are really too owerpowered. I got lvl 17 warrior full str and best armors. I am able to kill rogue in 1v1 by stunning and spinning. 2 good rogues kills me in under second. Its just not fair for warriors. 2 Rogues does 1100, 1100 cit damages and one charged normal and im dead. 5 lvl 17 sorcs are easy kill for me. Just run in middle of them and spin. They do poor damage and i got so much hp. More crit for mages and reduce armor from rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Don't Nerf rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infrico View Post
    What was that ... i dont play rogues? Lmao, my twink rogue has 1.5k hp and 300 deaths.... Conserving mana is not hard, ive done it, far more than u, and even if mana runs out, auto attack kills rogue with full hp and mana, you need to have a strong rogue to understand what I talk about, im not talking about the minor cheap pink rogues... i mean rogues like me, lilbles, noobs, qlu.... the twinked onnes, they all know how its like, we did the craziest stuff as rogues but at some point its just like ... wtf do i think im good by pressing one button, some aimed shots, some shadow piercers... lol its too easy, twink your rogue and you will understand.
    Ah.. Twinks... I see..
    I have a lv 21 rogue and I play endgame matches. And twinks, how can there be balance when you play with a twinked rogue lol. Some of your opponents might not have equipment or experience as good as you, of course your rogue might seem overpowered. I don't know about twink matches, but when I play against other lv 21s, 1 shot kills are really rare nowadays unless a sorc got careless at the corner or is backstabbed.

Regarding your "a rogue without mana can kill another rogue with full mana" statement, it is true, I agree. But to be able to do that
    High skill play is needed to prevent the rogue without mana from dying first. Its not like a rogue without mana can just rush headon with others with full hp full mana and kill them, maybe it's possible when playing a twinked one, but in my experience, rogues usually die unless you get a lucky crit or the enemy is careless.

Well maybe my rogue is not as strong as you think it is, so...yeah... I'm just stating my opinion.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruejade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finnman View Post
    Rogues are really too owerpowered. I got lvl 17 warrior full str and best armors. I am able to kill rogue in 1v1 by stunning and spinning. 2 good rogues kills me in under second. Its just not fair for warriors. 2 Rogues does 1100, 1100 cit damages and one charged normal and im dead. 5 lvl 17 sorcs are easy kill for me. Just run in middle of them and spin. They do poor damage and i got so much hp. More crit for mages and reduce armor from rogues
    If you're able to kill them 1v1, doesn't that mean they're quite balanced already? You can't say rogues are OP just because you died in a 1v2 lol. Any normal toon should die in a 1v2 situation, unless theres a huge skill difference between players. 2 good warrs can kill any good rogue, 2 good rogue can kill any good warr. And about you killing 5 sorcs, I guess they forgot to stunlock you and stay out of range then...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

i think warrior op now tho... their armor and hp actually works... and their windmill... INSANE DMG THAT CAN OWN ROGUES

PL: Fear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

"shoot at the right time to save mana...run out of mana" bla bla bla
    1. Yes, shoot at the right time to be a beast at ks
    2. Yes, because shooting at a different time will somehow save mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Save mana exactly for ? They always kill me (1500 hp ) with one shot, don't need any other mana