Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Leader Boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Default The Leader Boards.

This is not just a suggestion, it is also a thread where I need people to give their thoughts, and talk about it, since this is very important, and not just for me. I've talked about it with many players, and I heard it was going on a lot, because nearly everyone agrees.

The Leader Boards, in Top Players (also sections).

There is around 5,000,000 players in Arcane Legends if not more. 25 gets to be on Leader Boards Top Players. 5,000,000 - 25 = 4,999,975. So, I can conclude that being in the 25 firsts, is just amazing and challenging. The thing is, that only first players of each sections gets the Leader Boards reward. This, isn't fair. Yes, I may want a Leader Boards banner really much, but it's maybe because even if we are not the first players, us 24 runners up are still working hard, and use a lot of time. I mean, it's extremely hard to be in the 25 Top Players. I, and a lot of players would just really appreciate being rewarded also for being in the 24 firsts. I don't know, maybe still a banner for the first ones, and a different banner that would be granted to all 24 runners up? I'm not mad, or sad, i'm just trying to figure out why it is unfair.

This would be greatly appreciated, and all these players on Leader Boards, would get congratulated for being the first 25 in 5,000,000+ players!

Being a warrior, isn't easy for Leader Boards. Also, most of the ones on it, are the same as the Season 1 ones. Some will nearly stay first forever, because IMO 1,000,000 kills isn't easy to beat.

Please no flaming or anything. Let's keep it clean, and discuss about it, since this is really important for most of us.

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Astrocat; 01-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Astrocat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I'm fine with it the way it is. Of course I'm from the old school where not everyone made the team and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes were handed out and everyone didn't get participation ribbons instead.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    I'm fine with it the way it is. Of course I'm from the old school where not everyone made the team and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes were handed out and everyone didn't get participation ribbons instead.
    You would also be fine with it if it comes true?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    You would also be fine with it if it comes true?
    yeah, i don't really care. lol. I'm not into banners but i guess others are.

Yoho

Team STS, please consider this, it's a collective opinion of players, and to be on top25 each season and getting nothing..
    And please, can you guys be more predictable and punctual for customers and announce prizes in advance, cause a lot of people were disappointed previous season and stop playing. This also applies for pets, items etc. If you know precisely what are you buying and what you are trying for it becomes challenging and rewarding instead of ambiguous and disappointing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoho View Post
    Team STS, please consider this, it's a collective opinion of players, and to be on top25 each season and getting nothing..
    And please, can you guys be more predictable and punctual for customers and announce prizes in advance, cause a lot of people were disappointed previous season and stop playing. This also applies for pets, items etc. If you know precisely what are you buying and what you are trying for it becomes challenging and rewarding instead of ambiguous and disappointing.
    Amazing feedback. I totally agree.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

You have to understand it will never be "fair." Just like the LB's in the other STS games will never be wiped, the same applies to AL. Though I understand where you are coming from, it has been a subject of debate in all previous titles and the conclusion will be the same: Ain't gonna happen.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    You have to understand it will never be "fair." Just like the LB's in the other STS games will never be wiped, the same applies to AL. Though I understand where you are coming from, it has been a subject of debate in all previous titles and the conclusion will be the same: Ain't gonna happen.
    I never asked for a wipe. Being rewarded for being on the 25 firsts on Leader Boards with 5,000,000+ players is completely reasonable and understandable IMO and in a lot of other's opinion...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Humm interesting...people are on LB tend to keep fighting for the same spot..this means everyone that has it..will most likely stay in that happy place lol. But I guess thats why season LB are for..to have a new rotation. But having the other LB, most likely needs a change. the same people with the highest kills dont really get knocked off...they just sit there lol...so it would be nice to have 100 people..not just 25. or something so it gets a rotation..maybe having the people on there..get an honorary placement, so others can now have a chance to hit LB.

But thats what LB is about the hard work and dedication...I really dont care for it much, i think of it as waisted space XD. but meh thats my 2 gold pesos, take it for what its worth.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

I have to add, the fact that if you look at PvE kills section, and Top Players section, their all the same players that won the Season 1. They will win Season 2, and I don't think they'll get out from there to be honest. That's one of the biggest reasons why the 24 runners up, should also be rewarded for being there, because the real competition is between them, since first ones are just sitting there watching us compete. Also, for all that hard work, time and money that went into it. I am not asking for a wipe at all. I think what I said it completely reasonable and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be added.

Yes, some of you will say ''then go do time runs, so you can beat them more easily''. My answer to this would be simple: ''I am a warrior''.
    Last edited by Astrocat; 01-23-2013 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I agree and disagree.

I agree more should be rewarded, but I do not agree they should all have the same banner.

1st, 2nd and 3rd should have different banners, and 4th+ should have runners up. Just by looking at that I doubt StS wouldn't want to create that many banners, but who knows.

Kills on the other hand, should be counted separately per season. Meaning Season 1+2 kills shouldn't combine with Seasons 3 etc. Each season a new player should at least have the chance at the record. No point a new player trying to catch up to 1+ mill kills.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    I agree and disagree.

I agree more should be rewarded, but I do not agree they should all have the same banner.

1st, 2nd and 3rd should have different banners, and 4th+ should have runners up. Just by looking at that I doubt StS wouldn't want to create that many banners, but who knows.

Kills on the other hand, should be counted separately per season. Meaning Season 1+2 kills shouldn't combine with Seasons 3 etc. Each season a new player should at least have the chance at the record. No point a new player trying to catch up to 1+ mill kills.
    I agree fully. And, I guess that if they made a few new banners for 2nd, 3rd, and runners up, a lot more players would appreciate it, and a lot more competition would come. I guess, there would also be more platinum purchases, to catch up on leader boards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

+2
    Anyway, I would like to see this. At first most of my top end players were going for as high as they could go but after this they dropped out of trying for lb banner. They are just happy if they are on the lb. So to alleviate this I believe at least the top 10 should get a banner. Top 25 would be awesome also.

I could see a banner for:
    1st
    2nd
    3rd
    Runner ups

This system would make leader boards a lot more competitive which would make plat spent to help achieve these position. (Such as buying ripmaw)

I hope this does get changed, but hi have mediocre hope about it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    +2
    Anyway, I would like to see this. At first most of my top end players were going for as high as they could go but after this they dropped out of trying for lb banner. They are just happy if they are on the lb. So to alleviate this I believe at least the top 10 should get a banner. Top 25 would be awesome also.

I could see a banner for:
    1st
    2nd
    3rd
    Runner ups

This system would make leader boards a lot more competitive which would make plat spent to help achieve these position. (Such as buying ripmaw)

I hope this does get changed, but hi have mediocre hope about it
    Completely agree with this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Sure I see your point, but like in life 2nd place is the first loser. If anything they should reward 1-3 that's it. And it should really only be for timed runs or pvp. Achievements are easy cheesy and so is kill farming. My 0 cents worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Leader Boards for PvE kills and Top Players isn't even competition. It's more like a ''let's see who plays the game the most, and who has more time/money to spend in a game'' IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default The Leader Boards.

Didn't see this so sorry didn't mean to copy you but I wrote something similar about a month ago too. I 100000% agree, no point of having 25 spots if all they get is bragging rights.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    Didn't see this so sorry didn't mean to copy you but I wrote something similar about a month ago too. I 100000% agree, no point of having 25 spots if all they get is bragging rights.
    No worries, never said you did! XD

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

There's not even a <1 death kills leaderboards like other games from STS. At least there, I would have a chance..

PS: A 0 death leaderboards would be even better, and this would be a good competitive section.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by Astrocat; 01-23-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

I completely agree and posted similar suggestions in the season 1 lb announcement. I think everyone on the lb should get some sort of credit. Although I did get a banner from season 1 I was kind of annoyed that if you were not number one you did not get any type of recognition. They did not even list the people who were not number one in the announcement. So my suggestions...

1) Everyone on the lb should get a vanity flag, but the number one spot (or perhaps also 2 and 3) should get a different banner.
    2) If 1) not doable, then at least recognize everyone on the lb in the announcement on the forums. I mean come on, they even listed the top 50 people who got to 21 on the forums.
    3) Make a tab on the leaderboard in game so you can browse the leaderboards from previous seasons.
    4) For PvP please breakdown the leaderboards into different classes
    5) Resetting kills each season would also be nice. Perhaps have a different lb for "all time kills" and "season kills" to satisfy everyone.
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 01-23-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: typo