Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buff Mages Nerf Rogue Crit Damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Buff Mages Nerf Rogue Crit Damage

I've been playing with my fully twinked lvl 16 mage and see that its just impossible to kill a rogue with good gear and even a insane challenge to kill a rogue with normal gear. Buff us mages, honestly, we are too underpowered. I can't even fight a normal geared warrior, at first I thought it was cos I sucked, but my damage output is actually so terrible for a mage that is "fully twinked", i mean, I got every single best gear possible for a mage, and its damage output is similar to warrior. I'm really surprised sts is taking this long to fix this problem. It ruins the whole of PvP, having a classes that only can do one thing... refill teammate's mana. Look at my stats, its the best possible, yet my kdr sucks. You all can say bs such as you suck or whatever, I assure you it's not the case. I've played every class and they all have something unique about them, warrior ---> High survival, very tough and can survive most large scale battles. Rogues ---> No skill class, Insanely High Dmg one shot killing every mage, now tell me what has the mage got? Refill mana? wow, as if that is gonna help us win battles -_- I hope an actual developer reads this, you have fixed certain issues such as matchmaking, pet bug etc, now you need to work more on the more important stuff, BALANCING ALL CLASSES. It really ruins PvP. BTW, I'm only referring to low lvl PvP, im not sure how mages work for endgame. Also, a very important point to bring up....why do you guys think that level 16 mage twink items are so cheap? Only one reason, because they're underpowered and people choose not to play it. If you all look at cs now, you will see, rogue twinks items most expensive, mage twink items, the amulet (best elite amulet level 16) costed me 8k loool, 8k for an amulet. All the facts are there, i'm not like all these other people that complain that "oh every class is overpowered" etc, the fact is, i've played every class and only reporting the facts.

For prove that my mage is fully geared here is a screenshot.
    Name:  ma.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  100.7 KB#

Just on a final note, look at my stats lmao. You look at that you wouldn't even think its a fully twinked level 16. STS you have a lot of work to do here -_-
    Last edited by Infrico; 01-24-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

This new update has nerfed rogue's already, they are running low on mana and criting a lot less. I play a mage and can beatbmost rogues 1v1. Maybe check your skill set

*based on lvl 21
    Last edited by Genuinous; 01-24-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

That little finger is creepy. o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Your kdr is over 1.. Wth are you complaining? Btw i have a twink mage, mostly l15 equips and im l16. And i rock. Most problems i have is with other mages. Rogues and warriors 1v1 really easy. Either your build is horrible or you just simply dont know what are you doing with your char.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

yeah, people think if they aren't 3:1 then they need buffed. The problem is ur playing other real people who are just as good as you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Yep rogues were nerfed......... And now warriors are op...... I tried to tell everyone..... It's not a warriors job to kill. But carry that flag defend players. ........ ...... ..... .. . . . ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Yep rogues were nerfed......... And now warriors are op...... I tried to tell everyone..... It's not a warriors job to kill. But carry that flag defend players. ........ ...... ..... .. . . . ....
    Rogues did not get nerfed, it's just that they can't use their pets. And it's the same for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Rogues did not get nerfed, it's just that they can't use their pets. And it's the same for everyone.
    Nope, our crit isn't as high..... Besides I didn't play with a pet..... U might of seen me with one but it wasn't feed. I didn't use outofeed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Nope, our crit isn't as high..... Besides I didn't play with a pet..... U might of seen me with one but it wasn't feed. I didn't use outofeed.
    Critical may be lower since you can't use Pets. But, nothing has been changed. No nerf, no buff. Check announcements again! :P

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Critical may be lower since you can't use Pets. But, nothing has been changed. No nerf, no buff. Check announcements again! :P
    I am not sure how many online games you have played in the past. Just because it wasn't in the announcement doesn't mean they did not do it. You can look at the first announcement that there will be no stun or pets in ctf. Yeah I know its beta.

I played all 3 last night. Mages seemed to have a boost to damage and warriors too. Rogue seemed nerf. Now if there are damage logs that I can find somewhere I could either prove or disprove that. I have been looking for logs since I first started playing but can't find them.

edited to add... I never used a pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

I would swear that the stun duration has increased. No evidence obviously, and maybe I'm just more impatient than when PvP first came out, but when I'm stunned, I am yelling at the tablet "Get up, get up!" while I watch my toon get slaughtered.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Oh snap!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

That pic in OP, isn't a fully geared lvl 16.

I used to run with guy geared 16 Mages, and those Stats do not compare to the highest. You can get much higher damage than that at 16. 100dmg is nothing, you should be at 180/190 dmg at least.

If so, state what gear you are using, to me doesn't look anywhere near fully fledged, maybe just me.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster:940691

I used to run with guy geared 16 Mages, and those Stats do not compare to the highest. You can get much higher damage than that at 16. 100dmg is nothing, you should be at 180/190 dmg at least.

If so, state what gear you are using, to me doesn't look anywhere near fully fledged, maybe just me.
    Lmao mixing dps and damage up

But those are not the best gear you can get for l16 mage
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

They have changed things in the past without mention except maybe a lost post by a dev on the forums. So I wouldn't be suprised if they did that here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

rogues dont need nerfed. im a mage and i get first hit, which knock backs enemies with fireball, like 70% of the time. mages need their frost bolts to freeze or slow down enemies and for the non charged wind to blow back enemies. we're a support class, if we had all of our stun/slow downs, mages would do perfectly fine against rogues. warriors are annoying as hell though with them being able to hit you at bow length

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gnug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gnug View Post
    rogues dont need nerfed. im a mage and i get first hit, which knock backs enemies with fireball, like 70% of the time. mages need their frost bolts to freeze or slow down enemies and for the non charged wind to blow back enemies. we're a support class, if we had all of our stun/slow downs, mages would do perfectly fine against rogues. warriors are annoying as hell though with them being able to hit you at bow length
    Yep I have classified warriors now as the op class. While pets were out none of the classes were more op than the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yep I have classified warriors now as the op class. While pets were out none of the classes were more op than the other.
    Yep, this is exactly why on the leaderboards the 20th ranked Rogue in kills is above the #1 Mage and Warrior. Obvious explanation: People who play Mage and Warrior obviously suck, the game is perfectly balanced. >_>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post

I assure you its the best set.

Clever demonologist helm of fitness
    Clever demonologist security
    Clever flamestrike Rod of Assault
    Ensorcelled band of brutality
    Divine something trinket lol( the one that gives the same stats as the ensorcelled band of brutality)

Its the best possible gear. I can understand why you guys may think this but trust me, i bet most of you are referring to end game PvP. You guys have to be in position to understand where im getting from, and it will only take a matter of seconds to understand once you are in that situation....a fully twinked PvP lvl 16 mage, its IMPOSSSIBLE to kill a twinked rogue unless he stands still doing nothing....this is not an extreme statement its true. If you're lucky you will probably reduce their hp down to 25% but thats max. You guys try it out, be my guest. The fact is, LOW level PvP doesn't work. The armor value is not good enough. Even fighting with a rogue with crappy gear but an alp is extremely difficult. You guys may think that its not the case cos lvl 21 offers far more armor for mages to withstand damage, try lvl 16 PvP and you will see where im gettin from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Told you mages sucked
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior