Thread: The Booting reason and Suggestion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default The Booting reason and Suggestion

First of all, someone booted me from a game and they said "trololololol"

Seriously??? Come on, at least MAKE them provide a SENTENCE for a reason!

And here is the suggestion:
    Let's make it so that people are disabled from booting at the last minute lol.
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

how can they make them supply a reason?

but like some sort of last minute boot stopping lol... either % of mobs left or time they have been on, like seniority...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Second that.
    /Vyvin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I think the host should always be able to boot anyone. I know there are issues with people being booted before the boss by idiots who don't understand other players don't affect your own drop chances, or by jerks who want to bring their friends in for the drop. However, the boot is there for a reason. You can't have a situation where someone could start being abusive, throwing out slurs, or some other kind of hatred, and be unbootable because too much progress has been made.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Abuse, slurs, and other hate offenses are bannable. Booting such people instead of getting them banned only incites their irrationality further. In that case there ought to be a one switch boot that kicks the guy and sends the last 100 lines of log to the devs.

But simply booting anyone who isn't level 45 should be worthy of a one day ban for bullying.

And another thing. They should keep stats on boots. The people who boot the most should have their boot reasons examined. If they are single letters, or the level of the person they booted was correct for a map but they said "too low", or if they say mean things in their boot reasons, they should be warned that their behavior is bullying and is not conducive to the sort of community that is wanted.

And certain people should have their boot powers taken away. For intsance, if someone is shown to boot before bosses or is cruel, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i got booted and the reason was a j.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Abuse, slurs, and other hate offenses are bannable. Booting such people instead of getting them banned only incites their irrationality further. In that case there ought to be a one switch boot that kicks the guy and sends the last 100 lines of log to the devs.

But simply booting anyone who isn't level 45 should be worthy of a one day ban for bullying.

And another thing. They should keep stats on boots. The people who boot the most should have their boot reasons examined. If they are single letters, or the level of the person they booted was correct for a map but they said "too low", or if they say mean things in their boot reasons, they should be warned that their behavior is bullying and is not conducive to the sort of community that is wanted.

And certain people should have their boot powers taken away. For intsance, if someone is shown to boot before bosses or is cruel, etc.
    good ideas, but who is gonna patrol the highway?

but....
    In that case there ought to be a one switch boot that kicks the guy and sends the last 100 lines of log to the devs.
    THAT would be good enough. if your reason to boot/send turns out to be bust, you lose host privileges for a few days... a week?
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I was booted with the reason "fail" >

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post

i completely disagree, if i boot someone i cba stating a 5minute paragraph saying sorry mate i dont like you, i just put a ., it saves time and it also gets people i like in faster , if you dont like being booted host a game, no point crying about it, if booting was removed then if someone joins your screwed, 5 bears and no one leaves? TERRIBLE.

thats my give on this
    Icantspel - 55 Fury ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh and ive never been booted for any reason ever, apart from the few occasions i would take my lvl 3's to plasma , which is understandable
    Icantspel - 55 Fury ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol...a boot stat would be an interesting addition to players stat page. Non-hideable of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Even though this is an old thread that was necroposted...

I'm against there being a reason required to boot people. It's their game and they can do whatever they want. HOWEVER, it's poor manners to boot someone without saying anything. A simple sorry would do.
    Stuck in the game? Don't know what to do? Try this new awesome section on the forums which contains guides created by players to address various game issues. Click HERE to go to it! You can also use the nifty SEARCH feature on these forums to find your answer as well.