Thread: Stop Team Stacking

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I share your frustration, and I like your ideas in your 2nd paragraph. If it happens before game starts that is ok with me, cause then you can decide to leave or join. Problem as you indicated is when it happens during a game.

Let me tell you a story:
    I've had that happen were my team was ahead in players (5 vs 3) in ctf, and I said in game chat that I would sit out till even. People on my team called me out that I should continue to play, and said that other team wouldnt do the same for my team if the situation was reversed. I didn't believe my teammates. Well eventually teams balanced out (5 vs. 5), and game went on. We lost two players (3 vs 5) for whatever reason, and I asked the other team to return the favor. They didnt. Learned my lesson the frustrating way.

Also, I know you didnt mention spawn killing but heres my 2 cents. There have been times when I attack opponents base to get their flag, and while going there see an enemy spawn and not move. Once I round the corner they magically come alive and attack me from behind. Learned another lesson.

The moral of the story:
    If your up a man or two, just continue to press on. There is no guarantee that other team will return the favor if your sit. Press on and hopefully your team can finish the game rather than extend if their team balances. In regards for spawn killing, its your call. If you dont attack, they will attack you once you round the corner or once you or your teammate gets the flag.

I've played pvp for a very long time and I've seen the sportsmanship deteriorate as the gameplay gets more competitive and heated ...
    *stacking of teams (guild or not), before match or during ... lol (5 vs 0)
    *leaving during and returning
    *asking people to leave so that they can substitute stronger players
    *trash talking
    *accusing people of defending (if other team has a base defender, why cant ours?)
    *saying gg when they win, but not when they lose
    *spawn killing
    * etc.

Unfortunately there are very few in-game options limit the above. So you just have to decide how you will react when faced with these players. I made a suggestion before to make a time limit for CTF matches, like 60 minute countdown. Including yours would be good.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sam_Arah For This Useful Post: