Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Leaderboards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Default PvP Leaderboards.

Hey, i'd more suggest that the Player VS. Player Leaderboards, would only apply for capped players (20-21). Most of the players on these Leaderboards, are low level players (6 to 9). What they do, is farm newbies. I mean, when you are 6 or 9, it's nearly always lower level players in the round. Example, judgement (nothing against you, just an example). He went on PvP Leaderboards in no time, by killing low levels. This does not deserve a place on Leaderboards. Just saying, since Leaderboards are more for when the player is good/skilled etc. Not by farming newbies all day. What ya think?

PS: Limsyoker, you're hot <3
    Last edited by Astrocat; 01-29-2013 at 04:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I have to say this is one brilliant idea aside from your signature that I have to completely agree with.

Tata French hottie!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you even lift Astro? mirin aesthetics brah?

Edit: Hmm yes I agree Astro, yes very good point indeed
    Last edited by kensan; 01-29-2013 at 04:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kensan View Post
    Do you even lift Astro? mirin aesthetics brah?

Edit: Hmm yes I agree Astro, yes very good point indeed
    Stop it, enough laughing in game already! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

nah. even if they will not include twink kills it wont change for thats how they set up the system. its not only twinks who farms.

i think changing the leaderboard system is the solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    nah. even if they will not include twink kills it wont change for thats how they set up the system. its not only twinks who farms.

i think changing the leaderboard system is the solution.
    That's what i'm suggesting. To change leaderboard system for PvP! Btw, hey Cero. :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

I think this is garbage. Why stop at 9? I could very easily be #1 on boards with my 10 tank if I cared to play enough. There will never be a division of the leader boards.... And judgement does nothing wrong. Irritates me how so many don't respect low lvl pvp. Ever play pl? You know, the game that started this all? My gosh, pvp is about twinking. 25 WF toyman is worth more then 10-20 beastly sets. Seems quite a few think there's no skill involved. Well find me a L6-8 twink Mage that can consistently beat him and ill admit there's no skill involved.
    If u happen to come across a lvl 7 tank w ss and hj please pm me ign and guild.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marrypoppins View Post
    I think this is garbage. Why stop at 9? I could very easily be #1 on boards with my 10 tank if I cared to play enough. There will never be a division of the leader boards.... And judgement does nothing wrong. Irritates me how so many don't respect low lvl pvp. Ever play pl? You know, the game that started this all? My gosh, pvp is about twinking. 25 WF toyman is worth more then 10-20 beastly sets. Seems quite a few think there's no skill involved. Well find me a L6-8 twink Mage that can consistently beat him and ill admit there's no skill involved.
    Easy cheesy there. Just suggesting gently and if you actually read the post, I said ''no offense, it's an example''. I have nothing against him.

When you are under 10, you only play with lower levels 90% of the time. Have a Twink myself, 1500+ kills with not even 100 deaths. This is my point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

No offense doesn't cover singleing him out nor using him as an example, that's crap. And I may have been a bit blunt and I apologize for that. He is a well respected member of the community and if I'm not mistaken the first sts million pve killer so game or not I still respect my elders... so I don't think that was appropriate. I've played with him in the same game plenty of times and can say that he isn't doing anything outta the ordinary.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

How about changing the leaderboards to account for a little bit more than just kills?

We could have:

-Total damage done
    -Total healing performed
    -Total damage taken
    -Total killing blows

That way if you wabt to spec support (tank/heal) you still have something to vouch for. Current leaderboards are made to have rogues on top.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

No offense doesn't cover singleing him out nor using him as an example, that's crap. And I may have been a bit blunt and I apologize for that. He is a well respected member of the community and if I'm not mistaken the first sts million pve killer so game or not I still respect my elders... so I don't think that was appropriate. I've played with him in the same game plenty of times and can say that he isn't doing anything outta the ordinary.
    I know him, he even trained me a bit, he's nice. I played with him a lot on my secret Twink. I can tell you, that's mainly how it goes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Hey, i'd more suggest that the Player VS. Player Leaderboards, would only apply for capped players (20-21). Most of the players on these Leaderboards, are low level players (6 to 9). What they do, is farm newbies. I mean, when you are 6 or 9, it's nearly always lower level players in the round. Example, judgement (nothing against you, just an example). He went on PvP Leaderboards in no time, by killing low levels. This does not deserve a place on Leaderboards. Just saying, since Leaderboards are more for when the player is good/skilled etc. Not by farming newbies all day. What ya think?

PS: Limsyoker, you're hot <3
    By far I hate this comment and I think I will have every twink on AL to back me up on this lmao. LB should be available for everyone of all levels! level 21 and 20s are matchmaked with 18s and 19s, even 16s at some point so its not as if we are the only level types that are considered as farmers. Maybe, adjusting the matchmaking system OR STS creating a level type for leaderboards would be a better idea, e.g. a level 1-10 leaderboard, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 etc.

Don't eliminate the lowbies especially the current one's who've spent a lot of time aiming for LB.
    Last edited by Infrico; 01-29-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Infrico View Post
    By far I hate this comment and I think I will have every twink on AL to back me up on this lmao.
    Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

You can't argue with the following:

1) A certain percentage of players (the exact percentage is of course up for debate) who are "twinks" have not chosen to be twinks forever but instead are new players who have not yet leveled up to cap but are in the process of leveling up. I would argue that this percentage is far greater than 50%. Perhaps you would argue it is much lower. But you cannot argue that it does not exist.

2) Since these players are new to Arcane Legends, their skills are not yet as developed as they will be when they get to end game, nor are they as developed as those who have been at their twink level for a long time.

3) Because of this, the average twink player has much less experience than the average end game player.

4) Therefore, a very experienced twink player can dominate lower level PvP to a greater extent than a very experienced end game player can dominate end game PvP.

That being said, I don't think there should be separate leaderboards for PvP. Twinks can never compete on the leaderboards for any other category. Since they are not going to be able to fight in the higher level dungeons, they will not be able to get enough achievement points to complete in that category. And since they must turn off their XP, their PvE kills get turned off as well, so they will not be able to compete in that category. So if they want to compete for best PvP player, then let them do so. It will not affect the "top player" leaderboard which is the one that most end game players care about, and is the one that is the total best players in all categories combined (PvE, PvP, Wealth, etc.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Very well stated brother man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Except some twinks are being twinks to climb the leaderboards quickly and then finish all the achievements at the end if the season. All the nonpvp achievements r easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Oo someone say Judge. Im here im here. How bout ya quite wineing like little school girls. Lube up those thumbs make a lvl 6 anything snd come see me. We will then see whats up.

STS EXTRAORDINAIRE... plz dont ever forgit it!!!!
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Who really cares about the leaderboards anyway?
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Megabird56 View Post
    All the nonpvp achievements r easy.
    If that was the case, then why were there only a few players (fewer than 10) who had max achievement points before PvP was introduced??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mafiainc42 View Post
    Oo someone say Judge. Im here im here. How bout ya quite wineing like little school girls. Lube up those thumbs make a lvl 6 anything snd come see me. We will then see whats up.

STS EXTRAORDINAIRE... plz dont ever forgit it!!!!
    Nice statement, I think i find too many sore losers out there in the game that whines a lot...isntead of coming up with ways to beat them, they come forum to whine to gte devs to do something.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Taxxor For This Useful Post: