Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hammerjaw - First Arcane Rarity Pet possible from Locked Watchman Crates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i have a hammerjaw!!.... but im gonna sell it..... pm me in the game or contact NORBEH...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to psychobunny For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

or i'll probably hold on to it..... dont know.... but i have it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im buying 100k each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boomdynamite View Post
    im buying 100k each
    Lol ill pay a mil each

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I will trade 10 wrath jaws for 1 hammerjaw, sounds good right? ik

7. The Following User Says Thank You to csyui For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

HahahXD Csyui you have had one so please give someone else a chance

Aniscater (lv 31 sorcerer)------Anislayer (lv 25 rogue)------Valtterijr (lv 23 warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

the cost of hammerjaw is gonna end up being more than ripmaw for someone ppl, even if they dont end up getting it. 15 plat to open a crate is wayyy too much. sts should either lower crate unlock price or giv more plat away with free offers. (although im pretty sure they wont)

Baddwolf-Sorcerer Badwolff-Rogue Bigbaddwolf-Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, have played since release and never have i seen something this wrong. Please make the Hammerjaw pet cost 1000 plat or something similar. Many of my friends who have also played since release have wasted hundreds and some even thousands of plat trying to get the pet (including myself) personally i think this was a very disrespectful move on spacetimestudios part. The people who help support this game deserve to have a better chance at the first ARCANE RARITY pet than this..come on guys..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Personally, I hope all the arcane items are this rare. Arcane items should be so rare that a player would be lucky to have one single arcane item. Not so common that most end game players have several. They should be rare enough to command 5m+.

Now maybe Mystic should be pretty rare where most elite end game players would be lucky enough to have one or maybe two, but not so common like pink legendary where you farm for them and buy and sell them on a daily basis. Mystic should be the kind of item that would be worth 1-2m. For those that play PL, think the Elite dark pink items.

And pink legendary -- we have seen that in AL pink items are not so rare at all. Since I've started playing AL, I've probably owned about a hundred of them. Yes, they are not as common as the greens or purples, but they are common enough that most players who put any time into farming have gotten dozens of them.

I think the stats of the mystic items should be only a tiny bit better than pink legendary, and the stats of arcane items should be only a tiny bit better than mystic. That way the players who have these items won't have a huge advantage over those who do not. But there would still be an advantage, however slight, which would cause these items to be worth a bundle. Kind of how like the dragon sets in PL only gave a few stat points, but were worth millions.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-05-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Saw a hammer in cs earlier....no clue if there or not still but guy wanted 9.9mill for it. Is there even anyone that rich in game?

Edit: yup it sold lol. Some ppl play waaayyyyy too much lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stackz View Post
    Saw a hammer in cs earlier....no clue if there or not still but guy wanted 9.9mill for it. Is there even anyone that rich in game?

Edit: yup it sold lol. Some ppl play waaayyyyy too much lol
    Just because it's not in the AH, doesn't mean it sold. It was there since yesterday and could easily have expired. Or it could have been someone who bought a few eggs early on when people didn't quite know the price and put it up in AH for show. (400 - 500k listing fee is a small price to pay if that player could convince the majority of the community that it's "worth" 9.5M. The player could then sell the hammerjaw eggs he/she acquired and sell them at a much higher premium. Merching happens in every MMO. The more gold someone has, the more easily a player is able to manipulate the market. I've been part of such clans in other MMOs I've played and I'll tell you this much. The rich get richer, that's just fact.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenois For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Unless he cancelled the listing ur argument is void. I was up at 9am this morning and it wasn't listed. Then it pops up at noon and is gone by 4pm. So he either has money to burn showing it off or someone has a bunch of money

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Wow, have played since release and never have i seen something this wrong. Please make the Hammerjaw pet cost 1000 plat or something similar. Many of my friends who have also played since release have wasted hundreds and some even thousands of plat trying to get the pet (including myself) personally i think this was a very disrespectful move on spacetimestudios part. The people who help support this game deserve to have a better chance at the first ARCANE RARITY pet than this..come on guys..
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I spent a few hundred, then I bought the 1700 plat and tried some more. I don't have it, spent a few hundred grand buying chests and probably close to 2k plat. I don't have it, I'm happy. Sure, I'd love to have gotten one (or more) but the fact that there are items this rare makes me happy. Hopefully all Arcane items are this rare (of course, with stats to warrant), it will make trying to get the best gear worth more than a day of grinding.

P.S. anyone want a bunch of useless watch gear for mages and warriors? I seem to have a little bit to spare... sorry, swords are sold, rest is garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BAHAHAH . SPENT OVER 500£ ON PLATS AND ONLY RECEIVED 1 MTHIC AND MCAW. literally wasted my time & effort.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeffrey Ramadan View Post
    BAHAHAH . SPENT OVER 500£ ON PLATS AND ONLY RECEIVED 1 MTHIC AND MCAW. literally wasted my time & effort.
    At least u got mythic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Simple bro: Never give up. And good luck bro XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

New Talon Birdy eats Hammerjaws nomnomnom

Devs needa consider upping the stats on these to make them worthwhile

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    New Talon Birdy eats Hammerjaws nomnomnom

Devs needa consider upping the stats on these to make them worthwhile
    Talon is absolutely a rogues best friend Mate it to someone who has hooks and it looks so sweet!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

No more opening crates lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Hey Sam, I guess I'm the only one here that is very pleased with this all. I've been asking for ages in both PL & AL that there be some really rare items, and it looks like you delivered.

I haven't gotten a chance to play much today, and earlier when I looked there weren't any Hammerjaws in the CS yet, but I'm sure when they do have them they will be like 5m+. So this gives me something to work towards long term. I gotta work really hard, do lots of farming, merching, etc. I need to save every bit of gold, and then one day I will have him for sure!

And to the person who said having Hammerjaw would just show you are lucky, I doubt that very much. Most players who are just lucky and get Hammerjaw will just sell him for the insane amounts of gold he will get. Those who actually put the pets in their stable will mostly be those who purchased him.

This reminds me of the dragon sets in PL. I got my first dragon set last summer. It cost me 26m gold. It took 3 months of playing 2-3 hours per day (and more on weekends) to save up that gold, but then I was able to get one. It's the only time in PL I ever felt a sense of true achievement, like i had accomplished something that wasn't easy but was very difficult.

I just hope I will get more chances like that in the future. It seems like the vast majority of players want to have the super rare items within a few hours after they are released, or else they rage and complain that it's too rare. I just hope STS won't give in this time.
    Well, I made the above post earlier in this thread on February 1st. And today I finally purchased a Hammerjaw Egg!

Now if only they would make it so that I could get the achievement by opening the egg. Originally the achievement was awarded for this, but then they changed it to eliminate those who beg to borrow an arcane item (such as the rogue hooks) for the achievement and then scam and don't give it back. But with hatching an egg, it can only be done once, so I don't see what the problem is with awarding the achievement for that.

In its current form it's almost crazy to even call it an "achivement" at all. What did someone actually achieve? No amount of hard work or excellence in this game will earn you the arcane achievement. It's just plain luck like winning a lottery. It's kind of lousy that there is no way I can actually "achieve" this achievement.

But just to show that it is possible, it took me about 4 months but I managed to get my Hammerjaw! So it can be done. Now just give me the achievement too!! Lord knows I've spent enough time and done enough hard work to deserve it!